Page 18 of 361 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

thanks
    that hotfix properly work on me

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Yep, seems to be working now. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Alright I figured it out. Took me a while though.

Install this hotfix:

http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/48406526/file.html

And custom battles should work again. I hope there won't be any more errors now.
    Good job! thanks for the greatest mod

The hotfix works perfectly, thanks for the hard work. Now regarding balancing issues with new units. The new muslim units seem to be quite overpowered when facing elite eastern Roman Armies and Late western armies, even though most of their stats (the muslim ones) are lower than those of their enemies. I think the problem lies in the fact that many of their units use maces (which ignore armor if a recall) and that they have more men per unit than any of the other factions, this coupled with the fact that their military is partly urban based and that they tend to have the strongest economies in the game makes it easy for them to roll over the map without much effort.

Now I really like the new western roster textures but it takes forever to reach the high era (1250) so iwas wondering if anyone knows how to modify the files so that an unit can appeart earlier. Thanks

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Thank you very much
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Thanks once again just a couple of questions for Rum Sultanate are Janasiries heavy infantry and cannon units still available in this update if so what year thank you.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Sorry guys to not have been active these past few days.
    First of all, huge thanks to MWY who release the v0.8.3 even if it's not fully implemented. At least, you guys can test the game play and some of the new units already included. As usual, feedbacks are welcome and don't hesitate to rep MWY who keep this submod alive while I'm trying to fix my technical issues
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

@Cloud: Yes they are, I haven't changed anything about them. I didn't really have time to enhance or change the rum-roster that much. :/

@Juanplay: They roll over your map? In my games, the islamic factions are definitely not rolling over the map. They sometimes eliminate jerusalem pretty fast, but byzantium (most times) stand their ground pretty good. Don't forget that those good units are usually the most expensive ones in the game aswell (late professional).

The western unit skins are available from the beginning. If you want higher tier units earlier, you can simply remove or change the restrictions in the EDU. But I don't suggest doing that.

i trying too download the file but always wen i try too open sship-V.0.8.rar exe mine anti virus is blocking it and says it a dangerous file ,can it be uploaded on another site?

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Did you guys add any new music to this mod?

Guys what do you think about that instead of Nice back Arras, and instead Rouen add some sort of town in southwest Britain?
    Such as here for example
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Or instead Nice add some city for Portugal? they look miserable with one province

I think Nice did not play such an important role in medieval Europe. What do you think about this?
    Last edited by Gercog; December 05, 2014 at 12:01 PM.

@Overlord: No, we didn't add any new music I think. At least I did not in the last release.^^

@Gercog: Rouen should stay. It was almost as important as London or Paris during that time.

Adding Arras back would make france even more powerful than they are now.

I don't know about adding another region to the english isles..

Nice is strategically pretty important, altough the town itself might not have been of great importance I admit.

I know that portugal looks tiny, but well they actually were.

@stevie: I'd love to, but my internet is really slow unfortunately..

agree about Rouen. then instead of Caen add a city in Britain? because I think the two cities in Normandy too much

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    @Cloud: Yes they are, I haven't changed anything about them. I didn't really have time to enhance or change the rum-roster that much. :/

@Juanplay: They roll over your map? In my games, the islamic factions are definitely not rolling over the map. They sometimes eliminate jerusalem pretty fast, but byzantium (most times) stand their ground pretty good. Don't forget that those good units are usually the most expensive ones in the game aswell (late professional).

The western unit skins are available from the beginning. If you want higher tier units earlier, you can simply remove or change the restrictions in the EDU. But I don't suggest doing that.

Okay thanks for reply maybe next time

@Gercog:

Umm yeah so I just found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...cal_population

Seems like england needs to change quite a bit.

Nottingham could easily be replaced by lincoln, which was apparently by far more importance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln...0.E2.80.931066

Norwich would be interesting as a new settlement.

Bristol should probably be replaced with Winchester?

I really don't want to cut Caen though..

I consider that Carthago Caen delenda est!

I think if remove Caen and add a city in the southwest of England, it will increase their chances against Scotland and they will not be removed from their island.
    in Normandy enough one Rouen but that's just my opinion)

Apparently there was no important settlement in the southwest though. The big and important settlements missing on the map are all in the northeast of england..

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

English troops have German generals and voices in my game.

Try installing the soundfix according to the tutorial I posted a few pages back.