Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Ideas and Suggestions

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Default Campaign Ideas and Suggestions

These are just a few Ideas off the top of my head. Religion could be used as nation affiliation i.e Union, Confederate and what ever other factions you decide upon. To accurately portray this building like "States Rights" and "Federalism" would be in their respective state to provide a permanent base affiliation so if either faction takes a north/south state they will always have some unrest. Similar to what Sicilian Vespers has done with monasteries. Other building could represent abolitionists in certain states where they were most active. Scripted battles would be great but letting the game play out might be more interesting and player friendly. Using the legion system (im not sure how it exactly works) so units created in a state would have 1st New York, 3rd Virginian and so forth would be cool. Making units regional aside from the regulars. Using the castle settlement to represent important forts such as Fort Wagner. A navigable Mississippi river. I will try and think of more suggestions later after I have had my coffee.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Default Re: Campaign Ideas and Suggestions

My ideas :
    => "abolitionism" and "pro-slavery" will be used like religions in Medieval.
    => priest will be in fact "propaganda speakers" (I don't know the word for it)
    => A minimum level of "abolitionism" is request to recruit north units in a country (i e for the south)
    => All units will have a recruiting zone (for example Louisiana infantry could not be recruit in Texas)
    In Secession CivilWar we trust

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

I would add that the legio feature is sadly unmoddable, so the only possible thing would be "Legio XII New-York"... yes, legio is hardcoded... very strange. And weird.

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Unionism/Federalism and Secessionism/States Rights would be historically accurate really the hole war started because the Federal government was trying to tell the states what they could and could not do, which in fact is not legal under the US constitution and THE states have sovereign rights over the Federal government to decide what they will and will not do, and at least at the time of the war Secession was a perfectly legal thing to do. It would take a little time but if you need solid facts on this I/you could dig it up.

Abolition was just something on the back burners that abolitionists could push over the top during the war and in fact The Emancipation Proclamation did not free slaves in Union controlled slave holding state's it only freed slaves in state's in direct rebellion against the United States in hope to cause disruption in southern states with the slaves. and even Ulysses S. Grant Owned Slaves

Sorry for the long post I'm a Union reenactor who's family fought for the north during the war but I will always defend the Souths rights to do what they did if they would not have stared the war I would probably be siting in New York or Pennsylvania right now and not Florida OH sorry I just made it longer

True, slavery was a cultural issue that motivated the political strains and situation that started the war. Though I think it should be represented, slavery and abolition are second to the war. Federalism vs State Rights.

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    True, slavery was a cultural issue that motivated the political strains and situation that started the war. Though I think it should be represented, slavery and abolition are second to the war. Federalism vs State Rights.

I agree slavery should be represented you could have the slavery resource on the map and make the merchant agent for the South called a slave trader and have a northern merchant be a abolitionist and that way you could combat slavery with the abolitionist/northern merchant just a idea

Well the south didn't profit on slaves themselves, that would be west Africa, rather the work thousands of slaves did on the plantations instead of having to pay workers. If that relationship were to be represented then it might be better to have abolitionist as assassins instead, but along with my previous point I dont think merchants should be used in this manner. The governments as far as I know weren't involved in these thing, the citizens were. My mind goes blank when I try to find a way to make it work .

you can take idea from thid mod for empire total war if you like http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1627
    that help you more in compain map

The Byg's Grim Reality mod would be perfect for the campaign. Perhaps he could be asked to make a version that fits the mod? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106060

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecostal Knight View Post
    Unionism/Federalism and Secessionism/States Rights would be historically accurate really the hole war started because the Federal government was trying to tell the states what they could and could not do, which in fact is not legal under the US constitution and THE states have sovereign rights over the Federal government to decide what they will and will not do, and at least at the time of the war Secession was a perfectly legal thing to do. It would take a little time but if you need solid facts on this I/you could dig it up.

Abolition was just something on the back burners that abolitionists could push over the top during the war and in fact The Emancipation Proclamation did not free slaves in Union controlled slave holding state's it only freed slaves in state's in direct rebellion against the United States in hope to cause disruption in southern states with the slaves. and even Ulysses S. Grant Owned Slaves

Sorry for the long post I'm a Union reenactor who's family fought for the north during the war but I will always defend the Souths rights to do what they did if they would not have stared the war I would probably be siting in New York or Pennsylvania right now and not Florida OH sorry I just made it longer
    Well said

Religion could become Federalism vs Decentralists as suggested before. It could apply to not only the American countries, but to Mexico (the conflict between the French centralists and Revolutionary local movements) and Canada (British Federalists vs Quebec Nationalists and Canadian revolutionaries). Priests would become Propagandists and churches meeting places of political agitators or whatever. This would be realistic, as the states with a mixed amount of revolutionary-supporters and Unionists had high unrest and conflict erupted when the states succeeded.

You coukd use Pro-Slavery vs Abolitionist, but that wouldn't really apply to the non-American factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    You coukd use Pro-Slavery vs Abolitionist, but that wouldn't really apply to the non-American factions.
    Yes, but we can create other religions too. It's not a matter. Using socio-cultural classes seems to be the best solution.

Make the border states a different faction in the campaign and have a scripted event where they could join either faction.

What will you do with walls? In XIX century cities didn't have walls, but walls are nessesery to grow up a settelment in M:TW 2?
    Another thing - is it possible to give shooters melee atack (like in Napoleon TW)? It would be usefull, for exemple to atack artilerry, or to catch some prisoners...

I recently read an article on the American Civil War, and it emphasised how important railways were in the war. So I was wondering whether maybe instead of roads there could be railways?

Armies would be able to move vast distances on the railways but slow off them. I think this would be really fun, because you would have to develop tactics of moving troops to the front lines by rail. It would also have to cost a lot to build railways though.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Religion could become Federalism vs Decentralists as suggested before. It could apply to not only the American countries, but to Mexico (the conflict between the French centralists and Revolutionary local movements) and Canada (British Federalists vs Quebec Nationalists and Canadian revolutionaries). Priests would become Propagandists and churches meeting places of political agitators or whatever. This would be realistic, as the states with a mixed amount of revolutionary-supporters and Unionists had high unrest and conflict erupted when the states succeeded.

I really like the idea about the civil conflict in Canada. The Red River Rebellion of 1869 and the North-West Rebellion of 1885 could be the basis for this. In both occasions the Metis nationalists of Louis Riel were defeated by the Dominion of Canada, but still it would bring some interesting action in the North of the USA.

I hope someone on development team reads the Lost Regiment series and creates a crossover submod. Hmmm. That would be heaven.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

On the cultures behalf I would suggest Federalism/Secessionism (as has been suggested before) and add Imperialism to represent any other foreign power that would try to wrestle for dominance in the region. Good luck and take your time.

Are you guys thinking about the campaign in the west? Dealing with Gen. Sibley and his Texas to conquer New Mexico/ Ariz territories. And to add the army of Colorado and California?

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirnaeth Arnoediad View Post
    Yes, but we can create other religions too. It's not a matter. Using socio-cultural classes seems to be the best solution.
    So what does that entail?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast