Thread: centurion sword fix...help

Icon1 centurion sword fix...help

good afternoon guys,

i am playing spqr mod and i came around with the problem of my centurion and standards sword vanishing while they r in combat.

i reported this and LT told me that this is a secondary weapon ca bug and it can be solved just by adding another sword to the centurion.

i was just wondering if u many good guys out there will be kind enough to tell me how to do this.

help will be highly obliged.

Default Re: centurion sword fix...help

It involves editing the model of the officer and for that besides know how you need 3dsmax because it is the only one that can be used for RTW models. Plus I know some cases when even with the second weapon(another sword) the sword still disappears the moment the unit makes contact with the enemy. This only happens to the officers that are attached to units that use missiles. And it happens after all the missiles have been used.

i dont know much on how to edit models will u be able to help me?

No. I don`t have 3dsmax. Plus it is not extremely easy to muster from what I hear. There are some good tutorials for it here at twc, but first you`d need the program.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Or you can edit the export_descr_unit so no secondary weapon is assigned.

Make a copy of the EDU first, as a back up.

Open the EDU use ctrl f, type the name of the unit in the pop up box, it should take you to the unit entry, then edit out the secondary unit, best to just copy and paste from a unit that doesn't have a secondary weapon.

Save and your done.

can u just give me an example on how to do this correctly coz i s**k at these things.

thanks.