Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: UPDATED 7/8 Crimson Tide 2.5 (blood,sand,dirt,snow)

Ohh I like the dirt, so no waiting on a newer version to play than for me, thought you were gonna have a 1.7 or 2.7 or whatever coming out today, guess you changed your mind and changed it the way you have it now. Cool!

Magus's Avatar Tiro

yeah I will be up tonight revising the snow textures mostly as well as a little work on the dirt textures, I was thankfully able to make the snow 100% part of the game now though with that new file I added on the bottom of the first post, before, for some reason vanilla MTW2 had textures, and differnt options for snow, but it was disabled. I corrected this so now snow is just as much a part of the game as dirt and sand, i was overcompensating before by making the snow textures very intense, but now that I've fixed them I can refine them more like the other textures, I think I might also make them a little higher resolution also. Anyways! I will keep my progress posted as always, thanks for the support!
    Author of Crimson Tide, the Battlefield Aesthetics Mod
    click below for link.

thanks 4 the super quick answers!

Default Re: RELEASE: Crimson Tide 2.5 (blood,sand,dirt,snow)

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    the descr_geography_new on the main page on the bottom of the first post now includes lusted's terrain fixes. And I will also be releasing a new version of my textures that will fix the snow, make it more gradual, frost at the start and them clumps of snow on the head and shoulders the longer a soldier is fighting. I will also be toning down the advanced dirt effects as well so they aren't as overwhelming.
    Great, that was exactly my issue I was alluding to earlier. THX!!!

Make the battles with more blood!!!!

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Question, do you think these pictures are too snowy, or too bloody?

I actually did just increase the blood by the way I think you'll be pleased
    click below for link.

Its hard to tell, but i think theres too much snow. Just tone it down a wee bit and increase the blood a wee bit

Magus's Avatar Tiro

i think you may be right, I had the feeling there was a little too much snow.. hmmmm back to the drawing board.
    click below for link.

Yea too much snow, you cant tell what the units look like, they are all white! lol

Magus's Avatar Tiro

right on. I'm gonna tone the snow down I think to maybe half that, I think that'll work! I'll keep my progress posted, maybe I'll post a few screens again so I can get some opinions..
    click below for link.

Silly Magus, there is no such thing as too much blood. The snow seem a bit much on their bodies. I think there are two ways to look at how you want the snow to be applied. If your thinking of the guys getting snowy from snow falling from the sky, then it should be on their heads and shoulders and legs from walking in it. If there is no snow falling it should just be on their legs. If thats even possible. In any case, I think there should always be more snow on the legs, you just don't get that much snow on your head and shoulders, but it gets all over your legs/feet.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Can you make it where rain will make the blood runny?

Magus's Avatar Tiro

as far as I know there isn't anyway to apply different overlay textures for different type of weather, there are only 3 overlay textures for each terrain type and 3 for each blood type, I have to kind of tweak them until they work... I think I wanted to make mosty snow on the legs and feet, that does make sense.. I am working on the textures right now...
    click below for link.

Is there any way you could make the blood more liquidy looking even if there isn't rain?

I dont know if anyone else is having this issue but when I fight castle battles I can walk through walls and buildings as well as the AI. I have been blocked in citys and fortress so far so I have to knock the walls down myself.

This has only happened since I have used this mod.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

yeah I'm sure it has to be somthing else, I've never had that problem and I use the same files as the ones I released, the file that I altered only effects the integers and pathnames for overlay textures, there are also other tweaks made by lusted included that effect the the intensity and "walkability" of the slopes on mountain terrain which would have no effect on clipping inside castles and buildings..... very strange though indeed..

As far as the tweaks I am making to the blood though, this new version I am working on is comming along nicely I've changed the tone and saturation of the blood effects back to a "deeper" sort of tone so they resemble blood from the liver or somthing :p , on the third level of blood I have also connected some of the "stab" wounds so they appear more like slashes and I added more sprays and drips and stuff.. as far as making it more "liquidy looking" could you try to describe exactly what you mean? or show me a picture or somthing? like more drippy or somthing? hmmm
    Last edited by Magus; July 09, 2008 at 09:42 AM.
    click below for link.

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

Jesus that some sweet blood there. But with the snow you should be careful not to hide all the unit details, make the snow be more of a tone to the textures instead of covering them.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

yeah I know exactly what you mean, and I did modify that, the snow is now mostly around the feet, and its more of a "filmy, forsty, overcoat in spotches" than a "slathered in shaving cream" sort of look now.
    click below for link.

Well, concerning the blood textures..

I think it's best to use the logical sequence..so the first texture would be just minor wounds on arms and leg, second layer would be more serious wounds like the shoulders and some on the upper torso, and the third layer would be some really severe wounds, like stab wounds on torso and some blood on the head(helmet) and such! That progression would also reflect the blood splatter of other soldiers on our guy!

And about snow..I agree that there should be most snow on legs, but some small amount should also be on upper torso, shield and helmet, to simulate the fact that soldiers would often fall to the ground while fighting, thus getting snow all over them!

Just some brainstorming..

when can we expect the release?