Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

@ jurcek1987, I'll check it.

@ lolIsuck, that's probably another miss. I'll check that too.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Urban Militia is recruitable? Only after the fullplate-event though, and only for england, venice, pisa or jerusalem. I'm really questioning the existence of the unit itself in history though.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Urban Militia is recruitable? Only after the fullplate-event though, and only for england, venice, pisa or jerusalem. I'm really questioning the existence of the unit itself in history though.
    I think I found something about Urban Militia's here: http://theharniac.net/castellan/urban_militia_ref.htm

I know that page. Im not questioning urban militias obviously, but if you look at the unit ingame, well.. I don't even know how a weapon like this is called.

Blog Entries

There are several sources mentioning urban militia in Medieval France. However, there are not many details about them (composition, organisation, etc...). Most of the time, the French sources mentioned sergeants. It seems that these urban militias were the fact of civil people in response of a security problem and not of any military organisation.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Pope

I'm Playing the English. I finally get a minister down to Rome and I find it was captured by Sicily. But the Pope is still alive and giving out orders to do this and that. My question is, where is the Pope? Have I missed something?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pope

Which part of "use the general discussion thread for such question" don't you understand? To be moved.

The Pope usually hides somewhere in the forest near Rome in that case.

Can someone enlighten me about why Georgian units' formations are so spread out?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by k123cp View Post
    Can someone enlighten me about why Georgian units' formations are so spread out?
    Because those units are from Broken Crescent and they haven't been fully adjusted for SSHIP. They also have very high defense skill values (another BC trait).

Blog Entries

Yep, I confirm this

I started a Danish campaing yesterday to take a break from my Byzantium campaing, them i run in to the same problem that i had as Byzantium,. diplomatic reputation

I just sacked one town, Hamburg, the other 2 Norwegian towns, the rebel sweedish castle (skadar i think), the german town on the right of hamburg and Visby were all occupied. There's also along interval beteween the occupation of each city. Yet i get despicable in diplomatic reputation. Realeasing prisioners dons't seem to help at all. Also, people start to dislike me for no reason, if i sack a muslim town, suddenly i will loss relation with catholic factions, if i defeat a enemy german army, randon factions, sometimes very far way, will dislike me. It sucks because it's harder to get peace deals or any other diplo action. Aliances are impossible.

I don't know if this is a problem of the engine, but in the "vanilla" Stainless Steel this was way more balanced, i had a huge Romanoi Empire with good reputation, if i sacked a town, i could repair this by releasing captured troops. In this mod no matter what you do you will get disliked. So, it would be nice if you could fix this in a hotfix or something, it realy strains the gameplay.

The mod is of course amazing, thank you very much for the work. Don't take what i say as a offence.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_chan666 View Post
    I started a Danish campaing yesterday to take a break from my Byzantium campaing, them i run in to the same problem that i had as Byzantium,. diplomatic reputation

I just sacked one town, Hamburg, the other 2 Norwegian towns, the rebel sweedish castle (skadar i think), the german town on the right of hamburg and Visby were all occupied. There's also along interval beteween the occupation of each city. Yet i get despicable in diplomatic reputation. Realeasing prisioners dons't seem to help at all. Also, people start to dislike me for no reason, if i sack a muslim town, suddenly i will loss relation with catholic factions, if i defeat a enemy german army, randon factions, sometimes very far way, will dislike me. It sucks because it's harder to get peace deals or any other diplo action. Aliances are impossible.

I don't know if this is a problem of the engine, but in the "vanilla" Stainless Steel this was way more balanced, i had a huge Romanoi Empire with good reputation, if i sacked a town, i could repair this by releasing captured troops. In this mod no matter what you do you will get disliked. So, it would be nice if you could fix this in a hotfix or something, it realy strains the gameplay.

The mod is of course amazing, thank you very much for the work. Don't take what i say as a offence.
    Are you at war with many factions, and allies with few?
    Every turn you get -reputation from being at war, and +rep for having allies. I believe being at war weighs stronger than having an ally.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Because those units are from Broken Crescent and they haven't been fully adjusted for SSHIP. They also have very high defense skill values (another BC trait).
    Talking about defense, I think the armor stat of the foot banderium knights are a little too high, equal to gothic knights IIRC (20). Banderium knights currently have a total defense of 33, which is the highest of all infantry and far superior than chivalric (27) or gothic knights (28). Is this intentional or it just hasn't been balanced yet?

Blog Entries

Not yet balanced

Default Re: Pope

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Which part of "use the general discussion thread for such question" don't you understand? To be moved.

The Pope usually hides somewhere in the forest near Rome in that case.
    Thank you for that bit of enlightenment.

Blog Entries

I shouldn't had to do it if you had taken 10 sec to read the thread entitled "Please read before posting!!!".
    We don't do that per pleasure nor whim but just to keep things organized somehow, to be able to answer to anybody and to not miss important stuff
    As you probably noticed, I took the time to answer to your question anyway

So how exactly does reputation work in SSHIP compared to vanilla? I keep getting lower and lower reputation as Crusader States for taking Muslim settlements (only using occupy). Is it because I play on VH/VH?

I think that sship team could rebalanced the reputation system, for example for some factions as crusades states for can have military orders always available or also iberian factions against moors...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

EE bodyguards have swords in the EDU but the model has maces

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Are there plans to update the faction descriptions in the faction selection screen for the final/next release? I ask because I'm wondering about writing some of them myself to update them for 1132 for my own game, but might release them as a mini-mod if there's interest. It's by no means a big thing (which is why I'm questioning if you guys will even bother with it) but in their present state they bug me. Some of them weren't even relevant in 1080, never mind 1132.