Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77127152167168169170171172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 3541

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - General Discussion & Progress

Missing your previews on facebook, mates Hope everything is going well, and not just modding-wise.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Not to worry, work continues on the campaign.

Here is some more previews https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-Preview/page3

It's actually going great. Jurcek has done an amazing job, i'm currently testing the late campaign and it's a blast. We just need to refine it a bit before release, there's some missing things here and there but overall i'm really amazed at how fast a completely new campaign has come to life, and how well it's been done

I found some interesting scripts in the Broken Crescent - Buff and Shine submod, which would also be good in Tsardoms:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220828171023_1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	368266

Name:	20220828170957_1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	368267

Name:	20220828171056_1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	368268
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Yeah they look great. Especially keen on the Civil war mechanic. We really need something like that. The issue is finding the manpower to do it. Jurcek is already super busy so i don't think we have the bandwidth

hi what requirements for ottoman general to get beylerbey of rumelia and anatolia ancillary ? cuz i already put 2 of my general in bursa and edirne, but they didn't get that ancillary.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Beylerbey of Anatolia - requires Angora (1 turn)
    Sanjakbey of Saruhan (Manisa)
    Sanjakbey of Kütahya (Kutahya)
    Sanjakbey of Aydin (Guzelhisar)
    Sanjakbey of Teke (Adalia)
    Sanjakbey of Kara Hissar (Kara Hissar)
    Sanjakbey of Sultamonu (Eskisehir)
    Sanjakbey of Koceali (Iznikmid)
    Sanjakbey of Bolu (Bolu)
    Sanjakbey of Kastamonu (Kastamonu)
    Sanjakbey of Kangri (Kangri)
    Sanjakbey of Angora (Angora)
    Sanjakbey of Alaiye (Alaiye)
    Sanjakbey of Karasi (Balik Hisar)
    Sanjakbey of Biga (Pegai)
    Sanjakbey of Bursa (Bursa)

Beylerbey of Rumelia - requires Adrianople (1 turn)
    Sanjakbey of Edirne (Adrianople)
    Sanjakbey of Gelibolu (Kallipolis)
    Sanjakbey of Dimetoka (Didymoteichon)
    Sanjakbey of Vize (Raidestos)
    Sanjakbey of Kavala (Christoupolis)
    Sanjakbey of Selanik (Salonica)
    Sanjakbey of Agriboz (Athens)
    Sanjakbey of Balibadra (Patras)
    Sanjakbey of Gastouni (Andreville)
    Sanjakbey of Moton (Modon)
    Sanjakbey of Mezistre (Mystras)
    Sanjakbey of Nigbolu (Nikopol)
    Sanjakbey of Vidin (Bdin)
    Sanjakbey of Sofya (Sredets)
    Alaybey of Tarnovo Kaza (Tarnovgrad)
    Alaybey of Lovets Kaza (Lovets)
    Alaybey of Varna (Varna)
    Alaybey of Nesebar (Nesebar)
    Alaybey of Karvuna (Karvuna)
    Sanjakbey of Filibe (Plovdiv)
    Sanjakbey of Üsküp (Skopje)

Are there any submods/alternative campaigns ? Thanks.

No, there are not.

We are working on a 1448 campaign which will be released next year as a separate mod folder. You can see some preview pages for this in the forum here.

I experimented in Europa Barbarorum 2 with Republican (scutum shield variant) Triari units. I gave them schiltron formation, and when they fought in this formation the individual soldiers held their position superbly during combat, meanwhile they hold their shields correctly and fight with upperhand spear holding. I think this is the best animation for Pavise Spearmens in Tsardoms.

See pavesiers in weisskunig: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...isch_facht.jpg

I believe Jurcek have lot of doing. Only I would like to recommend this mod to his attention, some thing from this may be good for Tsardoms. For example dismounting unit, auto merge AI armies, vassal control, GF script (garrison in forts).
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/medieval-ii-denmod

"Forts will now be of two types"
    "GF script (garrison in forts)."

This is great.

"Hiring troops- Population" = Manpower system

Great job everyone in the mod. I have been playing a campaign with Wallachia for the last year or so (on and off, as I dont have as much time as 15 years ago). see some pics attached. Conquered most of Balkans with only Aragonese remaining strong, beating Turks, (who launched a jihad against Bursa).

I am now waiting for the Timurids to come, really curios what surprises he will bring.

https://imgur.com/a/gABNQC3

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	368931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mircea2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	374.3 KB 
ID:	368932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mircea.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	376.9 KB 
ID:	368933

Wow that is a huge conquest by 1389. I suspect the Timurids won't stand a chance to such an empire Glad that you are enjoying it

However, I do recommend playing on a higher difficulty as you will be missing out on a tonne of content if you conquer the map so quickly.
    Last edited by Wallachian; April 29, 2023 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Wow that is a huge conquest by 1389. I suspect the Timurids won't stand a chance to such an empire Glad that you are enjoying it

However, I do recommend playing on a higher difficulty as you will be missing out on a tonne of content if you conquer the map so quickly.

I am always playing on the hardest possible difficulty, I am a bit of a completionist. And I also dont really attack other factions before turn 50 to give them a chance. This is my Divide and Conquer Campaign.

Name:	Gondor4.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	363.3 KB 
ID:	368935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gondor3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	377.7 KB 
ID:	368936

One suggestion I would make is to make a few extra mercenaries available. I really like the extra flavour the various styles that unique units can bring. Not sure if you guys have thought about it, maybe get a few Grand Companies available for hire, like the White company, the Black Band, the Catalan Company, Compagnia di San Giorgio, elephants, etc.

PS: I know you made the Athens faction basically as a Catalan company.

Also make them ludicrously expensive
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; April 30, 2023 at 02:15 PM. Reason: posts merged

That's quite an achievement. Are you using the garrison script and the hardcore gameplay too?

We already have most of the grand companies you mentioned. If you play with Italian factions you will get several of the grand companies. If you play with the Romans you will get the Catalan company. The Timurids have elephants but kind of hard justifying elephants to any other factions, it would be stretching things way too much.

In the upcoming 1448 campaign there will be a tonne of mercenaries. Have you seen this? https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Script-Preview

That's quite an achievement. Are you using the garrison script and the hardcore gameplay too?

We already have most of the grand companies you mentioned. If you play with Italian factions you will get several of the grand companies. If you play with the Romans you will get the Catalan company. The Timurids have elephants but kind of hard justifying elephants to any other factions, it would be stretching things way too much.

In the upcoming 1448 campaign there will be a tonne of mercenaries. Have you seen this? https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Script-Preview

That's really cool mate -love those screenshots. Looks great.

I think I am using everything. I noticed when I attacked some cities like Buda, that basically half an extra stack spawns inside the city. I know third age had a similar script, though this mod has a lot more of Stainless Steel vibe. Not sure about hardcore gameplay. What I noticed is that diplomacy doesn't really work anymore, the AI doesn't want (mostly) any kind of map info or alliances. I think the only cheese I did was to reverse cards when Ottomans offered me to become a vassal, and I basically proposed them to become my vassal, and they accepted. Twenty turns later they attacked me anyway.

On the campaign map, I noticed that its a lot harder to fool horses into your deployes stakes, however, the horse archers still provoke a response from the enemy archers. I think that the scare factor from handgunners needs to be toned down, even the most elite units run away after a couple of volleys from a unit of gunners.

Yeah that spawned stack is the garrison script. The hardcore gameplay charges you money if you have troops in enemy lands.

For the AI diplomacy that is sadly a problem, but we are not sure how to address it.

For the handgunners yeah the scare factor is a bit exaggerated. But handgunners have quite limited uses so it's probably good to have that to make the units more useful.

For the handgunners yeah the scare factor is a bit exaggerated. But handgunners have quite limited uses so it's probably good to have that to make the units more useful.
    Agreed too, I think Shogun II vanilla teppo were balanced the same way it is now in Tsardoms, they had terrible range(like 50), but they would demolish moral, and then its a win by fear...maybe a little more range(70), and less fear factor would be better.
    After I don't know, its mostly large stacks of low tiers militia units that I saw running away after 2 salvo.

I started conquering the Swiss, and got a rude awakening, after killing a few of their stacks, when I fought a unit of Auszug Pikemen. Those are the most badass, unbending, stubborn troops I have ever seen. I had 3 cannons and a ballista on a river crossing, and held a bridge, with stakes all around my side of the bridge to kill their cav and a unit of lefegii handgunners to cause maximum panic. I routed around 10-15 of the enemy stack units (landwehr pikemen, halbediers, swiss pikemen, etc,), but those bastards kept on coming. I had to kill every last one of them. I had a deja vu with the sacking of Rome in 1527, when those guys died to the last to protect the pope.

Last edited by Ionut B; May 22, 2023 at 07:19 AM.