Page 2 of 232 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Default Re: [beta version 1!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod!

Would be nice if someone could post a config needed to apply this sub-mod.

Thanks in advance!

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by vtec.dominion View Post
    Would be nice if someone could post a config needed to apply this sub-mod.

Thanks in advance!
    In it's current format, either MSC or SSNOP is needed.

Thanks for quick reply, i will wait for wider compatilibity version then.

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Lucky, I am glad that Meneth convinced me to Download the MSC

OK, installed. Selected late era via setup, launched the game.
    Went for Turks ... loading bar flashing ... bah! AD 1100 ?
    Is this version only for early campaign ? Can i change it somehow to start in 1220 ?

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by vtec.dominion View Post
    OK, installed. Selected late era via setup, launched the game.
    Went for Turks ... loading bar flashing ... bah! AD 1100 ?
    Is this version only for early campaign ? Can i change it somehow to start in 1220 ?
    Bizzare, I am in the middle of a Teutonic (OK just started, only... 20 or so turns in? using the Meneth's Sub-Mod Compilation in pieces...) and it is Late Era. Works just fine.
    Last edited by Tears of Destiny; November 23, 2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Clarification

OK, here's what i did (step by step)
    Uninstalled SS 6.3 (well, just for sure), re-installed SS 6.3, applied fixes. Installed Meneth Sub-Mod compilation.
    Launched the setup, made decision for Late Era. Unpacked the 2 volumes and copied into SS 6.3 folder.
    Started the game!

Wrong order ?
    Note: I have had six beers on my neck at that time ... and counting LOL! (got a week off work, yeaaaah)

EDIT: I've started the launcher again and selected Late Era, now the game doesn't start even .... quit to desktop once loading!
    EDIT #2: re-copied the files of this mod, game started, took the Turks and again the same, 1100 AD! ....daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
    Last edited by vtec.dominion; November 23, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

Hey, I tried deleting the sound files, but they don't rebuild
    properly, and then I have no sound as compared to incorrect sounds.

How do I make the new sounds build properly?
    EDIT: Turkish Ghazawat upgraded 2-3 armor levels
    are silver surfers.
    EDIT2: So are upgraded Ghulam Cavalry.
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; November 23, 2010 at 08:56 PM.

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

RollingWave, please make a Roz mod compatible version. (I will complete my current Hungarian Campaign using your TM based IRP v 2.0 next day maybe tomorrow, need to take Sinope to kill Romans other objectives (Outlive Venice, HRE, control 'Hungary' and win 50 regions completed). I just want to try your mod together with Roz Mod. You can ask me to help you in
    1) Merging files
    2) Play Testing
    3) Spelling/Error Checking (no CTD issues though)
    4) rigid unit info card (just need to add shady boundaries)
    5) Suggestions on modding

I am ready to help you again as I once had been when my Hungarian campaign is complete (my first M2TW campaign to be completed). I still have about a month free time at home.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

IA - which RozMod version - Alltowns or Town and Castle?

Once this is relatively bug-free I'd be interested in looking at this to see how it might work with the Rozmods -
    you might end up with this overlayed on the RozMods plus (RW permitting) a version of the Rozmods that incorporates this but amended to suit my idea of what the Rozmods should do.
    (will have to wait until the 1100 historical mod is complete (or the first version is) before looking at this in detail.)

one thing I'm trying out is a change to the moors and egypt - I've carved out a desert hidden_resource from oran to benghazi and arabia (roughly) and made arab and desert units
    available to both factions there and in lesser numbers elsewhere and removed from AoR for other factions.
    hope is to slow down moors and egypt expansion -which if too predictable ruins the game and reflect problems other factions should have in holding onto the region.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

yeah, silver surfers are probably the most likely issue right now... and missing UI's ... I've found a couple so far also (Baltic cavalry and feudal knights for some factions) due to the rather drastic changes on the roster....

So far in my limited testing the slave recruitment thing doesn't seem to effect overall game much... i'm about 30 turns into a lithu campaign and I think all but around 10 rebel regions are taken... though the process have been tougher and some of the remaining regions have pretty big stacks (but not ridiculasly big)

I really like how the low level units play now... it's now fairly easy to get a sizable army of low level stuff going right off the bat... they can be useful in the right situation (those woodsmen have saved my arse a few times already... i almost never used them before) but still gets steamrolled by better units when the fight is more even. I think I need more careful look on the texture htough... everyone's spearmiltia now is irish green and their peasant archers are all red... (england) . i'm also thrilled when Norway suddenly hit me with a huge stack of Viking Bondi, makes me proud
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

when I see something like this it just makes me want to say , Yay! :p I'll try to help out with English, I am a native speaker.... just terrible at it and of course the Moors

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    IA - which RozMod version - Alltowns or Town and Castle?

Once this is relatively bug-free I'd be interested in looking at this to see how it might work with the Rozmods -
    you might end up with this overlayed on the RozMods plus (RW permitting) a version of the Rozmods that incorporates this but amended to suit my idea of what the Rozmods should do.
    (will have to wait until the 1100 historical mod is complete (or the first version is) before looking at this in detail.)

one thing I'm trying out is a change to the moors and egypt - I've carved out a desert hidden_resource from oran to benghazi and arabia (roughly) and made arab and desert units
    available to both factions there and in lesser numbers elsewhere and removed from AoR for other factions.
    hope is to slow down moors and egypt expansion -which if too predictable ruins the game and reflect problems other factions should have in holding onto the region.

Yeah, of course any help to intergrate into other mods is really appriciated, one person doing that much is really tiresome, I spend months trying to make this mod and basically played nothing during this span except test runs on custom battles I do hope I could at least run a campaign or three before needing to tear up the files for a further update again

As for the balance of moors / egypt, I'm not sure about egypt, but I have a decent idea on the moors , essentially it involves changing around the descr_rebel faction more, so that each regions' rebel rate becomes different... for example...

1. most of Europe: realtively common peasant rebellion with only low level units, very occasional feudal rebellions involving feudal troops (obviously region dependent, for example france / hre much higher than spain etc...)

2. moorish north africa : fairly comomn berber rebellion, since the berber troops are generally better than the peasant grade troops. this becomes a serious problem for anyone in the region. also probably some Bedouin invasion rebellions around the Tunis area .

3. stepps area : fairly common tribal war rebellion: as it's obvious that the stepps is far from one coherent hoard, this area's rebellion should be much more common, and being mostly horse archers it'll almost surely be a pretty serious war of attrition.

4.some regional should have raid event rebellions, such as the areas around wales and scotland, luxor should occasionally get nubian invasion rebels etc...

this is obviously somewhat more complicated but should be interesting to see how to balance things out so some factions will be held back more by rebellions than others. right now as far as i can see in that file the occurance chance is virtually the same in all those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    so will you make an update for islamic roaster project?or thats finished?
    This is basically the islamic roster project expanded, it has some more wider overall changes that also effects the other factions. though the islamic factions by far recieved the biggest changes to their rosters. the next update will likely focus first and foremost on the Kwarezmid obiviously.
    Last edited by RollingWave; November 25, 2010 at 02:01 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    In it's current format, either MSC or SSNOP is needed.
    SSNOP? Tried to figure that out from mods listed but it doesn't seem to match any initials...

I will DL and test this out pretty soon but right now I'm still busy testing changes to descr_strat files to better represent population and development of regions historically. Takes a few test campaigns to make sure a couple results aren't misleading.
    Last edited by Ichon; November 25, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

RollingWave

I wonder if you're going to make changes for Novgorod and Kiev roster, because they have some issues in late era.

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

That's what I've found so far., some silver surfers + missing unit card.
    The KoJ roster seems too plain and dull to me now + it consists mostly only of the units which other factions can also have. Would be cool to see some BC units in the KoJ roster.

hmm, ok yeah there's plenty of issues, i think i'll update a version tomorrow with all the missing texture / bugs i've found so far

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

I'll wait for that one, then.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Btw, is this submod for late or early campaign?

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Roster changes are for both, but since units got renamed, -moved, -placed etc it might crash when you try late campaign.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.