Idea Thread

1. Lucius Malfoy
    Lucius Malfoy
    Here we will discuss ideas and suggestions. The Workshop thread is more for archiving stuff.
  2. Xion
    Xion
    Item quests.

I've told Lucius about this idea somewhat, but here's a more detailed version :

In GSTK, I got kind of tired of having the ability to just buy items that had no real special stats unless it was made by a smith, and even then it's only max +9. So I was thinking of perhaps allowing players the chance to do a quest finding the required materials for a material that then could be forged(with rolls, of course) into a special item with some bonuses(but will cost alot more than the standard items and each person can only have one or so.
  3. Lucius Malfoy
    Lucius Malfoy
    I am glad to have the limit factor. I would say that anyone lower than the Emperor should have one special item. The Emperor is allowed to have two: an heirloom weapon/armor and their own personally made weapon/armor. A means of showing their authority.

The material hunting and forging would take a long time. A good 2 - 3 weeks of rping for them would be sufficient, but the person must have good roleplay in order to get it. If their roleplaying is mediocre and sporadic, they will get the deformed offspring of the real item or not be able to make it. Rolls can determine what the bonuses are.
  4. Xion
    Xion
    I agree, although maybe have a position of office item for the Divine as well, like how the Pope has the staff. Other than that, no other heirloom items unless some circumstance arises through tons of rp that one could be considered, and even then may not happen.

Yeah, good rp and if it's somewhat dangerous like Dragon Scales, have to successfully fight the creature/whatever has the item. But I do agree, you have to put the effort into it or you may get a weakened form or just get a nice, shiny, personalized version of the standard +6 or whatever sword. As for bonuses, rolls will suffice, but maybe take into account the materials. A bonus example I can think of is increasing effectiveness vs Darkspawn x2 or something for personal combat only.

Hm...list of materials to at least start off with-
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Materials
  5. Xion
    Xion
    Alright..some of my ideas I have been working on.

Map wise :
    I've carved up a map of Orlais into..like 25 ish counties. I'll just list the major ones as the others are not of that much importance :
    * Some factors I have taken into account-
    Capitial of Orlais : Val Royeaux will have some of the highest income and troop count
    Imperial Highway City : Located on the Orlesian Imperial Highway, a boost to income
    Trade City : Javer(for now, but Mont-de-glace as well perhaps), may be richest cities and have above average troop amounts

Val Royeaux
    Income : 15-25,000 Sovereigns (Orlesian Capitial AND on the Imperial Highway, province wise)
    Troops : 5-15,000 Levies, 5,000 Professional soldiers. Can conscript 25,000+ men if necessary
    *Conscription : Raises x number of conscripts, but pisses off the people and may cause riots, rebellion, or open civil war. Conscripts are literal crap in battle, counting for 0.5 of a levy due to their ,minimal training
    ** Milita : 1/3rd of the Levy can be a "militia" of sorts that is active and has to have upkeep paid every turn, but is better trained than the standard levy.

Montstimmard
    * Montstimmard will be starting off as a rebellious province due to the Circle of Magi being located there
    ** The NPC noble of Montstimmard is NOT a rebel and will support Orlesian forces against the rebel Mages and Templars who are fighting their own war across the province.
    Income : 12,500- 20,000
    Troops : 4-12,000 Levies, 3,500 Professional, Conscription- 15,000+

Javer
    *Major Trading Port
    Income : 18,000-30,000
    Troops :
    Levy- 4,500-12,000
    Professional : 5,000
    Conscription : 20,000+
    Naval : 100 Warships*
    *I am only going to give the Orlesian Port Cities ships for now.

Halamshiral
    *Former Dalish Capitial
    Income : 12,500- 18,000
    Troops :
    Levy : 3,000-13,000
    Professional : 3500
    Conscription : 15,000

Lydes
    *Imperial Highway City
    Income : 14,000-18,000
    Troops :
    Levy : 3,000-9,000
    Professional : 3,000
    Conscription : 12,500
  6. Lucius Malfoy
    Lucius Malfoy
    Quick version-

Apprentic Mage : 2 Levies
    Mage : 3-5 Professionals
    Senior Mage : 8-10
    Enchanter : 15
    Senior Enchanter : 20
    First Enchanter : 25

Dalish Archers : 5 Professionals
    Imperiale Garde : 5 Professionals
    Imperiale Garde Chevalier : 10 Hmmmm makes sense. What about Templars and regular soldiers? Templars will be a similar structure to mages, but will have 2 values : One for standard combat, the other against Magi.

Regular Orlesian Professional : 1 man
    Regular Levy : 1 Levy
    Conscript : 0.5 Levies

The Dales : 50-65,000 men. Halashimral will have the largest share of that
    The Marshes : 20,000..if even
    Orlesian Heartlands : 100,000-200,000 (This is Val Royeuax, the other Val Cities, and maybe Montsimmard)
    Tirashan : 40,000
    Gamordan : 50,000, mostly in Mont-de-glace
    Ghislain Plains : 75,000-100,000
    Javer : 15-30,000

To divide up.

Ghislain : 150-200,000
    Dales : 100,000- 200,000 (including Jader)
    Heartland : 250,000-400,000 (I just want the Empereur to have an advantage over these two areas, also Royeaux is like huge with tons of people)

Percentages of composition:
    20-40 Professional
    20 Soldier
    20-40 Levies
    10 Irregulars
  7. Xion
    Xion
    Yup. I think that's everything we have so far.

Oh..Darkspawn!
    Genlocks : 1 Soldier
    Hurlocks : 1 Professional
    Ogres : 10-20 Professional
    Alphas : Genlock/Hurlock x5
    Darkspawn Commanders : Hurlock-20 Genlock-12
    Emissary : 10. Regardless.
  8. Lucius Malfoy
    Lucius Malfoy
    Marcher Lord of the Dales- Halamshiral
    Marcher Lord of the Ghislain Plains- Ghislain
    Marcher Lord of the Urthemiel Plateau- Arl Dumat
    Marcher Lord of the Tirashan and Blasted Hills- Andoral's Reach
    Marcher Lord of Gamordan- Mont-de-Glace
    Lord Protector of the Southern Heartlands-Val Foret
    Lord Protector of the Northern Heartlands- Montfort

Looks good!
  9. Xion
    Xion
    Marcher Lord of the Dales- Halamshiral
    Marcher Lord of the Ghislain Plains- Ghislain
    Marcher Lord of the Urthemiel Plateau- Arl Dumat
    Marcher Lord of the Tirashan (I've decided due to Andoral's Reach being near Ghislain to add it to Ghislain instead)
    Marcher Lord of Gamordan- Mont-de-Glace
    Lord Protector of the Southern Heartlands-Val Foret
    Lord Protector of the Northern Heartlands- Montfort

The Dales :
    Nine Provinces.
    Seats of Power :
    Halamshiral- Marcher Lord of the Dales
    Javer- Marquis of the Waking Sea/Javer
    Lydes- Vicomte of Lydes

Provincal Income :
    Very High Income : Javer (15-25,000)
    High Income : Halamshiral, Lydes (12,500-20,000 each)
    Moderate Income : 3 Provinces (10,000-15,000)
    Low Income : 2 Provinces (5,000-8,000)
    Very Low Income : 1 Provinces : (1,000-4,000)

Troop Numbers :
    Javer : 8,000-15,000
    Halamshiral : 12,000-20,000
    Lydes : 8,000-13,000
    Moderate Income : 6,000-10,000
    Low Income : 4,000-8,000
    Very Low : 3,000

Ghislain Plains
    Five provinces
    Seats of Power :
    Ghislain : Marcher Lord of Ghislain
    Andoral's Reach : Comte of the Blaste Hills
    Churneau : Comte of Churneau
    Perendale : Baron of Perendale

Provincial Income :
    4 High Income Provinces (The named cities 12,000-22,500)
    1 Moderate Income Province : 10,000-14,000

Troop Numbers :
    Ghislain : 15,000-25,000
    Andoral's :10,000-15000
    Churneau : 14,000-18,000
    Perendale : 14,000-20000
    Moderate Province : 6,000-10000
  10. Lucius Malfoy
    Lucius Malfoy
    Tirashan and Urthemiel Plateau
    Eight Provinces
    Seats of Power :
    Arl Dumat : Marcher Lord of The Tirashan and Urthemiel Plateau

Provincial Income
    Arl Dumat : Moderate Income : 10,000-12,000
    3 Low Income : 4,000-8,000
    4 Very Low Income : 2,000-4,000

Troop Amounts :
    Arl Dumat : 8,000-12,000
    Low Income : 3,000-6,000
    Very Low Income : 2,000-4,000

Nahashin Marches
    Four Provinces
    Seats of Power :
    None of note

Provincial Income :
    All Four Provinces : Very Low Income : 2,000-4,000

Troop Amount :
    All Provinces : 1,000-3,500
  11. Xion
    Xion
    The Imperial Demense

Seats of Power :
    Val Royeaux : Capitial of the Orlesian Empire

Provinical Income :
    Val Royeaux : 45,000+ (It's canon-wise a massive city, where the Divine of the Chantry is(pilgrims= travellers = money) and Orlais is supposed to be rich...)
    2 Very High Income Provinces ( I made Val Royeaux it's own ) - 25,000

Troop Amounts :
    Val Royeaux : 30,000-50,000 (Not including the Imperial Guard)
    Imperial Guard : 5-10,000
    2 Provinces : 20-25,000

..Hey..it's the capitial and Emperor's domain. Should be powerful.
  12. Lucius Malfoy
    Lucius Malfoy
    Gamordan is basically a in between of the Dales and Tirashan. I'll get to it in a second.

Lord Protectors are above the Dales...and reconsidering making the Heartlands not be so unified as they're going to be rich.

The Orlesian Heartland :
    Eight Provinces :
    Seats of Power :
    Val Foret : Duke of the Southern Heartland
    Monfort : Duke of the Northern Heartland
    Arlesans : Viscount
    Val Chevin : Count of Val chevin
    Cumberland : Marquis of Cumberland
    Verchiel : Count (Actually I'm considering tossing this into the Dales)
    Montsimmard : Marquis du Montsimmard
    *Rebel Province
    Val Firim : Count

Provinical Income
    Val Foret : Very High
    Monfort : High
    Arlesans : High
    VC : Very High
    Val Firim : high
    Montismmard : High
    Cumberland : Very High
    Verchiel : High

Troop Amounts :
    Val Foret : 18-25,000
    Monfort : 24,000
    Arlesans : 18,000
    Val Chevin : 20,000+
    Val Firim : 18,000-24,000
    Montsimmard : 20,000
    Cumberland : 15,000, a third of the Orlesian Navy
    Verchiel : 12,000-18000

Same. Maybe cut up some provinces and have someone touch it up in some program.

Gamordan :

Seats of Power :
    Mont-de-Glace

Provincial Income :
    Mont-de-Glace : High : 15-25,000
    6 Very Low Income : 5,000
    2 medium Income : 10,000
    2 Low : 7,500

Troop Amounts :
    Mont de Glace : 10,000. 100 ships
    Very Low : 2,500
    Medium : 7,500
    Low : 4,000
  13. Xion
    Xion
    Small Preview of my next work :

Arldom of Redcliffe
    Seat of Power : Redcliffe
    Provincial Income :
    Orlesian Spies estimate it at around 75,000 to 100,000 for the entire Arldom, with a fourth of that being from Redcliffe alone
    Troop Amount :
    Spies report a standing force of several thousand knights, with the capability to be bolsted up to 25,000 or greater when the Arl calls for his levies.

Yep. I'm doing Ferelden and Nevarra just for numbers when and if there is a war between Orlais and one or both of these nations.
  14. Xion
    Xion
    Kingdom of Ferelden

Notes :
    Mabari Warhounds : The constant companions of many Fereldens. Affluent middle and upper class, along with nobility most likely have several, perhaps the same for Hunters. Are all Mabari trained for combat? No. But it is likely one or two would fight alongside their owners..do remember that at Ostagar the first wave into combat were the Mabari. Mabari are upkeep free troops and come with their owners. Recommended spawning rate

Professional Soldiers : One Mabari
    Men at Arms : 1d4 (1-2 : 1 Mabari, 3-4 : 2 Mabari)
    Noble units : 1d6
    Named Nobility(Ferelden generals and royalty : 1d8)

Mabari are effective vs light troops.

History of Resistance : Many Fereldens have not forgotten the prior occupation of Orlais and Maric's Rebellion. If Orlais attacks once again, d20 x 250 extra levies and d20 x 50 extra men at arms will be spawned in each province to defend Ferelden.
    Devastation : Ferelden's countryside, notably Amaranthine, Denerim, the Bannorn and the eastern parts of Redcliffe have been ruined by the Blight. Halved income and troop numbers from these demenses.
  15. Xion
    Xion
    The Tevinter Imperium

"And yet the Imperium survives. Whether with sword or magic, Tevinter remains a force to be reckoned with. Minrathous has been besieged by men, by Qunari, by Andraste herself, and never fallen."

Tevinter. Once a massive empire, now a slowly dying shell of that Empire. It's lowest point could be considered before the New Exalted Marches, where every city sans Minrathous fell to the Qunari. Only with Orlesian and other nations support through a bloody war with the Qunari where Gaatlock cannon were matched by the numerous Magi of the various nations.

National bonuses :
    Minrathous : The Imperial Capital, never conquered.
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Minrathous
    The Juggernauts of Minrathous : Golems designed by the Dwarves and purchased by the Imperium to defend Minrathous. (Golem Defensive units, VERY powerful apparently)
    The Walls of Minrathous : The High Walls of the City. +6 in Defense
    Magocratic Society : Bonus to Mage combat strength and number of Magi available.
    "The Imperium today is a magocracy. Political power is solely in the hands of the magisters, who come only from the ranks of the Circle. Every young mage aspires to be a magister's apprentice because it's the best chance of ascending to the rank of magister themselves."
    The Magisters : Replace nobility. Range in power from average to superpowerful. If they can put aside their arguments long enough, the Magisters can be a lethal opponent with their spells to any army, not to mention their prescence inspiring the Imperium forces.
    Slave Empire :
    "Of course, the greatest consumer of slave labor is the Tevinter Imperium, which would surely crumble if not for the endless supply of slaves from all over the continent. There, they are meat, chattel. They are beaten, used as fodder in the endless war against the Qunari, and even serve as components in dark magic rituals."
    -From Black City, Black Divine: A Study of the Tevinter Imperium, by Sister Petrine, Chantry scholar
    Double or Triple Levies for the Imperium, half cost, half or a third of the Quality of other nations.

Season Unending : Tevinter can't engage ANY other nation to it's south in warfare unless attacked until they defeat the Qunari completely.
    The Imperium's Military :
    "The Imperium draws a variety of soldiers from its territories to form an impressive army. Most noted throughout Thedas, however, is the use of elephant mounts that have been imported into Tevinter for centuries through the coastal colonies near the northwestern jungles. As well, Minrathous is famously protected by a trio of gigantic war golems purchased from the dwarves known as the Juggernauts."

Imperium Elephants : Powerful anti-infantry war beasts
    The Imperium can hire Mercenaries at half cost or double mercenaries for standard price
    Levied Professionals and Man at Arms can vary in quality(can be average, better, or worse than standard)

All quotes are from Tevinter Imperium articles from the wiki.
  16. Xion
    Xion
    ...Discovered this week that Cumberland, Penerin, and the Blasted Hills are Nevarran territory.

We really need a solid map done.
  17. Xion
    Xion
    Okay! The TES idea..here's some of my current thoughts

Racial Bonus : Will be implemented somewhat but will be relatively minor.
    Example :
    Bosmer : +1 to Archery, +1 to Forest rolls(ANything to do with woods)
    Altmer : +1 to Magic related rolls, +2 Mana (20 more Mana)

Character stats : Personally, I think designing your own character could be fleshed out to include stats like we had in Beyond Potter for selective traits

Simple version : 50 points to start.

Race : Imperial (No bonuses as Imperials are average :p)
    Warrior : 30 (Decent in Combat, specializes in Armor so -1 to enemy duel and assassination rolls)
    Thief : 10 (Poor at Sneaking and related skills)
    Mage : 10 (Poor Mage, has only 100 Mana for spells(10 Mage pts x 10)

You may choose one to specialize in., and then a specific skill from that tree of techs. Your stats will be increased through good roleplaying, events, or items, while the same can decrease if you rp poorly or get a cursed item for example/

Items : Probably make "standard" shop items that are typically weaker when compared to a weapon or armor crafted by someone through rp over several weeks.
    Enchanting requires rp or a hefty sum for it. The mods will provide a list of enchantments and their +/- stats. A soul gem with a filled soul is required per week to mantain the enchantment. Failure to do so means your item is unenchanted for that week.

Armies :
    Will be made of generic and unique unit types. Generic could be the "Imperial Legionnare" or ""Aldmeri Infantry" Unique may be considered Valenwood Archers or Orc Warriors. Each will have respective values in combat ranging from 1 man(generics, usually) to 10 or more (A master swordsman would be worth say 10 generics)