Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Default Re: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

nice mod.
    Finish Him!

FATALITY!

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago de Pola View Post
    Crimson tide is based on Lusted's descr_geography_new file! So if you install CT, you'll also get Lusted's smoother battle map!
    Hello mate!!well since you seem to know a few things about this mod,do you happen to know if it is compatible with "FOR KING OR COUNTRY" especially now that there is a Kingdom's version of "FKOC"? (i don't know if this is already answered but thank you in advance mate!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf View Post
    Hello mate!!well since you seem to know a few things about this mod,do you happen to know if it is compatible with "FOR KING OR COUNTRY" especially now that there is a Kingdom's version of "FKOC"? (i don't know if this is already answered but thank you in advance mate!!)
    Yes it is! I suggest you don't use the projectile file, as it may cause ctd's(if not compatible with the mod you're using)..best to make backups!

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Great mod! Im just adding this to Vanilla M2TW to spice thigns up. I can see it now, the scots chargin' down a hill and throwing there axes into the English faces.....

Ron Burgundy?'s Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Historydude View Post
    Great mod! Im just adding this to Vanilla M2TW to spice thigns up. I can see it now, the scots chargin' down a hill and throwing there axes into the English faces.....
    I don't think you can add this to vanilla its a submod for SS. I could be wrong though :hmmm:

And yes its great.
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy?; March 01, 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: simple jack brain fart

Barser's Avatar Senator

As far as I know it works with every mod. Even vanilla.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Alas it works but shortly after my game freezes from lack of ram. Any of you guys have experience with AntiVirus 2009/Vundo?

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Hi!
    How can I bring the arrow traces back?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by saamohod View Post
    Hi!
    How can I bring the arrow traces back?
    As posted in the original post:

(if you do not want the added dust, delete descr_particles.txt, if you want your arrow trails back delete descr_flaming_projectiles.txt)

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

will dirt disappear if i will apply no dirt version on top of full version.. since 47 mb > 10 mb.. and unless there is some file which disables all those.. i dont wanna get sudden crashes

but dirt isnt realistic.. and sadly nowhere near good looking.. compared to shiny ss textures..
    not to mention when units get dirty while standing.. sup with that

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis View Post
    will dirt disappear if i will apply no dirt version on top of full version.. since 47 mb > 10 mb.. and unless there is some file which disables all those.. i dont wanna get sudden crashes

but dirt isnt realistic.. and sadly nowhere near good looking.. compared to shiny ss textures..
    not to mention when units get dirty while standing.. sup with that
    I think if you just delete all the files in the SS\data\overlaytextures folder and then replace them with the no-dirt version files you should be fine. I'm 95% sure that's what I did to get rid of the dirt (I didn't particularly like it either)

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    I think if you just delete all the files in the SS\data\overlaytextures folder and then replace them with the no-dirt version files you should be fine. I'm 95% sure that's what I did to get rid of the dirt (I didn't particularly like it either)

that doesnt work.. units become black :X

Hmmm...how did I get rid of the dirt then? Maybe just install the no-dirt version over the dirt version? :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Hmmm...how did I get rid of the dirt then? Maybe just install the no-dirt version over the dirt version? :hmmm:
    that doesnt work either.. i just extracted files from both versions.. and handpicked files which didnt exist in no dirt version.. apart burning men file.. which for some reason isnt included in no dirt version >_<
    and its all good now

Oskar_GT's Avatar Civis
    Quetzaltenango city, Guatemala, Central America

Hi, i just want to say that i love crimsom tide, but wonder if someone knows how to increase the level or "amount" of dust particle on battlefield, to bring a more realistic and chaotic feelin to the units clash/movement on the ground and improve an already great mod like this. Hope someone can help whit that in this thread.
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar_GT View Post
    Hi, i just want to say that i love crimsom tide, but wonder if someone knows how to increase the level or "amount" of dust particle on battlefield, to bring a more realistic and chaotic feelin to the units clash/movement on the ground and improve an already great mod like this. Hope someone can help whit that in this thread.
    more dust.. tbh there was more than enough dust.. and it doesnt repersent reality at all..

you dont drown in clouds of dust.. in reality.. you do in ct

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis View Post
    more dust.. tbh there was more than enough dust.. and it doesnt repersent reality at all..

you dont drown in clouds of dust.. in reality.. you do in ct
    I see dust when units are moving, but very little or no dust at all, when the units are fighting! :hmmm:

Oskar_GT's Avatar Civis
    Quetzaltenango city, Guatemala, Central America

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago de Pola View Post
    I see dust when units are moving, but very little or no dust at all, when the units are fighting! :hmmm:
    Yes, that's what i mean Santiago, sometimes there's little or not dust at all on the battlefield when units are moving and fighting, and i think that there could be great try to add more dust on the air just to fit more whit the units dirt effect of crimsom tide. (I think Smikis maybe tought that i am refering to the dust on the units that the mod already put on them and which are just fine as it is).
    Last edited by Oskar_GT; March 12, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

I love this mod but it is frustrating, The no dirt version has dirt in it but no sand or snow. It should be called the dirt only version. So I downloaded the full version and deleted the dirt textures and they still get dirty. I tried deleting descr_geography_new and they still get dirty. Where is it coming from? I love the blood, sand and snow effects they look great, but the dirt is really ruining it for me.

* I think I got it working properly now, it took some tinkering and I'm not sure what I did but I haven't seen any dirt in the last few battles.
    Last edited by Tyre; March 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyre View Post
    I love this mod but it is frustrating, The no dirt version has dirt in it but no sand or snow. It should be called the dirt only version. So I downloaded the full version and deleted the dirt textures and they still get dirty. I tried deleting descr_geography_new and they still get dirty. Where is it coming from? I love the blood, sand and snow effects they look great, but the dirt is really ruining it for me.

* I think I got it working properly now, it took some tinkering and I'm not sure what I did but I haven't seen any dirt in the last few battles.

um i dont have dirt..

snow and dirt works same way, tho snow is about 200% unrealistic.. specialy when someones face is all white due snow.. go joging in winter.. i wonder how much snow will stay on you.. and snow melts from your face ..

there is dirt textures in no dirt version, but doesnt do anything

to remove unwanted files just install both mods into any location and check what files are different.. then remove