Page 4 of 232 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Default Re: [beta version 1!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod!

Playing as the moors the recruitment card for what I think are the Sanjha has the title "unlocalised placement text" or something like that.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

I Have the SS 6.3, Installed Meneth Sub-Mod compilation. (MSC 4.2).

I made like you said: "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 ) and press yes to all overwrites"

I've started the launcher selected Late Era, and the game doesn't start, quit to desktop!
    What's going on??

Any help?
    Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

I recommend you move SS6.3 to somewhere other than Program Files.
    Due to permissions and Virtual Store and similar, Program Files often cause problems for games.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    I recommend you move SS6.3 to somewhere other than Program Files.
    Due to permissions and Virtual Store and similar, Program Files often cause problems for games.
    Well but when I played the SS6.3 with MSC 4.2, it works fine! Only when i replace the data files of the Beta version 1.1 the game dont start, it crash in the loading scene...

And if i moved to other place then Program files, do i need to installed again?
    Last edited by PedroL; November 29, 2010 at 11:07 AM.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Make sure you have exactly the setup mentioned above:
    "savage AI / live long and prosper / longer assilmilation / next heir crown and early 2tpy"
    It'll probably work without the first 4 however. The important part is "early 2TPY"

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Make sure you have exactly the setup mentioned above:
    "savage AI / live long and prosper / longer assilmilation / next heir crown and early 2tpy"
    It'll probably work without the first 4 however. The important part is "early 2TPY"
    Nothing! Crash again, I will remove the SS6.3 to the Desktop area and try again!!

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Nothing again!! I'm going to quit....Thanks for everything

omen1710's Avatar Libertus

There are some problems about moors. I take CTD when make custom battle moors with turks.
    And there is an unlocalized text problem for moors. I think lamtuna spearmen.

19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_moors.texture (from: E:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture (from: E:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture (from: E:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors.texture
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors.texture
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_moors.texture (from: E:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors.texture
    19:34:12.921 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors.texture
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture (from: E:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors.texture
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors.texture
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_moors.texture (from: E:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_moors.texture (from: E:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture (from: E:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors.texture
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors.texture
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture
    19:34:12.937 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Faction_banner_moors_trans.texture
    19:34:13.500 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by omen1710; November 29, 2010 at 11:42 AM.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

ugggh, guess i still need to make a more easily competible version, ack.

hmmm for some reason in my test run the AI seems much tougher, i'm getting close to being overrun by the AI on my Lithuanian Campaign (30 + turns in, I hold 6 region but could barely breath, vilnus and Thorn gets sieged every turn and i barely have enough money to keep some semblence of construction going) and with a ton of large stacks running around I don't see much room for an offensive...

though the biggest problem of all so far is that the Catholic seem to be in love with each other or something, I think the only two Catholic faction that have fought in any sort of semi serious matter so far is France pushing England out of the Mainland... that's it! the Danes aren't fighting Norway nor the HRE (which is problematic for me... since I want to invade Visby and the HRE keeps knocking on Thorn) and i'm the HRE's only enemy (!!) hell I even submited to the HRE as a vassal for a couple of turns just to get them off my back... problem is they broke away when Novogod attacked me two turns later... ugggh.

Omen: that's odd... i'll check it out tomorrow... getting too late here
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Great work on the Moors mate, most enjoyable play through I've had with them. Any chance of changing the faction name to something more accurate though? +rep

Pedro do you use windows 7? It is weird and annoying when it comes to installing mods. The best and easiest way I ahve found to get round it is to install all games (from disc) and steam games (including steam itself) on drive D:, do you know how to do that? Once you have when installing mods allways save them to your computer and unzip/open them into a folder on your desktop. Then copy and paste all the relevant files across to the right place. This seems to make sure they are written properly but also makes it easier if you ever need to re-install. I ahve a SS folder with a backup of vanilla SS plus, submods in their own folders.

The only thing you need to remember to do is to change the default file path in installers to point to the right place.

As for getting this mod to do I did a full install of SS as I deleted it a while ago. Make sure that is working. Then install Meneth's compilation (from the desktop like I said) set it to be Early 2TPY, this is very important. Rollingwave also thinks it will help if you have the exact settings he has, which he mentions on the page before this. Then check if SS still works.

If SS still works then download this mod, make a folder called "Improved Islam" or "Roster Revision Mod" or something on your desktop. Then extract both of the data folders from the 2 parts of the download to there, say yes when asked to merge folders. Now you have combined the mod COPY and paste it to the data folder (make sure it is the one in the SS folder not the vanilla data folder) click yes to merge folders and yes to overwrite files for every single one.

A good tip for anyone using windows is to turn user account control off, it inteferes alot. Even if you arn't using windows 7 the steps I've outlined are good practice for any mod and for the future.

Hope you manage to get it working, seriously it's well worth trying again!

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bacon View Post
    Great work on the Moors mate, most enjoyable play through I've had with them. Any chance of changing the faction name to something more accurate though? +rep

Pedro do you use windows 7? It is weird and annoying when it comes to installing mods. The best and easiest way I ahve found to get round it is to install all games (from disc) and steam games (including steam itself) on drive D:, do you know how to do that? Once you have when installing mods allways save them to your computer and unzip/open them into a folder on your desktop. Then copy and paste all the relevant files across to the right place. This seems to make sure they are written properly but also makes it easier if you ever need to re-install. I ahve a SS folder with a backup of vanilla SS plus, submods in their own folders.

The only thing you need to remember to do is to change the default file path in installers to point to the right place.

As for getting this mod to do I did a full install of SS as I deleted it a while ago. Make sure that is working. Then install Meneth's compilation (from the desktop like I said) set it to be Early 2TPY, this is very important. Rollingwave also thinks it will help if you have the exact settings he has, which he mentions on the page before this. Then check if SS still works.

If SS still works then download this mod, make a folder called "Improved Islam" or "Roster Revision Mod" or something on your desktop. Then extract both of the data folders from the 2 parts of the download to there, say yes when asked to merge folders. Now you have combined the mod COPY and paste it to the data folder (make sure it is the one in the SS folder not the vanilla data folder) click yes to merge folders and yes to overwrite files for every single one.

A good tip for anyone using windows is to turn user account control off, it inteferes alot. Even if you arn't using windows 7 the steps I've outlined are good practice for any mod and for the future.

Hope you manage to get it working, seriously it's well worth trying again!
    No i use Win Xp. I have save several mods. I have in another Hard Drive (I have 2 hard drives in my pC), and i have 3 M2TW with different mods, when something is wrong, just replace with the save mod, and then works fine.
    That's what i made with ss6.3, I have a backup SS6.3 and SS6.3 with MSC 4.2.
    When I installed the Beta version 1.1 the game dont start, it crash in the loading scene...then replace again with the backup SS6.3 with MSC 4.2., and start again.

But i will make one more shot, just like you said.

turkish gazhawats are silver skin and I suppose to change their name turkish ghazis or turkish ghazi infantry. In addition to this, bashi bozouk's model is wrong and you should decrease their attack and their armor (they are most terrible unit in the ottoman army). Also you should give the following trait "charge without order, untrained". Their looking given in the following link:
    http://www.itusozluk.com/gorseller/ba%FE%FDbozuk/26168
    Azab troops are excellent. I like their models.
    You can also add deli horseman. Their skin is given in the following link:
    http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deliler

Description of Deli Horseman: Easily recognisable by their distinctive animal skins and feathered shields, these troops are recruited from many peoples. They have an ethos of personal, rather than collective, bravery. The animal skins worn include wolf, leopard and bear pelts, and their winged shields are enhanced by attaching bird feathers to them. They are armed with scimitars, and these can cause terrible slashing wounds in hand-to-hand combat. The task of the scouts, though, is to avoid combat, seek out the enemy and return with news.

Historically, Deli infantry men and cavalry were irregular troops, and deli horsemen would often find employment guarding caravans and important dignitaries.
    Last edited by omen1710; November 29, 2010 at 12:57 PM.

RollingWave, in the future, if you got permission, would there be any chance including some of the lovely looking units and strat map models from Battle for the Baltic into this mod? Seeing as it is adressing all factions.

Well i think if hte sub-mod manager isn't set up right or if it dosn't copy properly, the first few times the beta wouldn't edit the .exe properly then it won't work. I can confirm the game starts if everything is in the right place.

Also check the data folder hasn't just became another folder in data (still called data) and that the folders have actually merged and overwrote the releveant files. (I'm not sure but you might be able to check that by seeing when they where last modified).

Also XP is just as, if not more, awkward than windows 7. Alot of the same fixes should work for it.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Now it Works
    Thanks Smokey Bacon +Rep for you.

RollingWave, i will give +Rep for you whn i can ok. Great Work.

Some questions on this work:
    I played Portugal (of course), and i have some few changes:

First: Missing unit cards:
    The Spear Militia and the Seargeant Spearmen they look the same.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Portuguese Cavalry??
    Wrong roster:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here the Portuguese Cavalry in the Early time

Cavalry
    -Vilan Knights (Cavaleiros Vilões)
    -Ginetes (Portuguese word) - Jinetes (Spanish Word)
    -Feudal Knights
    -Portuguese Knights

Infantry
    -Town Militia (Peasants in arms)
    -
    Sword Militia
    -Spear Militia
    -Seargeant Spearmen
    -Dismounted Vilan Knights (
    They
    would often dismount and fight on foot when the situation demanded it, They use Sword or Battle-Axe, Shield, and chainmail)
    -Dismounted Feudal Knights
    -Dismounted Portuguese Knights

Ranged

-Peasant Archer
    -Militia Archer
    -Crossbow Militia
    -Portuguese Besteiros de Conto (Elite Portuguese Crossbowmen)
    The first permanent army was formed in 1331 called "besteiros do conto," supported by the "concelhos" (administrative territories).The Municipality obligation that required each township to have a specific number of people to fight as crossbowmen which were incorporated into the royal host whenever the King required it, with the purpose of having a permanent and professional military force on standby, which was controlled by the Royalty, there for reducing the Kings dependency in his vassals and other minor lords. The ranks of crossbowmen were filled with small land owners and craftsmen usually people who had some possessions and could afford a crossbow. Their pulley crossbow had a metallic arch, armed with a pulley system, making it very effective and with a excellent penetration power. They were commanded by local captains, which in their turn were under the orders of a higher hierarchy commander. They were usually armed with chainmail, a helmet, a pulley crossbow with a metallic arch, dagger and Sword.
    -Portuguese Javelinmen
    Since the days of the Lusitani tribes in ancient times, the Portuguese have had a long tradition of fighting with the javelin. These lightly armoured skirmishers, drawn from the peasantry, are armed with javelins, Shield (called adarga) and Sword, which they hurl at their foes to weaken their enemies and break up formations.
    Adarga (Buckler) - Shield made not of wood, but in skin, originating from the Maghreb, in the thirteenth century, changes its circular shape, taking on a bi-oval

If you need more please tell me

Note: In Portugal the most important Military Orders were
    -Templar Knights (1128-1314)
    - Knights of Avis
    -
    Knights of Christ
    The Portuguese Order of Knights of Christ, originates from the Portugese priory of the Templars, which simply changed its name when the order was suppressed by Pope Clement, and everyone pretended not to notice that his “new” order just happened to have all the same members.
    Following the dissolution of the Order of the Templars on instigation of the King of France in 1312, King Dinis of Portugal in 1319 used their possessions to found the Order of Christ, which also took over the order’s symbol.
    -Knights of Santiago
    Last edited by PedroL; November 29, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Is there any way to install the sub-mod, while maintaining the old TO skins and models?

I know this is pretty picky but.....

I miss the good old Ritterbruder model.......the other new one is....meh in my opinion. Same thing for the Halbrudder.....l liked the old model better.

I think it could be used for the TO for a different unit as maybe a generic Teutonic Knight could use that model?

Good job on everything with this mod. Keep it up!

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

"The North remembers" Wyman The Godfather Manderly

No problem pedro, have fun.

Playing as England the name of the Spearmen Sergeants at the top of the unit card and they have the wrong picture on the description card. Also I think they could do with a better looking picture in the recruitment list, etc.

I'm really glad England gets Norman Knights, really hope you keep them. Havn't played enough to comment on whether england are too OP now.

Pedro, I have scouts as the generic basic catholic cavalries right now ( i changed their shields so they don't look as viking like) since mounted sergeants are actually fairly heavy for a basic cavarly, and vilan knights is recruitable via the town hall buildings (Reflecting that they were generally local polticial leaders) i'll try to add in the dismounted version and Besteiros de Conto

as for sergeant spearmen, I think i'll use the BC's KOJ sergeants (and cards) for my next update (which also includes a pole arm sergeant too, solving my problem for the lack of one for my Guisarme sergeants). so my next update will include a completely revamped sergeant look so they no longer look so much like the peasant units

a couple of questions for Pedro and Omen

Pedro: is the pully crossbow of the Besteiros de Conto closer to a arbalest? though I think there's a bit too few version of crossbows in RC's current representation anyway. hmmm... also, can you suggest some special units for Spain or Aragon?

Omen: if you know more about Bashi, my question is ... a. how common were they? b. so they are generally unarmoed single handed swordsmen (but i think a couple of them are holding pistols? so maybe this is more of a late representation? though that would be quite interesting if they are a pistol unit hmmm... though IIRC you need to mod animation files to make a pistol animation for foot soliders as there is only one for cavalries right now)

second question, what dates did the Deli cavalry start to show up? those drawings are mostly from the late 16th century and beyond (so a bit out of the timeframe). also, i'm no artist. so i'll need to be able to find some other models that have those sort of fancy feather shields to be able to do anything like that.
    Last edited by RollingWave; November 29, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

ack, seem to be something that i messed with the Sanhaja's EDU entry that 's causing the problem, i'll try another update today or tomorrow to try and fix more problems (face palm)

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Omen: if you know more about Bashi, my question is ... a. how common were they? b. so they are generally unarmoed single handed swordsmen (but i think a couple of them are holding pistols? so maybe this is more of a late representation? though that would be quite interesting if they are a pistol unit hmmm... though IIRC you need to mod animation files to make a pistol animation for foot soliders as there is only one for cavalries right now)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They are first line of ottoman army and they are mercanary troop. They are important part of ottoman army. Their number is not ignorable. Most of them die in the beginning of a battle. The bashi's outfit description that is given is about 18th or begining of 19 th century (they are revised in 1820, Mahmud II military reform) . But their outfit didn't change too much until 1820. They are unregular troops and their weapons are anything that they can find. I couldn't find description of bashi in the period before 17th century. But I know their outfits didn't change too much until 1820 military reform. They are multi nationality troops include many nations that lived under ottoman rule. Because of this; their outfits vary from nation to nation. I give another bashi outfit desciptions in the following links.

http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumbnail/168904/1/Seated-Bashi-Bazouk-With-A-Rifle.jpg

http://dayya.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/bashi-bazouk_and_his_doggerome.jpg

They use mostly scimitar in the battle. They have no armor, high morale (because most of them are crackheads, murders and thiefs) , between middle and high attack. Sometimes charge without order, untrained, give fear to enemies and decrease their morale and spoil their battle formation.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    second question, what dates did the Deli cavalry start to show up? those drawings are mostly from the late 16th century and beyond (so a bit out of the timeframe). also, i'm no artist. so i'll need to be able to find some other models that have those sort of fancy feather shields to be able to do anything like that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They are a part of akinjis troop. They became noticable troop in 16th century but before 16th century, they also existed. Therefore; don't include them, they are not important troop before 16th century.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spahis of porte -> qapiqulu( kapikulu) spahis.
    Turkish Gazhawats -> Turkish ghazis or Turkish ghazi infantry.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The other troops of seljuks seem good for me.