Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Town and Castle RozMod for SS6.3 Beta released

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The Roz Mod for Stainless Steel 6.3

Have Dl'd SS6.3 and installed and played 20 turns early era.

Plenty of scope for RozMod changes -and probably many more.

If anyone wants to help - you could go through the existing mod and check a few things out:
    eg: locations for forts - are there any that need changing.
    (There's one new region in southern Russia and one fewer in ireland that may need to be taken into account.)

Also if, having played SS6.3, you spot any thing that can easily incorporated into RozMod do shout.

looks like modding SS6.3 might be a tad awkward - 2 TPY needs more work than before.
    notice someone has already removed princess notifications - something I'll definitely do as well.

If people spot any obvious things to mod to add to RozMod let me know.

(From what I'm reading the number of possible campaign scripts that people can have is going to make it a pain to mod -
    the RozMod will have to standardize on a single combination to avoid trying to have any particular combination.)
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 04, 2010 at 07:42 PM.

Just asking if you have figured out if your mod is going to be a bigger problem than what you expected with 6.3. I really have not played any other way in quite some time, so just a check in to see whats happening in this period of RozMod purgatory.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 06, 2010 at 01:53 AM.

umm - still trying to work out the best way to implement the RozMod.
    and playing SS6.3 for a while to get a flavour of how it needs changing.

the rebel armies, mercs, AoR changes in RozMod all need to be checked against what's in SS6.3 to see how much needs changing.

be a long while yet - although I could release bits as I sort them out.
    meanwhile people are bringing out various sub-mods to implement some changes I'd want to do as standard:
    remove princess / FL death notifications, camp sackings etc.

Tiro

The ratio of settlements to generals is not good in Stainless Steel 6.3 I know its hard coded but i would want that somehow more children be born without/with wedlock so that faction bloodline continues..

In case you are planning to make a mod please keep this topic in mind that if there are not enough family members then how can the faction continue to exist and plus i wish there was a button that would force generals to produce more babies like or get them married according to our will... is there no feature in Medieval 2 Total War that would allow us to make children i.e to get generals married .. at least if not possible then to make sure that the faction heir has a child so the royal bloodline continues..

One more thing.. in stainless steel 6.2 RR/RC if you get you faction heir married to another faction's princess then the children have a chance of getting traits like Leonese relations which would give you something like increased piety or something... why is that feature disabled here....

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    The ratio of settlements to generals is not good in Stainless Steel 6.3 I know its hard coded but i would want that somehow more children be born without/with wedlock so that faction bloodline continues..

In case you are planning to make a mod please keep this topic in mind that if there are not enough family members then how can the faction continue to exist and plus i wish there was a button that would force generals to produce more babies like or get them married according to our will... is there no feature in Medieval 2 Total War that would allow us to make children i.e to get generals married .. at least if not possible then to make sure that the faction heir has a child so the royal bloodline continues..

One more thing.. in stainless steel 6.2 RR/RC if you get you faction heir married to another faction's princess then the children have a chance of getting traits like Leonese relations which would give you something like increased piety or something... why is that feature disabled here....
    I agree here, I had 60 years go by(playing as Scotland) with no children and I was forced to adopt my entire royal family. I wish something could be done. I have never seen this before.

@Roz- Hope things are going well, read back some in the thread and saw the news about your computer, that stinks. I wish I could help with your mod, but I know so little about modding and would never have the time currently.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 06, 2010 at 12:18 PM.

as far as I know the number of family members is hard-coded, apart from the section of the campaign script that adds family members if there are less than 4 heirs.

with 2TPY instead of 1 it's possible that FMs would have twice as many turns in which to have children, which MIGHT increase the number they produce.
    as a rule keep FMs at home if you want children (?)
    ---

OK I'm dipping my toes into modding SS6.3.
    I'll do this one or two files at a time to begin with, so nothing drastic.
    The RozMod will have the 2TPY and looking at the EDB I can see we'll need to seriously nerf the population growth to make it reasonable.
    Having said that the sett mech also needs attention - as human player I was getting 5% pop growth per turn for edinburgh in T17.
    which is way too much.

for now an amended EDB which removes pop growth bonuses for the ai, shifts trade bonuses away from walls to buildings, rationalises the various levels etc.
    treat as test module for early era - you'll need to restart campaign.
    (I've added the sett mech from the old RozMod to see if that slows down growth)
    extract into the SS6.3 folder and let me know how you get on.

changes
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;slower growth test module by Roz
    ;remove all population growth bonuses
    ;remove trade bonuses from wooden walls
    ;lower trade bonuses for stone walls
    ;lower trade bonuses for ports for ai
    ;higher trade bonuses for warehouses for human player
    ;adjusted market trade bonuses to give steady growth for both human player and ai
    ;adjusted roads trade bonuses to give steady growth for both human player and ai
    ;adjusted mines trade bonuses between castles and towns to give steady growth for both human player and ai
    ;removed pope disapproval for building catholic churches
    ;added trade bonuses for inns, taverns etc for both human player and ai

Attachment 102151
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 07, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    as far as I know the number of family members is hard-coded, apart from the section of the campaign script that adds family members if there are less than 4 heirs.

with 2TPY instead of 1 it's possible that FMs would have twice as many turns in which to have children, which MIGHT increase the number they produce.
    as a rule keep FMs at home if you want children (?)
    ---

OK I'm dipping my toes into modding SS6.3.
    I'll do this one or two files at a time to begin with, so nothing drastic.
    The RozMod will have the 2TPY and looking at the EDB I can see we'll need to seriously nerf the population growth to make it reasonable.
    Having said that the sett mech also needs attention - as human player I was getting 5% pop growth per turn for edinburgh in T17.
    which is way too much.

for now an amended EDB which removes pop growth bonuses for the ai, shifts trade bonuses away from walls to buildings, rationalises the various levels etc.
    treat as test module for early era - you'll need to restart campaign.
    (I've added the sett mech from the old RozMod to see if that slows down growth)
    extract into the SS6.3 folder and let me know how you get on.

changes
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;slower growth test module by Roz
    ;remove all population growth bonuses
    ;remove trade bonuses from wooden walls
    ;lower trade bonuses for stone walls
    ;lower trade bonuses for ports for ai
    ;higher trade bonuses for warehouses for human player
    ;adjusted market trade bonuses to give steady growth for both human player and ai
    ;adjusted roads trade bonuses to give steady growth for both human player and ai
    ;adjusted mines trade bonuses between castles and towns to give steady growth for both human player and ai
    ;removed pope disapproval for building catholic churches
    ;added trade bonuses for inns, taverns etc for both human player and ai

Attachment 102151
    So we just extract the zip file and test correct? Can we combine this with the current 2tpy mini mod with 0.5 aging?

Great to see your doing some testing, I love the all cities part of your mod!

the test module just has a replacement EDB and sett mech file.

Note if you're playing with RR off it doesn't solve the problems with that.

from first impressions the sett mech is too generous with the money, population growth still about the same. so work to be done there!

I haven't started work on the all towns aspect yet, mainly due waiting for fixes for all the problems in SS6.3.
    no point in modding files too much if they're going to be replaced.
    ------------------------

here's an edited sett mech with the previous EDB.
    cuts income and population from farms.

Attachment 102183
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 07, 2010 at 06:47 PM.

Hey Roz i have been looking around the sub mods forum and id like to congratulate you on this... The two things i disliked about SS well mainly 6.3 is that the generals age way to fast with the one year per turn and that there are no stone forts, so good luck on this and im looking forward to the release!

I am eagerly awaiting this epic release, should provide thousands of hours of entertaining.

Best of luck and best speed.
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

So only cities and permanent stone forts...not a bad idea. So recruitment is only going to happen in cities so they become more valuebale. Permanent stone forts will replace castles if i am right, so this means you'll be making room for more new settlements to occur on the campaign map am i right??? Because the regions with a castle become available....

dominion - same number of settlements/regions, just they are all towns.
    most regions also get on average a 1 PSF, so approx twice as many buildings to fight over.

with the problems of SS6.3 I'm not rushing into getting this out, hopefully people will sort out the major issues soon and we can get on with creating sub-mods.
    (It's likely I'll fix it at Savage CAI, no perm arrows, RR enabled (or rather a heavily modified RR - probably MORE restrictive than already.
    There will be no ahistorical recruitment in this mod.)

Sorry had the wrong impression, i thought make castles cities (more cities next to the availble ones) and add forts on strategic locations. With the forts you can even work with level 1 wooden fort and upgrade to level 2 stone fort...but that's just an idea. Yeah too much bugs in ss6.3 for the moment but it's getting better. Good luck with the mod
    Last edited by dominion; August 08, 2010 at 05:08 PM.

just a few questions... When is the estimated release date and how many turns will the campain or campaigns be? thanks in advance

iamsawyer - no idea when the project will be finished.
    at the moment I'm just picking out a few minor issues that I think I can sort out to my liking.

I am minded to remove the slave merchant no movement trait and triggers and to reduce the old merchant t/t penalties.
    again as RozMod aims to be 2TPY those will need amending anyway as merchants will live for twice as many turns.

I'll not do anything to the campaign script until that known issues are sorted out.

Anyway having tested test module 2 I looks like it does a better job than TM1 in cutting income and population growth.
    will take a long time to say definitely how well it works - may be better for some factions than others.

am also minded to equalise kings purse for all factions in descr_strat.

(Noticed in SS6.3 that the wooden forts on the campaign map turn into stone ones on battle maps.
    looking at files there are 2 northern european forts and 2 middle eastern.)

which ai will this be running off of or will it we just run the one we want?

I use savage AI but all three AI folders have the same 3 files (different versions but same name.)
    so you should be able to run the mod with any of them - you might even be able to mix'n'match if you want to experiment.

any character traits will next file to get to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    I use savage AI but all three AI folders have the same 3 files (different versions but same name.)
    so you should be able to run the mod with any of them - you might even be able to mix'n'match if you want to experiment.

any character traits will next file to get to work on.
    Trying out test module 2 files today

Do you have anything in particular that you think I should mention with regurads to progression, just trying to be of assistance I suppose.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 09, 2010 at 09:08 AM.

stevehoos - at this stage just need to know what faction you're playing, difficulty.
    then population growth % for towns and castles (the RozMod will remove castles eventually but not yet.)
    and whether you treasury is expanding every turn or is shrinking (can depend on mercs recruited etc) so any factors that affect the money.
    save after 20 / 25 turns played as SS6.3 seems to become unstable after about 30 turns (seems random - may depend on variety of factors)

eventually we'll need to play out to T200 and beyond but that can wait for now.

PS thanx for offer of assistance!
    ---
    changed the character traits so slave merchants can move - didn't notice any adverse effects - so far
    (did notice some went off from start position to take advantage of more lucrative resources.)

next up an adjustment to MP reduction with age.
    and any other issues I spot.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 09, 2010 at 02:49 PM.

2TPY VH/H Scotland turn 25, permanent arrows, Savage AI: faction purse $11,400

These turns look good from what I remember about the mod form 6.2

Edinburgh- population growth 4.0% (Low taxe rate), population 7,397, income $1,793

Aberdeen- population growth 2.5%(normal tax rate), population 1,956, income $944

Inverness- population growth 1.5%, population, 1,429, income $627

These look good from what I remember about the mod form 6.2

@ROZ - Do you know why the children were removed from Scottland's family tree for 6.3? It makes keeping an heir bloodline an arduous task that was not always easy before.

Also on the ROZ 6.2 version, I had a crash when trying to fight a battle in the fort on Scotland's west coast. Not sure if I missed an update with that issue or not, its irrelavent at this point, but thought I would mention it in case you are using the same files for 6.3

Good luck with stuff
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 10, 2010 at 01:46 AM.