Page 19 of 361 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469119 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

right. sorry. should have read through the thread before posting.

Is there a non-native names version?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    @Gercog:

Umm yeah so I just found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...cal_population

Seems like england needs to change quite a bit.

Nottingham could easily be replaced by lincoln, which was apparently by far more importance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln...0.E2.80.931066

Norwich would be interesting as a new settlement.

Bristol should probably be replaced with Winchester?

I really don't want to cut Caen though..
    I live in Norwich! The castle there is constantly reminding us that it was very important to the Normans.

hi

i plan on postin reports from time to time about my french campaign if that is ok. It's only been 40 turns yet and this mod so far has proven to be so much harder then SS6.4, im always short on gold, everything is so expensive and takes alot time to build, its hard to defend properly all regions, when being attacked by both HRE and England let alone build up a stack to invade something. The rebels at the first 20 turns were also a real problem, they all had so many units, most cases i had to wait for someone to battle them before i could think about going there myself.

Anyway here's a first list of stuff:

- Enemy AI (rebel army) abandoned defensive wall (Toulouse settlement) after 2 units of my army deployed ladders. The rebel unit defending moved to another section of the wall that wasnt being attacked.

- When i got merchants guild in Rheims it unlocked merchant cavalry units, but the same did not happen in Paris when i got the same guild.

- I constantly see diplomats making the animation that usually means the AI wants something but it never opens the diplomacy scroll, i had diplomacy with the AI before but they keep coming but nothing happens

- Pope asks to cease hostilies too much, i can't expand. How can i survive being at war with both England and HRE if i can't counter invade.

- Very Generous offers get regected by AI? So far only diplomacy agreement i got with anyone was trade rights.

I keep releasing prisioners in battles, my reputation isn't getting better why? I haven't wasted money on templars chapter houses because i know i probably won't afford to keep the units and most importantly because there seems to be no way i can raise my reputation.

- Conquering rebel settlements is suppose to decrease reputation?

- I get asked to block a port from the moors, but im not at war with them and i have no ports yet, nor can i build them. Seriously? That mission is so troll XD

Senator

I constantly see diplomats making the animation that usually means the AI wants something but it never opens the diplomacy scroll, i had diplomacy with the AI before but they keep coming but nothing happens
    This is them trying to bribe you.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@Gercog:

Umm yeah so I just found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...cal_population

Seems like england needs to change quite a bit.

Nottingham could easily be replaced by lincoln, which was apparently by far more importance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln...0.E2.80.931066

Norwich would be interesting as a new settlement.

Bristol should probably be replaced with Winchester?

I really don't want to cut Caen though..
    Originally, the choice of settlement number for a faction was made depending on its population size. As England was less populated than France, it gets less settlement than in the original SS game and France gets more.

From my point of view, if you want to add an extra settlement in England, Norwich seems the best. I agree with MWY about replacing Nottingham by Lincoln. Caen can be removed as it was less important than Rouen. But note than in that case, England should be stronger on the isle but quite weak against France on the main land.

Regarding Nice, I think that's not the best choice for that area. Still from my point of view, Grasse seems a better choice. It's located just a bit on the West of Nice. That would be more historically accurate and won't change the gameplay.

Beside that, I've managed to repair an old laptop. That should let me resume my work on SSHIP while being able to get a new one. Once again, sorry for the delay.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 08, 2014 at 06:22 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

@Rampage: No, there is no non-native names version currently.

@GenPattonX: Glad to hear that it's difficult!

- About the wall issue: Sounds strange, but we cant change that since the battle AI is from germanicus.

- Merchants Guild: Those units should always be unlocked when building a merchant guild. The code behind that seems right...

- Pope: Best thing you can do is bribe him. I didn't change anything about the ceasehostilities mission compared to vanilla btw.

Also, one of the factions should be excommunicated if they keep attacking you. Then you have free reign on their territories.^^

- Generous offers: that's a bug concerning usually only alliances. Sadly I can't really change that I think. There are some very generous offers getting rejected, and some very demanding ones getting accepted. You just need to sniff out how it works.

- missions: Again, I didn't change them.

- Reputation: Yes, every agressive act you do is affecting your reputation. I mean, even conquering ingame "rebels", if you expand like crazy, other factions should be concerned about your doing. And worried about your expansion.
    Releasing prisoners does increase your reputation still, but not as much as before. The other two options are still worse. So basically if you keep defending and releasing prisoners your reputation will go up, if you're agressive and youre releasing prisoners your reputation will be somewhat even (a bit negative perhaps), and if your agressive and not releasing prisoners your reputation will go down.
    Your reputation also increases automatically over time. There are some more things that affect it positively, like f.e. building church buildings (abbey, cathedral, large cathedral).
    So during times of peace, it's pretty easy to get to a level where you can recruit religious order units. During war, especially amongst catholics, it's difficult.

@lifth: I guess adding Norwich would make england weaker in france, but another positive aspect would be that france would be weaker when "united". They're incredibly powerful once they kick england out right now.

Blog Entries

... @lifth: I guess adding Norwich would make england weaker in france, but another positive aspect would be that france would be weaker when "united". They're incredibly powerful once they kick england out right now.
    Yes I agree. From AI position, I don't mind having England weaker on the main land at the beginning as long as they can survive and become powerful enougth to give some troubles back to France. Right now, France usually becomes powerful as they don't have to face any trouble from the North-West side anymore once England is out of the main land. But if England can come back somehow, that could be interesting.

On top of that, I'd like more Norses naval invasion in England, just to give some troubles to Scots and England as well. But, not sure it can be done in a better way as it is now.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 08, 2014 at 08:00 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

about the merchants guild, i got the merchant cavaly units available, but was only after some turns for some reason.

Lifthrasir , and when you release your patch?

Blog Entries

I'm not able to give you a date yet. I've just fixed an old laptop and have re-installed all I need. I'll do my best to do it as fast as possible.

Have catapults and balistas been removed in this mod? Also, the siege works building only shows i can recruit mangonels, we can't have trebuchets early?

I found a bug, the voices of my generals and diplomats from the english faction sound like germans (they say kaiser).

Blog Entries

Download and install the soundfix that you can find here.

Hello comrades!))
    Finally I finished my long work on the introduction system of dynasties in SSHIP.
    For Example:
    This is the King of France Louis from the Capetian dynasty -
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

He also has a son Louis. And when he comes of age he gets the same ancillaries as his father - Capetian dynasty

Thus it becomes possible to grow your dynasty at the royal throne it makes the game more interesting and historicity

If the project leaders want to see it in mod, i can upload files. If you are interested in this let me know
    Еxcept the Capetian dynasty in France there are more 5 dynasties.
    Also have their dynasty: England, Poland, Hungary, Spain, Aragon, Scotland, the Crusaders, Sicily, Portugal, HRE, Denmark and work is still ongoing))

Senator

It'd be awesome to see this implemented

Blog Entries

That's a good idea. Does it add something (like traits) or is this just for roleplaying purposes? I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    That's a good idea. Does it add something (like traits) or is this just for roleplaying purposes? I'm just curious.
    The main purpose for me was that this ancillaries was passed from father to son. It helps a lot to keep track of the genealogy of the ruling dynasty.
    Being a member of a dynasty of course gives their bonuses Perhaps there is so much more can be prescribed and in the traits too. But I'm not too into it delved, The main I had another task that I described above.
    Perhaps you'll be able to fix it or something to change after i downloaded the file, MWY and you probably know better than me in the traits. But the main thing that it all works

Here's a link to the dynasty - http://dropmefiles.com/gGTCD