Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: DLV symbol and GUI pack (now in > BB 4.01)

Default Re: Shadrach & Tokus' DLV full symbol project (from Hell) for DLV 6.2 (updated 25th Dec 2OO9)

++FULL RELEASE++ 1st January 2010
    It's... it's too real to be believed! ...and yet, it IS real...!
    Shadrach & Tokus' DLV 6.2 full symbol*patcher

"Your new art patcher has more than simply polished DLV, it has renewed it! Revitalised and invigorated it! I exspecially like the DLV logo on the loading images but everything I've seen is very cool" - Master DLVeloper Taiji upon the release of this full symbol set patcher

This mod is only possible because of the canny craft and skills of Shadrach. It has been great working with him in order to give DLV the finish and polish I always wanted. Praise him with much +rep

Freakturing:
    Entire symbol set revamped, banner renewed and refreshed - all level and scaled sharp with NORWAY, DESERT TRIBES & AZTEC symbol all in at last. Campaign set up symbols all redressed and in too.
    New DLV ICON .ico
    New Splash screen
    New Deus lo Vult loading logos
    New Menu screen
    New cultural rebel symbols
    General stars - visible again
    Banner shapes and ship sails
    Crusade/Jihad top of banner symbols

Download:
    REMOVED LINK - there's a newer version loose!

To install:
    Unzip the downloaded file.
    Drag 'n' drop the [data] folder inside the downloaded file into your [DLV_ext] folder inside the game folder on your machine. always remember to back up your originals should these creatively mutilate your game graphics forever.
    Last edited by Tokus*Maximus; January 03, 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Default Re: Shadrach & Tokus' DLV full symbol set for DLV 6.2 RELEASED (1st Janaury 2O1O)

Thanks Tokus. What a wonderful early New Yr gift! I will D/L & install & post my thoughts later.

What an asset you are!

Happy New Yr everyone, enjoy & party safely & God Bless!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: Shadrach & Tokus' DLV full symbol set for DLV 6.2 RELEASED (1st Janaury 2O1O)

I have downloaded and checked this baby out and I love it. Well done to the Tokus and the Shadrach, really truly excellent work guys

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Happy New Year guys, I'm sure its going to be a good one for DLV

GJ to Tokus for pausing in the middle of the festivities for making this available to all

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Speechless Words don't meean anything......
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: 01/01/10 - Shadrach & Tokus' DLV full symbol set for DLV 6.2 [Full release version]

I got lots of no pictures in the diplomacy menu, map, everywhere. WTF?
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Default Re: 01/01/10 - Shadrach & Tokus' DLV full symbol set for DLV 6.2 [Full release version]

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    I got lots of no pictures in the diplomacy menu, map, everywhere. WTF?
    Me too.
    About 1/10 of the factions are missing their banners.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Strange it works very well for me, and i really love it

I also noticed the small goodies added in the loading screens

Shadrach & Tokus, superbe work!!
    I hope you will not stop here and continue other 2D graphical enhancements
    (Just a joke, the mod is already the most beautifull i have seen on the strat map).
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Strange it works very well for me, and i really love it

I also noticed the small goodies added in the loading screens

Shadrach & Tokus, superbe work!!
    I hope you will not stop here and continue other 2D graphical enhancements
    (Just a joke, the mod is already the most beautifull i have seen on the strat map).
    Thats weird.

There are about 10 factions missing their symbols for me.
    I will try adding the mod again.

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Those of you with problems with the symbols, what operating systems are you running?

Did you pack the files into the DLV_ext folder and be sure that that the data directory and content is overwritten?

Really weird that some symbols show and some don't as they are all on the same file.

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Well, I got all of the symbols to work by copy and pasting the folders again. I think combining all of the mods I use (BB, RMP, Text overhaul, Cedrics Mini Mod) caused it to screw up, and I had some miss placed files from one of the mods.
    But for some reason the mini map was the normal one (in the bottom left) BUT when I ended a turn the main map (where units, castles are) turns black and the mini map turns into the new mini map.

I was confused so I tried adding the mods again but now it CTDs, so I am going to delete the DLV mod folder and start over.
    Also, kind of out of place, but is there a way to change the faction names to a more understandable way?

HbHadast's Avatar Civis

Awesome job guys! +rep

The symbol set for the Moors isn't accurate, though. I hope that this can help:
    http://www.filefront.com/15271269/AlmohadLogo.tga/

HbHadast

Default Re: 03/01/10 - Shadrach/Tokus full DLV symbol set for 6.2 [New! Moors symbol set patch]

New! 03/01/10 update
    New Moors faction symbol set (Thanks to HbHadast for sample suggestion)
    Jihad top-of-banner symbol fixed
    Splash screen updated with new Moors symbol
    Deus lo Vult loading logos refined
    Menu screen logo refined

Download:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/07ist1 <---- New link by Shadrach - thanks Chief! (fixed corrupt symbol9 file)

To install:
    Unzip the downloaded file.
    Drag 'n' drop the [data] folder inside the downloaded file into your [DLV_ext] folder found within the game folder on your machine.
    Last edited by Tokus*Maximus; January 03, 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: 03/01/10 - Shadrach/Tokus full DLV symbol set for 6.2 [New! Moors symbol set patch]

Thanks guys!!+rep!!

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Really Nice work Tokus! Hope its much easier for you now to edit the files as you don't have to fiddle with the cramped files

I also got the weird graphic mess up bug yesterday, and it hung completely as well. If it continues I'll try reinstalling DLV and just the gfx mod and see if its that or if its BB or some combination, those are the only mods I have.

Patrician Citizen

Keep up the great work, Tokus!
    I have downloaded it already
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Can't continue a campaign with your new update....

@Agis Tournas - definately one for the BIG DLV patcher collection!
    @TMSKILZ - You are most welcome - happy new year to you too!
    @cedric37 - Thx for the praise - I loved sorting this mod out - it was fun!
    @Sivilombudsmannen - glad the mod hit the spot
    @jasonxfri13th - aye, lots of sub-mod can often confuse each other and have conflicting files. I'm playing this on DLVanilla 6.2 + latest BB by Taiji and then this Artfixer lastly.
    @HbHadast - Thanks for your Moors reference - I tok it to heart and changed all the Moors symbols over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    Can't continue a campaign with your new update....
    @Brips - My fellow modder-in-arms Shadrach may known more about this than me about your question, but I'd recommend starting afresh when you upgrade with this art*patcher...

Hope this finds you well,

-- Tokus

Patrician Citizen

Arf, since i updated my game with your symbol patch i cannot reload my game: here is the error:
    18:29:29.593 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    Hope this helps.
    Cédric.