Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Yarrum's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Amazing work! Just two questions though:

1. Do the missile troops riding the wagons actually fire?
    2. What does the wagon death animation look like? Do you have a video of it?

Indefinitely Banned

I have updated the animations pack with a new v1.2 update archive.
    http://www.filefront.com/14542039/ro...onspack_v12.7z

• v1.2: Improved MTW2_Shortbowman bowstring animation – arrow does not “float” and is strung above the hand [All units that use the MTW2_Shortbowman_String and derivatives skeleton will automatically benefit from it. MTW2_Longbowman_String should be considered a legacy unsupported skeleton and should no longer be used.]
    • Fixed entry in war wagon descry_skeletons.txt which caused them to glitch when “charging”
    • Fixed descr_skeletons.txt attack distances that were preventing units from attacking.
    • Improved MTW_Legion walk animation – jerky arms gone.
    • Added overhand hoplite mk2, pistoller, supply wagon, “dome”-class war wagon animation sets.
    Screens of the improved bowstring animation:

Pistoller:
    Last edited by Banzai!; September 16, 2009 at 04:02 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Updated animations pack. See edited previous post.

Opifex

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

+rep for that work, great job.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

I have a question, is this installable? or do I have to copy and paste files? And does it work for vanilla medieval 2? (will it change the animations?)

Good job Banzai

hey I made this guy is there any chance to make him shootable from ak47?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

I don't understand. I play THird Age mod, I say: I must manually edit every single unit and use GOAT? There isn't a clear explanation

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

wow fantastic job Banzai!
    dwonload now
    +rep
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

I feel like such a noob, but what the hell do I do with all of these animations? I googled this cuz I was interested but I have no idea what to do with all of these files. I'm sure I could figure it out, but the amount of files are overwhelming. This is what I have downloaded: rome_animationspack_v11 & rome_animationspack_v12 & rome_animationspack_v12.7z Now what do I do with all of these, I open them up and crap myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Krendog24 View Post
    I feel like such a noob, but what the hell do I do with all of these animations? I googled this cuz I was interested but I have no idea what to do with all of these files. I'm sure I could figure it out, but the amount of files are overwhelming. This is what I have downloaded: rome_animationspack_v11 & rome_animationspack_v12 & rome_animationspack_v12.7z Now what do I do with all of these, I open them up and crap myself.
    There is a very nice .pdf document in Banzai's files which should explain all you need to know.

@Banzai
    There seems to be a problem with the dying animation of the new bowstring-units. Some of the dying units spin like crazy before dying and then they shrink to a tiny person with the "jesus-syndrom".
    Here's an example how a dead unit looks like:

Do you know what causes this and how it could be solved?

Besides, awesome work with the war-wagons.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    @Banzai
    There seems to be a problem with the dying animation of the new bowstring-units. Some of the dying units spin like crazy before dying and then they shrink to a tiny person with the "jesus-syndrom".
    Here's an example how a dead unit looks like:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Do you know what causes this and how it could be solved?

Besides, awesome work with the war-wagons.
    I think this is a similar problem as with the dog statues, and the sometimes resulting crash. I believe I have proved in testing that the problem is down to the various 'attack victim' anims in descr_skeleton as models using anims which don't contain any, dont produce any dog statues or cause a CTD. These anims seem to be used as the tag suggests by the victim of a fatal attack. The spinning is the result of the anim designed for a standard human sketeton being applied to a non-human skeleton. The half buried jesus guy and the dog statue are the default anim for the model kicking in. The dog related CTD, I'm still not 100% sure of, but if the spinning and the default anim can be solved...

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

i really cannot understand ANYTHING at all. How iam going to put this animations in the game i really want to install the longbowmen animations and the crossbowman, basicly i show something simular in Third age total war were the bowmen used arrows and strings and i really want to know if there is a simple way of installing them, i mean like replacing the original animations and thats it.

I dont understand anytthing!!
    i have done as you said. the pack.dat was increased by 20 megs
    and descr_skel is in the right place. engine is at the right place.

[util]
    no_animdb = true is set in preferences and write protected. Do i have to use goat too?

Once you have placed the packs and descr_skeleton in your mod folder, all you need to do is make changes to your battle_models.db for the units that you want to use the new anims.

And how do i do that? please tell me im desperate hehe

OK i used the text editor but its only a lot of names with no.cas files? so what am i going to do?

You'd really be better off reading the .pdf that Banazi! has provided, cas files are not used in M2 except on the strat map.

i have done that look this:
    1. Copy-paste the animations/animations/ folder contents into your M2TW animations
    folder. DONE
    2. Copy-paste the animations/descr_skeletons.txt contents into your mod folder. DONE
    3. Check you have:
    [util]
    no_animdb = true
    set in your preferences.DONE
    4. Delete /animations/pack.idx, pack.dat, skeletons.idx, skeletons.dat for the
    animations to rebuild on next game startup. DONE
    5. You can begin using the animations now (do so by changing the battle_models unit
    skeleton entries as needed) huh? he mean those from the example folder? ok look. one example:
    The decap animation:
    dismounted_gothic_knights_decap_lod0.ms3d converted to dismounted_gothic_knights_decap_lod0.mesh
    DONE
    put the mesh file in this folder unit_models/animtesting
    DONE

next im in the battle_models.modeldb file with wordpad.
    searched for dismounted_gothic_knights
    DONE

I copied over those with the new text :
    25 dismounted_gothic_knights
    1 1
    65 unit_models/animtesting/dismounted_gothic_knights_decap_lod0.mesh 6400
    4 merc
    77 unit_models/_Units/LN_Gothic_RN_Plate/textures/LN_gothic_RN_plate_hre.texture
    80 unit_models/_Units/LN_Gothic_RN_Plate/textures/LN_gothic_RN_plate_normal.texture
    53 unit_sprites/hre_Dismounted_Gothic_Knights_sprite.spr
    4 merc
    56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_hre_diff.texture
    56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_hre_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    21 MTW2_Slow_2HSwordsman 0
    24 MTW2_2HSwordsman_Primary 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    DONE

Open export_descr_unit DONE
    Searched for Ulster Swordsmen DONE

The new text:
    l
    l
    v

type Ulster Swordsmen
    dictionary Ulster_Swordsmen ; Ulster Swordsmen, up
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    accent French
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier armored_swordsman_bigsword_decap, 48, 0, 12.0 ;, 0.6
    officer gauldrako
    mount_effect horse +2, camel +2 ;;tear off the limbs
    attributes free_upkeep_unit, mercenary_unit, sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, frighten_mounted, frighten_foot, command
    ;formation 0.4, 0, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    formation 2.4, 2.4, 2.4, 2.4, 5, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 24, 96, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 9, 16, 15, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 0 ; 6
    stat_ground 0, 0, 0, 0 ; 1, -1, 2, 1
    stat_mental 18, impetuous, trained
    stat_charge_dist 6
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 2100, 350, 90, 70, 525, 4, 170
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2, 3 ; 2, 3
    armour_ug_models armored_swordsman_bigsword_decap, dismounted_gothic_knights, f_ambacti
    ownership all ; denmark, norway
    era 2 france, spain
    recruit_priority_offset 0 ; 10

---------------------------l
    Copied over with the new text.
    DONE.

But The game still crashes why?
    please help =))
    maybe this will help lot of other peoples too =)

heellloooooo? anybody?