Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: (27/01/2012) NEW RELEASE DLVSM 0.95b Released for BB only

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    almg's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: DLVSM 0.9

Thank you very much for this work about the sound in the game: this was missing !

Alban

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Norwegian medieval ballads

Bukkene Bruse - Bendik og Årolilja http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AMmnW0UEQ
    Bukkene Bruse - Haugebonden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXJ5P...eature=related
    Arve Moen Bergset - kråkevisa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHRBcfosqO8

then just look at the youtube proposals (on the right side) and you'll be sure to hear similar tunes take your pick

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

Great, I'll listen to them when I have the time. Thanks

Default Re: DLVSM 0.9 patch released

Small fix released, It fixes a typo I made. Though I haven't personally experienced a crash from it, but its better safe than sorry.

Not released yet. New music will come with the fix aswell; but that might be a couple of weeks.
    The file itself no longer has the 'radio man' on it; but before I can release it I need to have more sounds added.
    Its better that way, it does seem rather cheeky to ask people to redownload a 470mb file just for one fix.

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser1993 View Post
    Not released yet. New music will come with the fix aswell; but that might be a couple of weeks.
    The file itself no longer has the 'radio man' on it; but before I can release it I need to have more sounds added.
    Its better that way, it does seem rather cheeky to ask people to redownload a 470mb file just for one fix.
    You are right.
    THANX for the answer and for the patch.
    Have a nice night (here in Greece is already night)...
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

You're a man after my own heart! BUT I already have a shedload of other custom sounds, voices, and battle music files in other areas I don't want to give up. I don't suppose its possible to enjoy your collection un-cached, so I may compile it with my own and enjoy both?

You can of course add your own music once you've installed the mod

You can of course add your own music once you've installed the mod
    How? Your mod doesn't include the sound files, just the cache... Unless I missed another download somewhere
    That is, I'm unaccustomed to unpacking music.dat or any dat files in the way I go about things. If that is what you're implying.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; January 28, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

theres a tutorial somewhere in the workshop about it

theres a tutorial somewhere in the workshop about it
    Duh. Of course. I used that tool to get the vanilla fx sounds in the first place. Sorry. Been cobbling my own mp3s ever since, so haven't been extracting much.

All the files in the faction name folder are your selections? First glance the titles outside them look like the vanilla titles to me...

If I must hear Black Garden once more I'm gonna go Medieval Dracula on some populace with 1,000 spears...
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; January 28, 2011 at 02:45 PM.

Renesans's Avatar Civis

kaiser1993, Excellent music, excellent mod. Whether In the future addition of Byzantium new music, to the Teutonic award is planned?

all factions to have new music in the future

I have updated the first post with a Progress spoiler for the new 1.0 version.
    I intend on completing most western countries for the new version, new SFX both for the Battle Map and Campaign Map but not an entire overhaul.

Here are some important things that are to be included in the new version.

.I will not only be including faction unique music but also various religious Campaign Map tracks depending on the factions culture; for example:
    Western European Countries that have historically high Latin religious piety will have Gregorian themed music, they aren't many but it will add a further religious feel to the campaign.
    In medieval society religion played a major role, and this shall further this notion.

.You may wonder why Sicily and Italy differ in faction specific music, but Sicily shall contain music from the Italian factions. But because of the historical impact Islamic culture had on the
    region before the Norman invasions in 1060 they will be music that has been influenced by both Italian and Islamic Culture. The music is notably an Arabic style with Italian style, showing the mixed culture of the island of Sicily.

.SFX - at this moment all Islamic factions have new ambient sounds for their Campaign Map Turns.
    All factions have a new Campaign Map war declared and mission success SFX.
    The flash units button on the Battle Map is no longer so annoying.

This is just a mini preview/update/progress report.
    Last edited by kaiser1993; March 13, 2011 at 07:23 AM.

Default Re: DLVSM 0.91 RELEASED (13/03/2011)

0.91 version up,
    7 complete factions
    some new sfx
    new cursors

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Exciting stuff, downloading!

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Returning to DLV today and I found out your new release.
    Thank you for it! I will try it later

+rep for you mate

woha!the dl is 500+MB,why soooooo laaaaaaaaarge??I got the first version already(((((((((((((((((

The larger the mod, the more in it.
    But since its still in Beta I consider this mod if you are a avid player of the factions with new music; e.g. Italian factions.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Can you make one for SS 6.1 and 6.2?