Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Settlement Type (OST) 1.1

Default Re: One Settlement Type (OST) 1.1

Wait...what?

I thought MSC 6.0 was good to go with SS 6.4

Pretty sure it is, I used OST with no noticeable issues for about 40 turns before I decided I didn't like OST (just personal choice, the mod is well done). Almost felt like cheating, though it makes BGR easier to handle.
    Wait....what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalthius View Post
    Bummer. I see the benefits of OST...I always feel compelled, especially with England, to convert several castles to towns. OST removes that annoyance, but I'm a big fan of the education system. I tried to utilize your recommendations for switching out files from Compilation version 5.03 w/6.0 to add castles back in, but it seems that breaks the 2TPY, even after trying other fixes.

So it comes down to OST and partial education, or no OST, full education, and 1TPY! Hmph...I think OST will probably win....I want my 2TPY

+rep

What about 2 types of barracks in every settlement, one for militia, the other one for the rest, would that solve the education issue?
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Dalthius View Post
    Wait...what?

I thought MSC 6.0 was good to go with SS 6.4

Pretty sure it is, I used OST with no noticeable issues for about 40 turns before I decided I didn't like OST (just personal choice, the mod is well done). Almost felt like cheating, though it makes BGR easier to handle.
    When you post in the OST thread, I assume you mean the OST stand-alone version.
    MSC works fine with SS6.4. I can't guarantee the same for the OST stand-alone version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritol View Post
    What about 2 types of barracks in every settlement, one for militia, the other one for the rest, would that solve the education issue?
    Not really.
    The best solution would probably be to have two mutually exclusive lines of school.

My actual wish was to get the militia barracks back and their increase of public order. I really hate to lose most of my money due to corruption.
    There are gallows now, but I would only build them when my cities have grown enough.
    Last edited by Moritol; February 01, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Is there anyway to uninstall this :O I really enjoyed castle sieges but with just one settlement type it really cuts down on the variation of sieges.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

No you have to reinstall your game\mod for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moritol View Post
    My actual wish was to get the militia barracks back and their increase of public order. I really hate to lose most of my money due to corruption.
    There are gallows now, but I would only build them when my cities have grown enough.
    I might add some law bonuses to the barracks building instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    I might add some law bonuses to the barracks building instead.
    Thanks

i cant get this to work with 6.4, it just closes when it tries to load

The Compilation includes this, so you could try that instead.

The Compilation includes this, so you could try that instead.
    yea, but i haaaate RR

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

RR is too awesome to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by adecoy95 View Post
    yea, but i haaaate RR
    RR cannot be disabled for stand-alone OST either.

what about make manhood at 20 and for education consider the existence of a school/library in the settlement for basic edu then consider the best city (highest education building on the faction checking for faction existence) is far from realistic and economic/hostoric Likelihood had a university on all regions . so we can consider that the sons were send to the best city to complete study,and it really happened a lot.
    at least in 1tpi is a good solution i think

is there any chance in the future this mod will made compatible with disabled RR?

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post
    what about make manhood at 20 and for education consider the existence of a school/library in the settlement for basic edu then consider the best city (highest education building on the faction checking for faction existence) is far from realistic and economic/hostoric Likelihood had a university on all regions . so we can consider that the sons were send to the best city to complete study,and it really happened a lot.
    at least in 1tpi is a good solution i think
    This mod's development is currently on hiatus until Dominion of the Sword has been released.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maso View Post
    is there any chance in the future this mod will made compatible with disabled RR?
    Unless Newt decides to do so, it's very low.

Rokiniz's Avatar Civis

sorry to bother you Meneth, but thre seems, that i cant find or see the option to tick or untic OST in your compilation. theres just no such thing. Downloaded your sub-mod compilation, but there isnt a ost , but in the game, all of the settlements are citys, even those, which should be castles
    Long Live Lithuania( Grand Duchy Lithuania )

Rokiniz's Avatar Civis

There're instructions in MSC's OP on how to remove OST.

yeah, sorry. should have thought about it. Have some rep for doing such a great job
    Long Live Lithuania( Grand Duchy Lithuania )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast