Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Town and Castle RozMod for SS6.3 Beta released

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The Roz Mod for Stainless Steel 6.3

have now done the egyptians and moors, moved a couple of watchtowers and resources where they were in the way

I'm about 30% done now.

next up the Christian Iberians and the crusaders.

Moving the mercenary regions around I've squashed most of the faction ships in lakes.
    I'm hoping I've also got all the pirates, but haven't played a faction long enough (T200) to see if that's correct.

The all towns won't happen until gracul brings out the 6.3.1 patch.
    (and then not for a while as I have to totally redo the EDB - although it's just possible I'll be able to use the old RozMod one with minor changes.)
    I'll bung in the 4 govt buildings and the Mongol rocket workshop too.)
    --------------

An idea - 4 turns per year with disbanding militia and levy troops every winter turn?

An idea - 4 turns per year with disbanding militia and levy troops every winter turn?
    Militia certainly not, levy troops would be acceptable. But that's just my opinion.

Question Roz: Do you know how to give names to forts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    have now done the egyptians and moors, moved a couple of watchtowers and resources where they were in the way

I'm about 30% done now.

next up the Christian Iberians and the crusaders.

Moving the mercenary regions around I've squashed most of the faction ships in lakes.
    I'm hoping I've also got all the pirates, but haven't played a faction long enough (T200) to see if that's correct.

The all towns won't happen until gracul brings out the 6.3.1 patch.
    (and then not for a while as I have to totally redo the EDB - although it's just possible I'll be able to use the old RozMod one with minor changes.)
    I'll bung in the 4 govt buildings and the Mongol rocket workshop too.)
    --------------

-So to test what your talking above with the pirate ships, go past turn 200 and look around for stranded pirate ships?

-Good to see the four new buildings making their return.

-The new Lion Rampart Scottish roster update along with this mod will be great.

-I hope Gracul's new patch fixes some of the CTDs in battles, got stuck in one crucial battle that simply crashed at the end everytime, I must have tried 5 times to see if it would work- to no avail. I will certainly not bug Gracul about the patch.

Question Roz: Do you know how to give names to forts?
    apparently it can be done using an invisible agent from an unused faction who you plonk in the fort at start-up.
    check in the M2TW Mod Workshop http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post7654779

as the forts don't necessarily match any real-world counterparts, naming isn't really an issue.
    ------------------------

added the xtian iberians and crusader castles plus cumans and khwarezm - nearly half way there.

------------------------

doing basic 2TPY - without traits etc.

seems OK.

only need to put the rebel forts in now.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 20, 2010 at 12:16 PM.

Great progress Roz.
    But will the AI attack forts,i mean will it not bypass them...or isn't that an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Great progress Roz.
    But will the AI attack forts,i mean will it not bypass them...or isn't that an issue?
    Yeah, the AI attacks forts in the same way it does towns.

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

Sounds cool, I might try this when it comes out while I'm waiting for the new RC/RR compilation for 6.3.

One thing I have noticed about forts though when using BGR supply traits, which is pretty much the only BGR I use, is that the traits do not replenish inside forts, is there a way you could change that?
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Coming Soon ..
    All settlements represented by towns and cities, with a single line of barracks, missile buildings and stables from which all current units can be recruited.
    Does it mean archery ranges and stables be available in towns?
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia Auxilia View Post
    Does it mean archery ranges and stables be available in towns?

Yep

Roz, this sounds like a very cool and interesting mega mod.
    hope you progress well and when ready to do some testing I will download right away.
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Yep
    Oh! Then castles should have other features like EXP. bonus or larger pool for recruitment.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Oh! Then castles should have other features like EXP. bonus or larger pool for recruitment.
    I don't believe there are castles, although I may be mistaken. All settlements are represented by towns and cities, no castles.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

From the first post:

All settlements represented by towns and cities, with a single line of barracks, missile buildings and stables from which all current units can be recruited.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

What? Castles will be gone?
    Without castles M2TW will be non-sense.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

No castles, all castles will be towns and cities. But there will be a lot of PSF on the map.
    I heard Roz say there are going to be new buildings and i believe (altough not sure) to recruit the same units in cities as in castles you're going to have to build 2x more buildings as f.e. barracks in cities.

I heard Roz say there are going to be new buildings and I believe (altough not sure) to recruit the same units in cities as in castles you're going to have to build 2x more buildings as f.e. barracks in cities.
    I'm still testing but have all the PSFs on the map now.
    have very elementary 2 turns per year included but a lot of work on traits, guilds etc needed.

Once the all towns elemnet is finished cities will get 1 set of barracks, stables and ranges - all infantry comes from barracks, all missile from ranges and cavalry from stables.
    (missile cavalry comes from stables.)

no units come from walls or guilds (all incorporated into b/r/s/)

sadly the full EDB for all towns will have to wait until the 6.3.1 patch is released - I don't fancy doing that twice.

should release the next Test Module early next week once I'm happy I've got all the necessary files for all the forts to work.

(be interesting to see how perm forts work with the normal towns and castles scenario.)

Wow roz, personally i find your progress is going fast...suppose it depends on the problems that comes with it

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah Roz, this is coming along fast! (If I did this project, it would be done in a few years, at the quickest!)

Almost feels like going back to MTW 1. Forts and cities on the same region, the fort would be like the castle (Although you can only recruit mercs...)

Can't wait to see it finished! Although I must ask, what would be this mods "mission statement" or main purpose? Just curious.

well the original RozMod was done some time ago as a sub-mod for the October 2009 RC/RR compilation.
    so much of the work is done - i just need to make sure it works with SS6.3

just had a fort battle to test things and it seems OK.

so next test module should be out very soon.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Seriously dude read the first post.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team