Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Town and Castle RozMod for SS6.3 Beta released

Default Re: The Roz Mod for Stainless Steel 6.3

i dont know if this will help but i played a venice campaign and when i captured milan it didnt have the usal 9 percent population increse after extermination... it was only at 4.5 on normal tax rate.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I've been testing Norway - discovered that their King is "Greedy" so you get a tax bonus but with negative side-effects.
    I've been trying to kill him off to see what happens but he's a tough old soldier!
    money is tight but I've got oslo, nyekoeping, uppsala, visby under my control so expansion is OK.

No idea about the Scottish children - my princess managed to snag Gregory Darnley in Exeter.
    I'll have to check who were the historical children - I do know that the English king Henry I was married to Ethel (Matilda) daughter of the previous Scottish king so the England and scotland should be allied.
    (The large scale wars didn't start until 200 years later, so that would be appropriate. )

Ah - King Edgar died in 1107 unmarried and childless - which explains lack of children.
    It is historically accurate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    I've been testing Norway - discovered that their King is "Greedy" so you get a tax bonus but with negative side-effects.
    I've been trying to kill him off to see what happens but he's a tough old soldier!
    money is tight but I've got oslo, nyekoeping, uppsala, visby under my control so expansion is OK.

No idea about the Scottish children - my princess managed to snag Gregory Darnley in Exeter.
    I'll have to check who were the historical children - I do know that the English king Henry I was married to Ethel (Matilda) daughter of the previous Scottish king so the England and scotland should be allied.
    (The large scale wars didn't start until 200 years later, so that would be appropriate. )

Ah - King Edgar died in 1107 unmarried and childless - which explains lack of children.
    It is historically accurate!!
    Yep I just looked that up(1107 unmarried/childless) I guess I could edit his infertile trait to help just to a touch, I guess I will have to play and hope for the best.

I am quite particular about blood lines on this game because I have Malcolm the 3 in my family geneology chart, wish I had been born on the male side of that family lineage a few hundred years ago, because I would have been in contention for ownership of Culzean castle on the west coast of Scotland. Today the castle is owned by the Scotland Trust fund, so theres no hope of chasing down a distant relaitve and asking for money

Word is though, this humble abode is haunted.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 10, 2010 at 09:57 AM.

I have family lineage from west coast of Scotland too (Oban area so I'm told - really must do more family history!!)
    - but I don't think I'm in line to inherit anything.
    --------------------------------------------------

Herewith Test Module 3.
    Attachment 102808

contains files from TM2 plus

descr_campaign_db.xml with building forts disabled, destroying forts disabled, and keeping rebel garrisons on until T20.
    PLUS it has all the available parameters you can change unlike existing SS6.3 version.

descr_character_traits.txt with slave movement restriction trait and trigger removed and merchant ageing MP hit reduced.

(Best if you create original files folder and put the original files from SS6.3 in there before extracting these into the early campaign folder.)

-------------
    next up I'd better sort out the merc and rebel ships issue.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 11, 2010 at 12:00 PM.

I have family lineage from west coast of Scotland too (Oban area so I'm told - really must do more family history!!)
    - but I don't think I'm in line to inherit anything.
    --------------------------------------------------

Herewith Test Module 3.
    Attachment 102808

contains files from TM2 plus

descr_campaign_db.xml with building forts disabled, destroying forts disabled, and keeping rebel garrisons on until T20.
    PLUS it has all the available parameters you can change unlike existing SS6.3 version.

descr_character_traits.txt with slave movement restriction trait and trigger removed and merchant ageing MP hit reduced.

(Best if you create original files folder and put the original files from SS6.3 in there before extracting these into the early campaign folder.)

-------------
    next up I'd better sort out the merc and rebel ships issue.
    Great, I am going a test this one out tonight,
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 11, 2010 at 11:28 PM.

Tiro

How many days more for your mod to get released???

@neha123- It could be awhile before Roz gets his mod out, there has to be a patch to fix some of the known bugs in 6.3 first.

neha123 - it's going to take a long while to get this Mod finalised for SS6.3.

atm I'm just changing a few files here and there and seeing how that affects the game.

A large chunk of the RozMod has interdependent files and can't be tested individually.

If you want to see how RozMod works you can always DL SS6.1 plus the Oct2009 RC/RR plus RozMod for RC/RR 07.70 and 0.71 patch.
    (and even that was never finalised!)
    -----------------------------------------------------

OK testing the TM3 version - seems to work OK.
    T71 saw first dead faction -crusaders - overcome by fatimid spam. (fatimids also took constantinople.)
    (nb I destroyed Cairo, Damietta and Alexandria on a crusader rampage and made little difference to fatimids.)
    elsewhere I'm playing Norway - just captured Vilnius on crusade with help from Portuguese allies.

Hungary, Venice, Moors and Scotland all down to their last 1/2 settlements.
    Still 10 rebel settlements - most well defended.

found a couple of papal ships in a tiny lake between Pisa and Rome - annoying as would have to remove merc ships from both region to stop it happening.
    lack of forts doesn't seem deleterious to AI (temp ones of course!!)

economy is tight - have to juggle generals around to keep towns and castles growing without hitting the income too much.
    Had 60,000 after the Egyptian sackings -all gone within 10 turns!
    (crusader general took ages to get home - and I invaded ireland and took Dublin.)

update:
    -------------------------------------------------

testing TM4 - will release when i'm happy with it.
    trying to squash all the mercs and pirates in lakes.
    it means removing certain coastal provinces from groups of regions with ships.

I think I've got them all sorted apart from the Novogorod one - I think there must be a third region that borders on the lake apart from Nov and Polotsk.
    Yes Smolensk just about touches the lake BUT all three have no_pirates hidden_resource AND are in regions where no merc ships can be recruited.
    I'm wondering if no_pirates actually works as well as it should.

Next I'll have a look at rebel armies to improve their composition - tone down the French rebels as France can't get started until that's done.

other than that I think Fatimid and Byzantine replenishment rates need nerfing as they are spamming armies beyond what they should.
    English doing well (usually) invading ireland and expanding into France / Low Countries and Scotland
    (although they get ex-commed regularly - but with 1 TPY popes die more frequently so they get away with it more.)

suggestions for rebel army improvements and any lake ships needing removal below!
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 15, 2010 at 06:34 AM.

I used part of Phillip's 2tpy mod to test this out then used your test file 3 as an overwrite - not sure if that messed anythig up, it appears to work fine-

The Fatamids certainly seem a bit over powered- they have taken over half of the world, they are on their way to Byzantium.

Crusader States vanquished in turn 60 by - The Fatamids

England did seem to be in trouble with the pope failrly consistently in my test

I found it very difficult to keep out of the basement finnacially with Scotland even whilst occupying Bruge, London, Edinburgh among others.

England has had a ruff go of it- I have allied France, Norway( for the time being) and the Holy Roman Empire. The English have a front in the north of Britannia, and in the south as I have taken London, and another front in western Europe in which they face isolation combined with dire uncertainty. France and I will do them in shortyly if all goes as plannned.

Norway has landed big armies around aberdeen, glad I have them on my better side, as I was not prepared for such occurances.

France seemed to do okay- no great expansion, but no loss of territories either.

The all towns aspect to me just has a better feeling of realism in my opinion, plus the stone forts enable one to have some more free upkeep units, I don't think I will ever go back at this point.

I had some epic battles with England in the fort south of Edinburgh with ROZ 6.2 mod.

Just wish there was a way to get the AI to occupy forts like the do their cities, they will sure send an army to take a fort however.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 15, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

nerfing the Fatimids will have to wait until I get the alltowns working as it requires substantial work on the EDB.

compared to even the old RozMod money seems a lot tighter - which is no bad thing.
    I don't know how much is the set mech + EDB changes and the campaign script.

I'll equalise the kings Purse and scripted bonuses in due course.
    also bring in the extra plague from the old RozMod.

Savage AI seems OK but could do with a more aggressive CAI for rebels - I managed to grab rebel Toulouse (defended with a half-stack) and a full-stack next door
    as the full-stack moved round behind me but did not attack.
    so I grabbed the castle then sallied forth on the following turn to take out the full rebel stack.
    Couldn't have beaten the two working together.

OK for those who want to do some testing here's Test Module 4.

Attachment 103519

This has changes to descr_mercenaries.txt; descr_regions.txt and descr_disasters.txt that you'll find in the world/maps/ base and campaign folders.
    as usual copy the original files into folders marked "original files".
    delete map.rwm
    and restart the PC.

that should ensure you're testing the right version.
    (assuming I've put the right versions in the folder!!)

I had a play with Portugal up to turn 31, with no hiccups and no errors flagged in the system.log.

There remains the possibility that some errant ships might turn up in lakes - if they do let me know so requisite changes can be made.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I can't really do much to implement the 2 TPY /all towns / PSFs until the 6.3.1 bugfix is released.
    But I can test the relevant locations (there's a new region) and other regions have had their names changed.
    also some fort locations may be used by watchtowers or resources so much to check.

OK for those who want to do some testing here's Test Module 4.

Attachment 103519

This has changes to descr_mercenaries.txt; descr_regions.txt and descr_disasters.txt that you'll find in the world/maps/ base and campaign folders.
    as usual copy the original files into folders marked "original files".
    delete map.rwm
    and restart the PC.

that should ensure you're testing the right version.
    (assuming I've put the right versions in the folder!!)

I had a play with Portugal up to turn 31, with no hiccups and no errors flagged in the system.log.

There remains the possibility that some errant ships might turn up in lakes - if they do let me know so requisite changes can be made.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I can't really do much to implement the 2 TPY /all towns / PSFs until the 6.3.1 bugfix is released.
    But I can test the relevant locations (there's a new region) and other regions have had their names changed.
    also some fort locations may be used by watchtowers or resources so much to check.
    Testing tonight:

crosses fingers!
    -----------------------------
    update:
    -------

have started the tedious process of placing all the perm forts on the strat map.
    have to check the location of every single one as gracul has placed watchtowers on or near some of the locations.
    have managed england and hre so far - only another 150 to do!
    (have to delete map.rwm after every change to descr_strat.)
    =======

curses - missed the no_pirates for Esztergom (Hungary) - have added to descr_regions.

forts also now done for scotland, turks, lithuania, denmark, norway, france.
    have standardised start denarii and kings_purse to 10,000 and 3,000 _ may change latter to 2500 when 2TPY sorted.
    not looked at difficulty bonuses yet in campaign script.
    (not really looked at campaigns script full stop!)
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 18, 2010 at 01:05 PM.

How is it going Roz? Smoothly or some minor problems or some big problems.

coming along slowly.
    I'm doing all approx 170 forts a bunch at a time.
    I then check one of the factions I've just done to see how it plays.
    Not putting any garrisons in the descr_strat this time to save further complications.
    I can see changes I want to do the descr_strat - but as it will eventually be all towns anyway, there's not much point.
    I've added free upkeep for forts - 5 units.
    I'll probably cut a few of the opening garrisons as they put added pressure on the AI finances.
    (They also seem designed to make for particular outcomes - give certain factions added chances to capture rebel settlements early on,
    which I don't like.)
    I've slashed the slave faction start money, but bumped its annual kings_purse.
    also slashed the HRE start money (they start with twice what any other faction gets.)
    ------------
    I can't do too much at a time due to my RSI but hope to have the fort locations fixed by the start of next week
    (although i have someone visiting who'll probably need entertaining - and he has no interest in computer games.)
    -----------
    will release the next major module with all the fort files and amended descr_strat at the same time.
    Will be a big Test module!!

Rozanov;
    (They also seem designed to make for particular outcomes - give certain factions added chances to capture rebel settlements early on,
    which I don't like.)

About this point i had a feeling this could happen.

coming along slowly.
    I'm doing all approx 170 forts a bunch at a time.
    I then check one of the factions I've just done to see how it plays.
    Not putting any garrisons in the descr_strat this time to save further complications.
    I can see changes I want to do the descr_strat - but as it will eventually be all towns anyway, there's not much point.
    I've added free upkeep for forts - 5 units.
    I'll probably cut a few of the opening garrisons as they put added pressure on the AI finances.
    which I don't like.)
    I've slashed the slave faction start money, but bumped its annual kings_purse.
    also slashed the HRE start money (they start with twice what any other faction gets.)
    ------------
    I can't do too much at a time due to my RSI but hope to have the fort locations fixed by the start of next week
    (although i have someone visiting who'll probably need entertaining - and he has no interest in computer games.)
    -----------
    will release the next major module with all the fort files and amended descr_strat at the same time.
    Will be a big Test module!!

Great can't wait for the test module long live all towns!

@stevehoos; you did some testing already....how did it go untill now?

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    @stevehoos; you did some testing already....how did it go untill now?
    Seems pretty good with the tests I did, especially in test module 4. I guess I will test some more and look around for stranded ships in lakes, as that seems to be a problem with 6.3.

Yeah, but those stranded ships have always been a problem in my mod games....altough in 6.3 it seems worse (in lakes i have most of the time turkish and hungarian ships).