Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Town and Castle RozMod for SS6.3 Beta released

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The Roz Mod for Stainless Steel 6.3

L69 - wilddog and others are working on trying to make the walls etc moddable but it will be ages before anyone can do anything usable.

so we're stuck with cities with 1 wall and the central plaza.

I think it might be possible to move the central plaza though - as we've done that for the new castle / forts and the ambient building "forts".

could make for some interesting battles if we can open up those corner "castles" in the city battle maps and place the plaza in there.

need to possibly re-do the pathfinding, and I've no idea how the AI would cope with it.

(meantime the new SS6.3 has just started beta testing - let's just say it looks weird after playing the RozMod for a few months.)

I had loads of fun when I tried your mod out for RR/RC...can't remember why I quit using it... I think it was because I wanted to try out Byg's Grim Reality stuff and I needed a clean SS install...anyways. Would I be able to use Byg's Grim Reality III with your mod when it comes out?
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

ACO - interesting question - I have no idea of the answer.

Once the main mod is done - I can check with Byg to see what needs to be done to make it compatible.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    SS6.3 is going to be a 1TPY Mod, so I'm not sure how the 2TPY will work, apart from just doubling various times, date/turn numbers etc.
    What about doubling replenishment rates and let the units be recruted in one turn.

Outstanding ideas, i hope you complete this.

SB - I'm more inclined to increase recruitment times as it slows down the rate at which the AI gets units (and therefore helps it economically.)

ALso slower recruitment should mean human players think more about what they're doing.

Depending on how long it takes for SS6.3 to get finalised, some of the RozMod may appear as an optional DL for SS6.3.
    But some parts of the Mod (as it stands currently) do need the SS6.3 to be finalised before it's worth incorporating them.

My PC with all files has just died so it may take a while before I can do anything anyway.

Depending on how long it takes for SS6.3 to get finalised, some of the RozMod may appear as an optional DL for SS6.3.
    Roz, does this mean we can expect a mini-RozMod shortly after the release of SS 6.3?
    I'm asking because I'd greatly appreciate a little but functioning 2TPY add-on, soon after it comes out (and I may not be the only one...)

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    SB - I'm more inclined to increase recruitment times as it slows down the rate at which the AI gets units (and therefore helps it economically.)
    Good idea.

ALso slower recruitment should mean human players think more about what they're doing.
    Nice but base the recrutment times on usefulness of the unit not on anything else,for example in RR i had to wait 3 truns on Venetian Infanty or 1 turn for Men at Arms.

But some parts of the Mod (as it stands currently) do need the SS6.3 to be finalised before it's worth incorporating them.
    Damn this mod is going to be a blast.

Sorry to hear your PC has died Roz

Yeah -was working in the morning -tried to turn it on in the afternoon - dead as a proverbial mauritian flightless bird.

Probably be next week before replacement PSU arrives -assuming that's the problem - no lights came on when tried to turn it on
    (but mains supply working and not a fuse problem.)
    I really hope it's not a dead Mobo!

Luckily have an old athlon 2500 which I can use for odds and ends but not playing SS6.2 etc.
    But all my files are on the dead machine - and the hard drives are incompatible.

Am discussing with gracul about what we could include as optional in SS6.3 and what would take longer.
    Lot depends on how long after finalising SS6.3's EDB and EDU it actually gets released.

Hopefully the 2TPY option will be available and the PSFs, plus a few odds and ends.
    (Then that will all need testing to make sure it installs properly and works as it should / debugging etc.)

What doesn't make the final cut (but which is currently working) shouldn't take too long - assuming my RSI can be kept under control-

and then after that there's a bundle of ideas I have - but I may decide to do something else instead.

(Like a wars of the roses mod for PKH or write a new game engine or summat!!!)

Hey Roz,don't exclude the Venetian Crusade in Byzantium and u should make the MONGOLS playable.Maybe Timurids also if u include a late era.

GH - Venetian Crusade seems impossible to get to work properly.
    is also too dependent on specific contingent events that historically may never have happened.
    Most byz players complain that every passing crusader army DoW on them anyway - so another crusade seems pointless.

Playable mongols in Early Era is a non-starter unless you want to mod it yourself

plz include the mongols!!!don't exclude the late era!!!mongols are my favourite faction and then comes byzantium!(I am a GREEK!)

Roz i wan't to help you but i am not good at moding.i've never done it before!

well this mod is currently only for early era.

(well will be if I ever get round to doing.)

will have to see about late era - need to get early era sorted first.

Can i do sth to help u?not only in words,but also in action

I want to help u with the mod Roz.Not only in words,but also in action!!!

lol.I posted almost the same! XD

Great ideas for this mod xD, cant wait to play it!

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

would it be possible to create an event whereby the mongols send an emmissary to the kwarz,either representative by an emmissariay model on the campaign map or via a pop up event asking for 'reparations' in the form of say something ridiculous like 60,000 florins after the shah excuted mongol emissiaries. historically, the shah refused (believing the mongols to be evidently a second rate power) and thus a mongol invasion began, resulting in the destruction of the kwarz in 1220 even though they formally survived for another decade only in title

-just to add a bit more of a roleplaying element in the early campaign to represent the break down in relations between the two factions instead of the mongols just going on the rampage

-it would also give the player incentive to develop their faction in preparation for such event either economically to avoid the horde (if you chose to pay reperations perhaps the horde could spawn primarily in the north instead of outside the kwarz capital) offering an alternative to just trying to create stack upon stack of troops.
    Last edited by Lemming69; June 07, 2010 at 09:10 AM.

I can't leave without the mongols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!