Thread: Mtw Classic 7.0, 1.2 compatible, 3 eras, {new in 7.0 = All buildings and cities vary and unique, and a new battle system }

Default Mtw Classic 7.0, 1.2 compatible, 3 eras, {new in 7.0 = All buildings and cities vary and unique, and a new battle system }

this version obsolete... see this thread for 8.0
    http://twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97076
    Last edited by Axe-Battler; May 06, 2007 at 08:31 PM.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

Default Re: Mtw Classic 7.0, 1.2 compatible, 3 eras, {new in 7.0 = All buildings and cities vary and unique, and a new battle system }

hm,and there's oodles them? without patch 1.2 ?
    i think not ideal....
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Default Re: Mtw Classic 7.0, 1.2 compatible, 3 eras, {new in 7.0 = All buildings and cities vary and unique, and a new battle system }

??? What the hell does that mean?

This is for 1.2 patch.

What are you saying?

Does this mod include new skins, models or units?
    Any new factions?

Those are my questions .

no it does not.

in the future it will.

I'm waiting for this to be hosted in the mod thread long enough then I'm going to get a mod forum for it as a minor mod.

Sounds interesting and I'm willing to give it a go, but is this compatible with BBB 1.9+? I guess it is (except for the swiss and aragonese lacking some faction specific traits), but can anyone confirm that?

[Edit]: Tested it with BBB and it seems to work fine so far. I guess the experience might be limited when playing swiss and aragonese, but the rest is fine. Two minor notes though I started a polish campaign in the late era and after constructing a gunsmith, was able to constuct all types of cannons available to poland. The descriptions of the higher level gunsmiths say nothing about getting the ability to construct additional types, increased availability or increased experience, so there's basically no point in constructing them(?). Further, I was able to recruit all types of weird mercs in the Stettin regions that shouldn't be available there -like welsh spearmen (shouldn't be in the region and not in the era) and sudanese tribesmen...

Other than that: Great Job!
    Last edited by Niccolo Machiavelli; April 29, 2007 at 10:57 AM.

under the patronage of Belisarius

when i turn on the mod my game just crashes!
    W
    T
    F
    ?

Further, I was able to recruit all types of weird mercs in the Stettin regions that shouldn't be available there -like welsh spearmen (shouldn't be in the region and not in the era) and sudanese tribesmen
    That's how it is supposed to be.

This reflects mtw1's mercenary system, and allows more variety.

Two minor notes though I started a polish campaign in the late era and after constructing a gunsmith, was able to constuct all types of cannons available to poland. The descriptions of the higher level gunsmiths say nothing about getting the ability to construct additional types, increased availability or increased experience, so there's basically no point in constructing them(?).
    I'll look into this, do you mean that all of the higher level artillery can be recruited in the lowest level? I didn't think it was like this, but I'll double check.

I can also slow the recruitment build up for the lower level artillery in lower buildings for the next release.

Your complaints about the swiss and aragonese are common of course, this is a little problem that I hope to fix(make them complete factions).

I just lack the ability to mod it myself.

Hopefully I can get help in the future with these two factions.

Thanks for your feedback and glad you enjoyed it.

@DaLegionary, Make sure you extract the files from the download that appear in the rar to your MAIN mtw2 directory...

then simply use the batch files to select your campaign era.

If you have further troubles pm me and I'll guide you through installation.

Quote Originally Posted by ramtha View Post
    That's how it is supposed to be.

This reflects mtw1's mercenary system, and allows more variety.
    I don't exactly remember how this was handled in vanilla MTW I since I've played wesmod mostly, but e.g. sudanese tribesmen shouldn't be available in stettin.

I'll look into this, do you mean that all of the higher level artillery can be recruited in the lowest level? I didn't think it was like this, but I'll double check.

I can also slow the recruitment build up for the lower level artillery in lower buildings for the next release.
    Yes - I was able to recruit 4 types of artillery after building the first level gunsmith in halych and from the description, there was no point in constructing the higher level gunsmiths.

Your complaints about the swiss and aragonese are common of course, this is a little problem that I hope to fix(make them complete factions).

I just lack the ability to mod it myself.

Hopefully I can get help in the future with these two factions.
    That was no complaint - I was referring to the compatibility with BBB 1.9+ which has some bloodline tracking features. Since it was made for the vanilla factions, it lacks the entries for the swiss and aragonese but works well for the rest. Of course it would be great if they had their unique skins, names, etc..., but I understand that this requires a lot of effort. I'd offer help, but unfortunately, I'm not much of a modder.

Thanks for your feedback and glad you enjoyed it.
    I'm still enjoying it - just wondering if the timurids and america are still in, as they weren't in MTW 1 and I'd love to see them, which appears possible with a late era start (I've never seen them with any vanilla or modded campaign).

under the patronage of Belisarius

i did,i even went into my M2TW directory to turn it on.

I don't exactly remember how this was handled in vanilla MTW I since I've played wesmod mostly, but e.g. sudanese tribesmen shouldn't be available in stettin.
    Mtw1 had a mercenary system that allowed all kinds of exotic and foreign units to be recruited in places that they shouldn't be historically.

So sudanese tribesmen in stettin is intentional, it's not historically accuract at all, but this is done for variety and to reflect mtw1 this way.

Yes - I was able to recruit 4 types of artillery after building the first level gunsmith in halych and from the description, there was no point in constructing the higher level gunsmiths
    Yes I looked at it last night... **** ... I screwed up lol... in the next release/update I will fix this. Thanks for the finding.

That was no complaint - I was referring to the compatibility with BBB 1.9+ which has some bloodline tracking features. Since it was made for the vanilla factions, it lacks the entries for the swiss and aragonese but works well for the rest. Of course it would be great if they had their unique skins, names, etc..., but I understand that this requires a lot of effort. I'd offer help, but unfortunately, I'm not much of a modder
    Okay I see what you are saying now, I was sort of confused.

I'm not sure if this will ever work for a bloodline tracking feature, I hope, maybe someone will volunteer to mod this in, I have no clue how to do this.

I'm still enjoying it - just wondering if the timurids and america are still in, as they weren't in MTW 1 and I'd love to see them, which appears possible with a late era start (I've never seen them with any vanilla or modded campaign).
    I intentionally took them out of the campaign because they weren't in mtw1.

Since you seem disappointed about them not being in, and I'm sure many others feel the same way, I will make an optional download that enables the timurids to invade in the high era I believe it would be, and for the americas to be discovered in the late era, I might also in that optional download extend the late era ending timeline.

i did,i even went into my M2TW directory to turn it on.
    Are you sure you have 1.2 patch installed?
    Other than what I told you in the above post of mine, just private message me and I'll talk you through installation.

UPDATE! ATTENTION ALL: I have a patch for 7.0, consider this mod to be at 7.5 now.

It fixes serious bugs and adds new features.

List of fixed bugs:

1) Siege buildings and cannon factorys had the highest level artillery recruitable at the lowest level building, this has been fixed.
    2) renamed swiss units, that formerly represented italian/milanese faction, they now match up for this swiss faction.
    3) Fixed the mercenaries that were not supposed to be recruited in early and high era, such as serbian knights in early, condiettere in early and high, crossbows in early, etc... They are all fixed.
    4) A SERIOUS problem, that only I was capable of creating... lol... fortresses in the high and early era appeared incorrectly as "citadels", they were supposed to be fortresses, and it caused additional problems, this has been fixed completely.

New Features/tweaks:

1) A brand new pike/halberd battle system, no longer do they form the incompitent and useless spear wall that causes too much bad than good.
    They no longer have secondary weapons, they only fight with long pikes and halberds. They are 10 times more useful now, and fight against infantry just fine.
    Spear wall is gone, all pike units and halberdiers fight ONLY with their pikes and halberds, no more swords in melee for them... they are something really fun to use now!
    2) All Elite units that originally were recruited in walls, are now recruited at citadels, such as swiss armoured pikes, conquistadors, broken lances, christian guards, etc.

To install this patch/update, make sure you have 7.0 installed first!
    Then download from here...
    http://files.filefront.com/MtwClassi.../fileinfo.html
    And extract the files from the rar to your main mtw2 directory.
    It will overwrite the necessary files.

But notice, Once you install this patch, you need to do several things,
    go into your Base folders and delete the file "map.rwm"
    Base Folders are located in your mtw2/MtwClassicXXX(era)/data/world/maps/
    there you'll see it, "Base"... delete all your map.rwm files.

Also, go into your mod folders(high, early, late), and go in the text folders, delete the file "export_unit.txt.strings.bin"

then you're ready to play.

beezneez's Avatar Civis

being able to start in different eras is what i miss. it's no fun starting out the same every time. i'm giving it a try
    "And so the population was gradually led into the demoralizing temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilization', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement."
    -The Roman Author Tacitus

In my opinion, the only thing bad about mtw2 is the way crusades work...

and the fact that there wasn't the three eras.

But now there's only 1 problem left... lol