Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RELEASE: Crimson Tide 2.5 (blood,sand,dirt,snow)

hmm I know that in custom battles, you can't choose the weather with the maps that have the little X next to them, make sure you try different maps, if it doesn't work still I'm sure it has somthing to do with descr_geography_new which is the file I modified to tell the game to use different overlay textures for specific climates. I'm sure that the changes I made to it should not effect the weather at all. try playing on different maps and see if that works, let me know if you figure it out or get any results.
    Author of Crimson Tide, the Battlefield Aesthetics Mod
    click below for link.

I rebooted and it's working now... I actually just unrar everything into data folder and overwrote everything too. Not sure what happened there, maybe I did not wait long enough in battle for the dirt/snow to show up.

The added textures are just brilliant.

More suggestions:

- I just did a snow battle and noticed the dead guys did not have any of the snow texture. They were dirty while fighting but quite clean after dieing .

- blood wounds - I see splatters and stab wounds, but not incised wounds. There are a lot of slashings in battle, it would be nice to see them.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

yeah I noticed that too with the snow, I'm not 100% sure why but I will try to figure it out and I'm sure I will. and I do plan to revise the wounds more, slashes sound good I will try to add some of them too in the next version, I'm glad to hear you got it working though. I will need to do some more research on the descr_geography_new to make the snow work 100% correct
    click below for link.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I must say your work is indeed groundbreaking in the filed of battle immersion when it comes to this game that we all know and love.Keep up the good work ,I look forward to seeing what you are able to accomplish as time presses on.It is the work of modders like yourself that continue to reinvent this game and its experience time and again and insure that it will never become stale collecting dust upon our shelves....also I do not know if you have noticed but your overlay effects have added to the overall appearance of the model itself,causing steel armatures to hold the gritty metallic sheen they have been lacking,brilliant indeed

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusa IX View Post
    I must say your work is indeed groundbreaking in the filed of battle immersion when it comes to this game that we all know and love.Keep up the good work ,I look forward to seeing what you are able to accomplish as time presses on.It is the work of modders like yourself that continue to reinvent this game and its experience time and again and insure that it will never become stale collecting dust upon our shelves....also I do not know if you have noticed but your overlay effects have added to the overall appearance of the model itself,causing steel armatures to hold the gritty metallic sheen they have been lacking,brilliant indeed

Hey, thanks so much that means alot to me to hear that, I've worked pretty hard on these textures and I'm pretty proud of them so far.
    click below for link.

i think you can make a effect...cleave

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

"I'm pretty proud of them so far."
    Magas

You should be!

how the snow can be exhibitioned?

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

You've done it once more Magus, the blood master!

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

very nice I like the fact that you cut down on the mud a bit

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.

Good job Magus, thanks for your effort in your great mod!

Magus's Avatar Tiro

just to let you guys know, I added a little disclaimer in bold on the first page under features concerning the descr_geography_new.db file that I had modified, if you use a mod that uses this file it will overwrite but I can easily make it compatible with any mod and if there are any issues please let me know.
    click below for link.

Magus,
    I found that playing as the T.O. before a battle the general and his army were dirty however all the other units were clean. Here is a pix

Magus's Avatar Tiro

yes, unfortunatly it appears that all mounted unit will get extra diry/snow/sandy for some reason while their horse, and foot soldiers will still be clean. I am not 100% sure why this is but it is somthing that I am aware of and I wish to correct. I will have to delve into the code aspect of the overlay textures some more in order to correct that as well as some other things I wanted to change. so until I find a resolution there isn't anything to be done about that other than tone down the dirt to the point where you wouldn't notice it, and that wouldn't be good :/
    I'll keep you posted with my progress if I figure anything out.
    click below for link.

Barser's Avatar Senator

Hope you find a solution for that problem. It looked a little wierd when I was fighting a snow battle and all my cav looked like ice while the infantry was normal.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

Magus's Avatar Tiro

I am getting closer, I am starting to translate the wierd giberish symbols in the descr_geography_new.db as numbers for the values of when an overlay texture is applied... I think this is a good start..as always I will keep my progress posted.
    click below for link.

Ehh, its still better even if they are dirty! Im lovin it!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Excellent. Any plans to add dust/more dust?

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Magus's Avatar Tiro

yes definitley, I want to work on that too, increase the dust being kicked up on sand maps, that would be great, I am sure there is a text file somewhere that I can edit to fix that. I am hex editing the descr_geography_new.db right now and it is very wierd and complicate for instance the number "20" seems to be translated as " ÍÍI< " or somthing along those lines, I am cracking the code though!
    click below for link.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    yes definitley, I want to work on that too, increase the dust being kicked up on sand maps, that would be great, I am sure there is a text file somewhere that I can edit to fix that. I am hex editing the descr_geography_new.db right now and it is very wierd and complicate for instance the number "20" seems to be translated as " ÍÍI< " or somthing along those lines, I am cracking the code though!
    I think ss5.1 had increased dust or at least a mod for it.

Might be worth testing before and after for any lag that dust introduces, if any.

Back in RTW days in spqr mod the dust that flew up in and around clashing armies was fantastic.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E