Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New units faction roster proposals- Name of unit and brief history (suggestions with content appreciated)

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: New units faction roster proposals- Name of unit and brief history (suggestions with content appreciated)

Lifthrasir,

Do you want me to Sticky this thread?

NJ

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Default Re: New units faction roster proposals- Name of unit and brief history (suggestions with content appreciated)

Well, it is not a unit, but a full nation.
    Any chance, that the Republic of Genoa will find a way into your mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Krebskandidat View Post
    Well, it is not a unit, but a full nation.
    Any chance, that the Republic of Genoa will find a way into your mod?
    Probably not. Pisa has almost all of Genoa units though. Mainly because at campaign start date Pisa was dominant maritime Republic in western Mediterranean and Pisan ships even more than Venetians helped on the 1st and 2nd and 3rd Crusades and it was mostly Pisan fleets which capture the Balearics and briefly al-Mahdiya in 1087. The Papal bull of 1133 gave all of Sardinia, half of Corsica, and trade to Spain and north Africa to Pisa. Genoa was left only with half of Corsica, trade of the Rhone valley, and east to the Black Sea where Genoa was awarded free trade rights by Byzantines and established several colonies. Pisan fleets were the main naval support for the early Crusades though Venice played a role there as did Genoa.

Pisa was naturally allied with Sicily and Florence and usually with the Pope against the Holy Roman Emperor, Bologna, Genoa, Lucca, and Padua. Pisa was certainly the dominate maritime power until at least the 4th Crusade when Venetian gains and the rivalry with Genoa began to eclipse Pisan influence. Pisa also lost Florence as a key ally as Florentine territory and ambitions expanded and threatened to cut off Pisan land routes to the rest of Tuscany. The final blow wasn't until 1284 when most of the Pisan fleet was destroyed by Genoa who quickly took over Corsica and Sardinia making it impossible for Pisa to rebuild a fleet to match Genoa.

Can I have the byzantines look back? The old but goldie soldiers what I know. Is posible to revert the texture?

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Somebody did a patch to bring back the original models. It's somewhere in the original thread (closed now) but I need to go through many pages to find it again. It might take a while. I guess it should be within the last 30 pages or so.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gogolometro View Post
    Can I have the byzantines look back? The old but goldie soldiers what I know. Is posible to revert the texture?
    I've finally found it. If you want to get the original byzzies models, you can install the patch made by Nordom. It can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13811336

If you're satisfied, don't hesitate to rep him
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

http://www.totalwars.ru/mods/novosti...26-osmans.html great osman units, if u can get permision. this is complete osman roster, very historical.

Blog Entries

Yes, beautiful units but not useable. As far as I could see, this roster reflects Ottoman's units in the 16th century. The Ottomans started to raise just at the end of the 13th, beginning of the 14th century. SSHIP starts during the 12th century, about 150 years before the Ottomans.

The other problem is that the Magyar Mod team is very strict to give permission to use their models. I don't think we have reached the level they require with SSHIP yet.

you have right, i didnt even thought of starting date of your mod :S my falt, sry

Blog Entries

No problem, Mate. Nobody's perfect
    See the point by the bright side: at least you've tried to contribute to SSHIP and I really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I've finally found it. If you want to get the original byzzies models, you can install the patch made by Nordom. It can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13811336

If you're satisfied, don't hesitate to rep him
    Thank you!

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Serbia:

Units in mod:
    Vlastela
    Vlastelcici(Proper spelling: "Vlasteličići". in serbian means "lesser nobles". They seem OK)
    Dismounted Vlastela
    Vlastelcici Voyniks(proper spelling: Vlasteličići Voyniks. They are OK)
    Serbian Knights
    Bashtiniks
    Bashtinik Archers

-Should be changed:
    Vlastela
    Dismounted Vlastela
    Serbian Knights
    Bashtinik Archers
    Bashtiniks

Vlastela:
    In mod they are horse archers. When they run out of arrows they pull out lance from somewhere
    In reality(history) they never used bow. They used lance for charge and sword in meele. Because your mod now ends in 16th century. than Vlastela should be late era units. They were the strongest force of medieval Serbian army. weapons: lance,sword,shield. full plate armor. Not all of vlastela but some had protection for horses(the one that is from textille,can't remember how is properly named ) They looked something like this :

Dismounted Vlastela should look same just without horses and lances,only sword and shield.

Serbian Knights: Instead of the lance they have more suitable would be the wooden lance,same as for vlastela. On their shield you could put serbian insignia,CoA,etc. Also you could put guys like this one (guy number 3 on picture):

Copyright pic removed.

Bashtiniks: They could stay same but more historical is to put more heavy armour(byzantine style) and maybe to replace spear with axe. They were something like heavy infantry. Bashtinik means "land holder". So they were something as early lesser nobles. That means they diserve better armor and stats.

Bashtinik Archers should be only renamed to Serbian Archers. Bashtiniks did not use bow. That's it.

-Should be added:
    Dismounted Serbian Knights(same as mounted just without horses and lances,just sword and shield )
    You could add Serbian Auxiliary as late era light cavalry. You have it on the picture above(guy number 1 )
    Serbian Elite Archers
    Serbian Spearmen(late era. Chainmail armour,spear,round shield).

Can modders fix serbian roster with something like this ?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 16, 2017 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Copyright pic removed

Blog Entries

What about "Early" units (12th to 14th centuries)?

Also, what about these pics for Late Serbian Knights (mounted and dismounted):

Can you confirm the accuracy of these CoA and if possible when they were used?

PS: about the horses, I guess you mean "barded" horse

What about "Early" units (12th to 14th centuries)?
    You already have them. Vlastelcici,bashtiniks... only serbian knights and Vlastela,gunners,halberdiers from those you already have are late units. That is why adding some late spearmen and archers would be nice. Also 14th century and late 13th is in late era

Also, what about these pics for Late Serbian Knights (mounted and dismounted): ...
    They are perfect. I think putting those for Vlastela would be better. There is no need changing armour on serbian knights you already have. you can leave some of them and put a bit of these if you want.

Can you confirm the accuracy of these CoA and if possible when they were used?
    they are mostly from 14th century. Those are CoA of noble families. None of them was ruler of Serbia. Most of them are not even Serbian. Some are Bosnian/Croatian.
    -late era(1236): Serbia was ruled by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemanji%C4%87_dynasty . You have CoA of that dynasty
    in 1371 Nemanjic dynasty is dead and new dynasty comes to power https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarevi%C4%87_dynasty
    in 1427 again new dynasty wich will last till ottomans annex serbia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brankovi%C4%87_dynasty
    flag of serbia(late era):

-early era(1155 i think): ruled by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vojisl...%C4%87_dynasty , monarch was Mihailo I Vojislavljević.
    CoA of Vojislavljevic dynasty :

Best bet is to make faction icon(early era) same as this one.
    If you cannot separate eras and make 2 differend icons than best option is to go for flag with 2 headed,white eagle on red background.

PS: about the horses, I guess you mean "barded" horse
    yup.

Blog Entries

I would go for the 2 headed eagle for faction's flag, faction's symbol and stratmap banners.
    The 2nd one you posted (red shield with the yellow strap) would be used on some very early units shields. I'm not even sure to use it actually as our start date is 1132 which is more appropriate to Nemanji dynasty.
    What would be interesting is to find CoA like in my 1st pic but for Serbian nobility. Also, some banners would be great. That's where I'm "stuck" at the moment

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Lifthrasir, the CoA images you provided are (mostly)Croatian nobles.

Blog Entries

That's the problem I have. Most of the sources I could find aren't in English
    But I keep searching

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Lifthrasir, the CoA images you provided are (mostly)Croatian nobles.
    I already stated that.

Nemanjic dynasty started ruling from 1166 and ended in 1371. Vojislavljevic dynasty was dissoluted in 1186. So you could add that CoA for some early era units.

I saw one image where there were all of serbian noble dynasty CoAs. I cannot find it so I will need to post several pictures.

This is the ruling dynasty(1166-1371)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemanji%C4%87_dynasty

other ones:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brankovi%C4%87_dynasty (ruling dynasty 1427-1502)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarevi%C4%87_dynasty (ruling dynasty 1371-1427)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrnjav...i%C4%87_family

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vojino...7_noble_family

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bal%C5...7_noble_family

And from the picture you posted,you can use Kobilić CoA (the one with 3 horse heads of red background).

You can put insignia on banners that are on these shields (of course only what is on shield,other things like helmet and things on it should not be used ) .
    Mods like Ferrum Aeternum and Eras: Total Conquest have made great banners(in battle map). Maybe you could find inspiration there.
    Last edited by SerbianWOLF; January 25, 2016 at 02:37 PM.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by SerbianWOLF View Post
    and from the picture you posted,you can use Kobilić CoA (the one with 3 horse heads of red background).
    Um, to my knowledge, the Kobilić are from, you know, Kobilić...which is near Zagreb.

The name comes from the word for a mare = kobila(probably why there are horses on their CoA)

Probably good horse breeders those folks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast