Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Town and Castle RozMod for SS6.3 Beta released

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The Roz Mod for Stainless Steel 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    -------------

looking through the EDB it seems that scotland can't build
    barons /earls or kings stables or marksmens ranges although they can recruit in them.

not sure I understand why.
    I believe it's so they could still recruit their units in case they took a city with one of those buildings so it wouldn't be completely useless, like in the marksman range. They actually get new units in the stables though.

earl's stables-demi lancers
    king's-Mounted Calivermen
    (they can build baron's)

Good catch, I'm going to change this in my submod.

I played with 2TPY sub mod of James Phillip and huge unit sub mod. If I install Roz mod, will my saved game be compatible? Will I have to uninstall any of those sub mod that I installed?

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

newt - apologies you're right I didn't spot the scotland at the beginning of the barons stables !

I've added the other two and marksmans range for scotland.

OK I'm off now to play the cumans and see if it's possible to survive the impending full-stack attack by the Hungarians.
    (last time they just walked away after besieing my castle for one turn.)
    ----

have started implementing changes as per the 1100 historical accurate changes as and when i can (ie those not requiring new map)

adjusted campaign script for 2 tpy for the merchant and priests spam (sorry spawn) - now on T10 and T20 with only 1 merchant per faction each time.
    have split the slave merchant spawn to half on T10 and half on T20

have equalised faction extra dosh (k-p) for the various difficulty levels
    easy: 500
    medium: 700
    hard: 1100
    very hard: 1500

with the economy script I can't see much point in having different k-p for each faction, especially as it'll apply throughout game.
    --------

might add some extra slave merchants on islands

- indeed added another 10 rebel merchants in various out of the way locations.
    - also changed spawning locations for factions especially where region allocations had changed.

game seems better balanced apart from giving Lisbon to the Moors - looks too intimidating for the Portuguese to attack.
    (mind you it took a crusade and help from the english to capture it in 1147)
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; September 08, 2010 at 07:26 PM.

I played with 2TPY sub mod of James Phillip and huge unit sub mod. If I install Roz mod, will my saved game be compatible? Will I have to uninstall any of those sub mod that I installed?
    assassin14 - I'm pretty certain the save game will not be compatible. For one thing the RozMod has permanent stone forts and all sorts of other differences.
    I hope to make the RozMod a proper 2 turn per year mod in due course - lots of things to sort out!
    -----

still tweaking and testing for the next update.
    changed a couple of prefer sea_invasions khwarezm, kievan_rus ans leon-castile set to no
    (and timurids can't sap whatever it says.)
    added ports to Oporto and Damietta.
    added crusade target to Lisbon.
    the heirs check kicks in after T10 now to give AI factions a chance to recruit their own additional generals.
    added merchant guild to venice and genoa - both now reduced to 1 settlement at start.
    moved some spawn locations for additional heirs and other start armies.
    moved a few forts to more reliable locations - some roads generate in different places each campaign.

(L-C seems bonkers on very hrad setting -busy fighting Portugal, Aragon and England.
    presumably portugal and Aragon attack as L-C is weaker than moors?)
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; September 09, 2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: update

update:

am testing the 2 turns per year revisions to both early campaign script
    and
    the ancilliaries file.

hopefully they should work OK.

update plus
    -------------

have implemented the 4 extra government buildings - I'll probably post them here as an optional upgrade for towns and castles settlements and
    then revise and integrate for the next big download version.

with the new campaign script and other changes I may revise the benefits of the govt buildings.

need to sort out the Mongol rocket launcer workshop too, whilst I'm at it.

revised descr_regions added some more no_pirates
    changed a couple of jihad / crusade tragets
    added capital and hansa hidden_resources
    tweaked the campaign_db.xml file

still testing but looking good so far.

looks like the 6.3.1 patch may be a while yet (no ETA) so will press ahead with Mod using 6.3 as baseline.
    once I have the full mod stable we can look to see what other fixes, sub-mods etc can be added without giving me too much grief!
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; September 10, 2010 at 08:40 AM.

triple post -but a good 'un.

herewith the 4 government buildings with adjusted EDB.

just unzip into the SS6.3 folder.

as mentioned above this uses the capital hidden_resource and I've also added hansa hidden_resource as a requirement for building the hanseatic league building.

Attachment 108024

I'll incorporate into the main RozMod with the next major update.

Roz, what about reducing (or even removing) the king's purse for the players?
    The AI obviously needs it, but I guess most players just get wealthier by that, even if they do nothing...

King's purse is set in descr_strat - so all factions get it including human player.
    AI gets K_P bonuses according to difficulty level - I've equalised them as with the economy script (apart from the turks who always bomb) the differences make little differences.

a lot depends on which faction you play - i was playing england and soon got strapped for cash - genoa was doing well for a while - but I've not played any faction long enough for a proper test.
    you could remove k-p in descr_strat and only have the bonuses in the campaign script but I think I'll leave that as it is for now.
    ----

meanwhile back at the ranch ....

been doing the 2TPY EDB - for now it'll keep the town/castle thing as easy to do that than start splitting now and I know some people will prefer keeping the town/castle thing,
    so if I leave it to last I should be able to do 2 versions.

Have cut replenishment rate by slightly more than half - so slightly fewer units available per calendar year.

and have capped the recruitment pool for units - I've not increased any just put a max at:
    town barracks 1/1/2/23/3/4
    castle barracks 1/2/2/3/3
    archery 1/2/3/4
    not done stables yet.

have removed peasant infantry and need to replace them at lowest level of relevant barracks with some basic miltia units.

I'm thinking of being more rigorous with making units obsolete - fyrd spearmen and vikings removed by 1200 perhaps, that sort of thing. (ideas welcome)

Hey roz i was just wondering if there was any way that you could incorporate the whole recruting generals or if you'd rather not then could u help me in adding them cause i kinda miss them. Thanks in advance

Edit: Hey roz i did a little snooping around the forums and i found the answer to my question and you had been interested as well. It was in the post that did it through the town hall building. I simply cut and paste it in and it seemed to work. I will be trying a campaign with it to see how the AI reacts to it and ill be back with the results if your interested.
    Last edited by iamsawyer; September 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM.
    "Yes. It is true. I, Michael Scott, am signing up with an online dating service. Thousands of people have done it, and I am going to do it. I need a username, and... I have a great one. "Little Kid Lover". That way people will know exactly where my priorities are at." -Michael Scott

recruiting generals -

I think If I incorporated it it would have to be for large cities and above and very low replenishment rates -
    say 1 every 30 years or something like that to stop humans exploiting it.
    --

still ploughing on tweaking things and testing them.
    have incorporated the destroy_units for crusading and jihadi units (nb jerusalem gets excluded from it so the can keep any they recruit.)
    minor adjustments to crusade and jihad targets.
    amended the character traits for merchants and other spawn characters so they have 50% less chance of acquiring traits when spawned
    and doubled turns needed for some merchant traits.
    removed duplicate jerusalem king death notification.
    added the hanseatic event_counter to EDB in addition to hansa hidden_resource requirement.

got as far T65 with the latest england test (until dreaded GUI bug struck again) - money was very tight for human player on very hard
    but just about playable.
    diplomacy was grim though - neutrals keep DoW and there's no way to get a ceasefire it seems.
    -

if that lot works OK I'll release as the test module with 4 govt buildings etc included.

seeing if the mission file edit works - all rewards now cash to avoid anomalies caused by RR AoR units.
    added spear militia to lowest level of castle barracks to replace removed peasants
    added crossbow militia to lowest level of town barracks
    minor edit to names file to remove "of_Bulgaria" as female first name.
    --
    thinking about the situation with mercenary units vis-a-vis AoR recruitment.
    which units should really be mercs, which are too faction specific to be AoR troops etc.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; September 13, 2010 at 08:30 AM.

still tweaking away - added crossbow militia to bottom two levels of town barracks
    and added archer militia for those factions who don't get crossbows.

have amended the Hungarian surnames after discussing with Fair Prince - the nembols are now history.

may need to nerf the rebels a little - playing as HRE I spent nearly 30 turns fighting them and hardly anyone else.
    and them with feudal knights, halberd militia and the like. grrrr.
    ------------

playng danes on medium - got to T74 before fatal graphics erorr trying to fight a battle in cairo.
    i'll try it again tomorrow.
    once i get to T100 I'll put all the files together for the Test Module.

have amended EDB to sort out english, scottish, danish and norwegian light cavalry - removed from AOR
    (other factions can't recruit them - home faction can recruit them anywhere but at reduced amounts outside home region.)
    added similar for a few other units.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; September 15, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

testing going fine - got to T120 without any problems playing as Danes on medium difficulty.
    money problems eased after a crusade army went on rampage through Jerusalem, Gaza, Damietta, Cairo before settling in Alexandria.
    gave Jerusalem to Crusaders, Damietta to Sicilians.

anyway by T120 Crusaders gone as are Hungary and Cumans. Turks about to go under.
    Moors holding on well, Byzantines currently destroying Poland.
    HRE ex-commed and suffering. Genoa expanding as ever.
    England reduced to 3 southern regions, Norway has Nottingham, Scots the rest.
    Venice has Venice. Still a few rebel strongholds holding out in Georgia etc.

Found a new problem though - I got Hanseatic league HQ in Roskilde before it was formed -
    need to add that condition to stop it happening again!

economies - some AI economies are stuck at 0.
    I might try introducing wall bonuses as per old RozMod for T100 onwards to boost AI income.

Ideas on nerfing byzantines welcome - perhaps they need more negative traits for their generals?
    Smaller units?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

testing going fine - got to T120 without any problems playing as Danes on medium difficulty.
    money problems eased after a crusade army went on rampage through Jerusalem, Gaza, Damietta, Cairo before settling in Alexandria.
    gave Jerusalem to Crusaders, Damietta to Sicilians.

anyway by T120 Crusaders gone as are Hungary and Cumans. Turks about to go under.
    Moors holding on well, Byzantines currently destroying Poland.
    HRE ex-commed and suffering. Genoa expanding as ever.
    England reduced to 3 southern regions, Norway has Nottingham, Scots the rest.
    Venice has Venice. Still a few rebel strongholds holding out in Georgia etc.

Found a new problem though - I got Hanseatic league HQ in Roskilde before it was formed -
    need to add that condition to stop it happening again!

economies - some AI economies are stuck at 0.
    I might try introducing wall bonuses as per old RozMod for T100 onwards to boost AI income.

Ideas on nerfing byzantines welcome - perhaps they need more negative traits for their generals?
    Smaller units?
    A. Byzantium Generals are basically 1 man armies. they need to at the very least up their fatigue factor even more.

B. By this period, the Thema system was in full decline , so maybe most of the Theme units need to be made more expensive and/or significantly smaller in pool size to balance it out.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

RW - interesting ideas there.
    I've not played directly against byzantines much - I suspect the autoresolve may help them, and having indestructable generals would also help them.
    (they probably get massive morale boosts when they have so many command stars?)
    I've introduced a limited degree of AoR to some of the easier units to change so they find recruiting them more difficult outside Byzantine hidden_resource area.
    (might have a look at shrinking that area ?)
    seeing as the byzantines used large numbers of mercs and local auxilliaries it would make sense to more severely limit their ability to recruit heavier units
    perhaps limit more to Constantinople? (include Adrianople and Nicaea in that zone?)
    --

I think I've got the Hanseatic League problem sorted - I've introduced a turn number condition in the guilds file so you shouldn't start getting points until after the league is started.
    as backup the EDB now requires the hanseatic league event as well.
    I've also edited Talinn to say Riga as per latest SS6.3 in the guild triggers section.

also in EDB made second lateran council condition for the recruitment for Lazarus Knights - the order didn't exist until 1142 and Lat2 is nearest event to use.

Civis

what ETA for this mod ?

No ETA - it'll be ready when it's ready.
    very much WiP - there's a lot of features which have yet to be folded into the mod, and other ideas still at the "well it might work" if I get time to write and test stage.
    I need to do another long test now to see if the Hanseatic league changes work.

once i can confirm that the appear to work I'll probably release the Mod as it is at that stage.

then it's wait for feedback, and working on other aspects of the mod, as well as keeping an eye on what's going on elsewhere to see if there's anything that
    can be incorporated that fits in with the Mod.

for example we will be implementing the new map changes for 1100AD, and the new names project.
    and any fixes that are easy to work into the mod (ie which don't simply say "use this file" - I need to know exactly what's in it to see if it is compatible or not.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

for example we will be implementing the new map changes for 1100AD
    Do you want me to give me the faction selection maps I made for the affected factions, or would you prefer to do that yourself?

Meneth:
    CC is redoing the main maps for the Mod - but new faction selection maps would be excellent -
    I don't think anyone has volunteered to do this.

very kind of you to offer.
    feel free to post here or on the other thread.

-------------------------

busy messing around still with various files - need to load everything up and test now to see if they work.
    still much to do with the EDB - still doing odd bits at random as i notice them so may be unbalanced for a while
    (the EDB that is )

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Meneth:
    CC is redoing the main maps for the Mod - but new faction selection maps would be excellent -
    I don't think anyone has volunteered to do this.

very kind of you to offer.
    feel free to post here or on the other thread.
    I've already made them for 2TP.
    I'll post them in the other thread once I've made a zip-file.

many thanks for that.

did a quick test with Aragon - aghhh - no fun at all, both Moors and Leon_Castile attacked me as soon as i took Zaragoza and Barcelona.
    managed some spectacular defenses of pamplona, but Zaragoza fell easily, barcelona had only a couple of units and pamplona had hardly nothing left to defend it.
    key is get alliance with leon-castile early on but they simply weren't interested.
    may need to look at faction standings.