Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to change a factions accent to an already existing accent on the campaign map

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to change a factions accent to an already existing accent on the campaign map

I counted the sound text files in my dev kit** - install it and have a look there, that has the full set.

** 41 files in total in the data folder, including the descr_skeletons file for the animation side of the kit.

Default Re: How to change a factions accent to an already existing accent on the campaign map

I finally figured out my problem and got the accent to work. Bouncing ideas off of you has been quite helpful. Many thanks, again.

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Mind describing what the problems was? It may help in future cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    One is glad to be of service

Mind describing what the problems was? It may help in future cases.
    Sadly, it was something utterly simple that never crossed my mind until I started looking for that 40th sound file you mentioned. I had all of my sound files inside of a sound folder inside the date folder. When I realized that the 40th sound file that I thought was missing was an xml file that had always been with my unpacked game, it dawned on me that the sound text files needed to be placed directly in the data folder with that xml file. And it really was that simple, but the answer alluded me for too long.

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming back with your solution, I should have said '40 files total'.

descr_sounds_db.xml - defines the factions that get 'one liners' before battle, eg the accents not covered in prebattle speeches (export_descr_sounds_prebattle.txt).
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 10, 2020 at 08:33 PM.

Do you have to start a new campaign, or does this work with an existing campaign?

EDIT: You do not have to start a new campaign after the accent modifications.
    Last edited by Tintin2; August 04, 2021 at 12:19 PM.
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Blog Entries

Correct, it's a matter of changing the sound idx\dat files which are save game compatible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12