Page 15 of 361 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    New AI:
    - new defending behaviour, AI should be able to distribute it's forces pretty well even on multiple borders
    - new invading behaviour, Invasions should happen with large forces. Naval invasions should also be used pretty well.
    - Alliances are pretty rare now.
    - Diplomacy will be resetted from time to time for small factions to simulate a change of political power due to unsuccessfull rulers and to stop the game from getting stable.
    For what AI work these things - AiGracul, AiLusted or AiSavage? and is it necessary restarted the setup, after updates?

Will the new version require 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 to be installed also ?

It doesn't matter which AI you select, since the files will be completely overwritten and SSHIP uses my AI anyways.

Currently, the new version will require 0.8.2.. But perhaps Lifth will release a complete package, I don't know.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I'm planning to do both options: 1 for updating v0.8.2 and 1 v0.8.3 full install.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Currently, the new version will require 0.8.2.. But perhaps Lifth will release a complete package, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I'm planning to do both options: 1 for updating v0.8.2 and 1 v0.8.3 full install.
    So it will not be a save-compatible version right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post
    So it will not be a save-compatible version right ?
    I think definetly not. Because there will be some major changes.

Blog Entries

That's correct: it won't be save-game compatible.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I think definetly not. Because there will be some major changes.
    That's correct: it won't be save-game compatible.
    Thanks guys .

Blog Entries

Just a quick update guys: due to lack of free time, I'm not progressing as fast I'd like. However, I'm doing my best to respect the release date (which is the end of this week latest). At present, I'm integrating Kahvipannu's units which are Ghulams, Dismounted Ghulams, Elephants, new model for some horses and several units in the CS roster.

I've tried to install SSHIP with the Bugfix compilation v1.26 and it seems working fine (at least, no CTD). Note that I don't have the time to test it properly and I'm not sure that all options (from the Bugfix compilation like the Horse Breeder Guild for example) are working well. Also, I haven't noticed any change with or without it. So if you decide to use SSHIP with the Bugfix compilation, that would be at your own "risk" (actually, there's no risk but just no guarantee it will work properly )

EDIT: most of the texture issues mentioned in the Bugfix thread are fixed. I think I only have to fix the carroccio one.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 14, 2014 at 09:34 AM.

Just a quick update guys: due to lack of free time, I'm not progressing as fast I'd like. However, I'm doing my best to respect the release date (which is the end of this week latest). At present, I'm integrating Kahvipannu's units which are Ghulams, Dismounted Ghulams, Elephants, new model for some horses and several units in the CS roster.
    this is good news! vanilla horse just ugly

Also, I haven't noticed any change with or without it. So if you decide to use SSHIP with the Bugfix compilation, that would be at your own "risk".
    then probably better to put them into different folders, so you can choose to put them or not

Blog Entries

I think you misunderstood me. These options are the one from the SS setup.

waiting waiting ....................are we there yet ???

When will the 0.8.3 update

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    waiting waiting ....................are we there yet ???
    Quote Originally Posted by BuTAJIuK View Post
    When will the 0.8.3 update
    Be patient guys haha. As I have learned from the TWC Community "It will be launch when it's ready".

Blog Entries

Guys, that's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that the v0.8.3 will be delayed. The reason is that my old laptop is dying
    Each time I switch it on, after a very short while, it restarts and says that it can't find any system (basically no Windows). I just hope to be able to save my work on v0.8.3. The worst is that I'm not able to purchase a new laptop in a short while.

So, I think I'll make an alternative release, including MWY's stuff without the units models fix and Kahvipannu models. That's the best I can do for now.

I'm very sorry about that.

Guys, that's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that the v0.8.3 will be delayed. The reason is that my old laptop is dying
    Each time I switch it on, after a very short while, it restarts and says that it can't find any system (basically no Windows). I just hope to be able to save my work on v0.8.3. The worst is that I'm not able to purchase a new laptop in a short while.

So, I think I'll make an alternative release, including MWY's stuff without the units models fix and Kahvipannu models. That's the best I can do for now.

Bummer about that. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you guys should have a paypal account for fans to make donations in gratitude for your great work and huge amount of hour spent to improve all our gaming experiences. It might even cover some hardware upgrades!

sad news, very sorry
    but I hope we will still see that changes and fixs, but now they just moved to an unknown time, right?

Senator

Usually you can restore the content of an old hard drive even if the laptop dies. Most computing stores will have a tech team that can do it for you. So you can put your old on a new computer, or a temporary cloud drive if you can't afford a new one yet or whatever.

That's bad news indeed .
    Hope you get a new computer soon or solve the issue .

Blog Entries

No worries guys, I'm working on another solution. I should be able at least to gather eveything as I still have an old PC. But unfortunately, it can only handle basic stuff. So, as long I don't work on textures/meshes or run the game, it should be fine. However, it means that I won't be able to test it properly but I can find a solution for that as well. I'll keep you updated.