Thread: How to create a new accent

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Libertus

Default Re: How to create a new accent

I can not get the eastern european accent away from my mongol/silvan troops. I even installed the new elven accent pack and wiped my voice data in favor of new. I am trying to figure out if somehow my original MWII Kingdom files are corrupted? Here is my accent file:
    accent English
    factions turks, scotland, milan, sicily, normans, saxons, teutonic_order, slave
    accent Scottish
    factions moors
    accent French
    factions
    accent German
    factions england, hre, france, papal_states
    accent Mediterranean
    factions byzantium
    accent East_European
    factions russia, poland, hungary, denmark
    accent Arabic
    factions spain, venice
    accent Mongolian
    factions timurids, aztecs
    accent Quenya
    factions egypt, portugal
    accent Sindarin
    factions mongols

I noticed the Quenya is not being spoken either. I have my own mod which blended FROME and Vale of Anduin but somehow messed up the Silvan Elves (mongols) sound.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tirane View Post
    I can not get the eastern european accent away from my mongol/silvan troops. I even installed the new elven accent pack and wiped my voice data in favor of new.
    You're sure you've started a new campaign and did not load any savegame?

I am trying to figure out if somehow my original MWII Kingdom files are corrupted?
    Highly unlikely!

Here is my accent file:
    accent English
    factions turks, scotland, milan, sicily, normans, saxons, teutonic_order, slave
    accent Scottish
    factions moors
    accent French
    factions
    accent German
    factions england, hre, france, papal_states
    accent Mediterranean
    factions byzantium
    accent East_European
    factions russia, poland, hungary, denmark
    accent Arabic
    factions spain, venice
    accent Mongolian
    factions timurids, aztecs
    accent Quenya
    factions egypt, portugal
    accent Sindarin
    factions mongols
    Remove accents that have no faction assigned and make sure the accent file has a last blank line without any spaces or tabs.

I noticed the Quenya is not being spoken either. I have my own mod which blended FROME and Vale of Anduin but somehow messed up the Silvan Elves (mongols) sound.
    Well, make sure that all accents exist in all the seven files.
    Make sure that the accents you've assigned to the factions have the new units assigned in the export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt. Each unit needs its entry in the specific accent.
    There's a lot you can mess up by merging mods

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Libertus

I look back and notice the problem began when I downloaded and played the DAC (Divide and Conquer) submod. I never used any of it's files and can't see how one submod would effect the other.
    In my above example should I eliminate the accent French entirely as it has no factions assigned?

Also does every unit in my EDU need a seperate entry in export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt? I see alot of vanilla units not on there that I think just enter by class of unit rather than "GONDOR SPEARMEN" they just say "SPEARMEN" when unit is selected.

My problems have been on the STRAT MAP only which I don't think this file effects.
    Last edited by tirane; April 28, 2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: more info

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

I look back and notice the problem began when I downloaded and played the DAC (Divide and Conquer) submod. I never used any of it's files and can't see how one submod would effect the other.
    My line was adressed at the merging of VoA and FRoME. I assume you've installed DaC to another installation of TA then your merging project, have you?

In my above example should I eliminate the accent French entirely as it has no factions assigned?
    Normally it doesn't matter whether or not you have accent entries in the descr_sound_accent.txt with no factions assigned, as long as you make sure that these accents exist in the other six sound files.

Also does every unit in my EDU need a seperate entry in export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt? I see alot of vanilla units not on there that I think just enter by class of unit rather than "GONDOR SPEARMEN" they just say "SPEARMEN" when unit is selected.
    If you want them to have their individual sound, you've to include every unit, you can adress them via class (heavy, light, cavalry) two, of course, but this means that you've the same sounds played for every unit of these clases, hence f.e. all units classed as heavy in the edu will use the same set of voices.

My problems have been on the STRAT MAP only which I don't think this file effects.
    If you've a strat map only problem, then the error most definitely is in the export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt.
    It can be anything from a wrong entry to a typo or, sometimes a format error you can't track or clean but using your backup file and doing all the changes again. Just doublecheck the export_descr_sounds_stramap_voice.txt. And, of course, make sure that you've only used .mp3 formated soundfiles for the stratmap, placed them in the correct folder data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized\Camp_map and that the soundentries end with .mp3 .
    Last edited by Aikanár; April 28, 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.