Page 20 of 361 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I'll have a look at it. Many thanks for that. Just one more question: are the armories accurate or should I check that as well?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I'll have a look at it. Many thanks for that. Just one more question: are the armories accurate or should I check that as well?
    Better check, because my English is not so good, and describe the translation may not be the same

But if you mean whether this ancillaries gives a bonus to a weapon or armor, the answer is no not give.

Blog Entries

No, my meaning was about the small shield beside the attribute.

To all, I've updated the Download Post with the new release (links, installation, features, etc... updated accordingly)
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 09, 2014 at 07:41 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

hi

here's a situation that annoys me sometimes: http://prntscr.com/5ew3ho

I just got Jerusalem and Asqalan (whatever that is XD, oh too bad there is no Kerak anymore by the way, i think it makes anyone who as seen the movie Kingdom of Heaven a bit sad about it, seriously delete Nizza settlement and give something to portugal or return us Kerak plz XD)

Anyway what i wanted to say is, i saw how undefensless Acre was so i wanted to attack immediatly with some units before Egypt could reinforce it, but guess what... i can't because there are 2 completely insignificant Poland armies on the way blocking my movement points -.- Seriously.... That block is suppose to represent the threat of another army but there shouldn't be any threat if im moving like 5 or 6 units next to a stack of 2 Poland units. There should be something that disables that block if my moving forces are 2 or 3 times stronger than of the foreign army. I believe this makes sense.

Oh and why, oh why did u change Poland colour to pink! Hungary was pink already, there is little distinction between them now and white colour with red border was so much better. I can't be the only one thinking pink poland doesn't look better, i mean, i used to play with that faction but now i dont want to... meh :/
    I also preffered Egypt with it's original colour.

Oh and it makes no sense at all to suffer reputation hits when conquering the cruzade target or its nearby settlements, actually it should be very good to conquer arab/muslim settlements, i was "untrustworthy" before i got Jerusalem and Asaqlan, after that i got down do "Deceitful" and lost my rights to recruit religious units... -.- This is so annoying...

Blog Entries

Not sure we can do something about the blocking issue. I think that's a vanilla issue.

Regarding your reputation, I guess that's because you're playing as a Catholic faction. Just try to consider the Crusade from the Muslim point of view: they surely won't like you. Also, remember that the more powerful you become, the more the other factions are scared by you and the more they hate you, considering that they can become your next target. That sounds logical to me.

No, my meaning was about the small shield beside the attribute.

To all, I've updated the Download Post with the new release (links, installation, features, etc... updated accordingly)
    Coats of arms for all dynasties I did with the historical accuracy, do not worry about it

Blog Entries

Ok thanks Mate.

Not sure we can do something about the blocking issue. I think that's a vanilla issue.

Regarding your reputation, I guess that's because you're playing as a Catholic faction. Just try to consider the Crusade from the Muslim point of view: they surely won't like you. Also, remember that the more powerful you become, the more the other factions are scared by you and the more they hate you, considering that they can become your next target. That sounds logical to me.
    oh then this game has a problem i never realised.... there should be reputation regarding catholic factions, reputation regarding muslim factions and reputation regarding pagans, but i guess that's unlikely to be able to change in the game. This is sad because it doesnt make sense for catholic factions to hate me when it's the case of a cruzade. Since this is the way the game works then i'm not sure u guys should have made it harder to have good reputation, i mean now catholic factions hate me for no logical and realistic reason... and let's talk about the Pope, how confuse must he be, he has to love me for being the first faction to reach the Holy Land and conquer it, but at the same time he has to hate me for conquering more settlements.... lol this makes no sense

Blog Entries

Well, MWY is the one able to answer to your question. May be he has a secret card to fix that

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gercog View Post
    Better check, because my English is not so good, and describe the translation may not be the same
    If you want to send me the English ones you have I can proof-read and correct them for you.

Asqalan = Ascalon, correct? If so it was a pretty important place at the time, although Kerak was too.

And your reputation with the Pope does go up when you take a Crusade target, but your reputation globally goes down. Think of it as if the Pope appreciates your personal (i.e. the King of France's personal) efforts for the cause, but that the councils and other courts in the world are increasingly scared of your growing power and influence.

If you spend your time not invading places, and instead playing defensively, building buildings like churches, releasing all prisoners from battles if there are any, etc etc, you'll find your reputation goes up. Spending a little time being peaceful after a military campaign is a good way to balance yourself and consolidate your power without ending up at war with everyone.

when Saladin defeated the army crossed the Scriptures speak of the same medieval heavy cavalry crossed the cavalry prepare Saladin had discreetly.
    He had an army composed of 30,000 soldiers, including 10,000 heavy cavalry.
    The name of the Arab cavalry does not exist, it is an invention.
    The Muslims had swordsmen as the canon of holy sepulcher.
    Medieval 2 Total War does not really respect the history and especially not the Muslims, it is a game that favored factions chretiennes ......

Quote Originally Posted by GenPattonx View Post
    hi
    Oh and why, oh why did u change Poland colour to pink! Hungary was pink already, there is little distinction between them now and white colour with red border was so much better. I can't be the only one thinking pink poland doesn't look better, i mean, i used to play with that faction but now i dont want to... meh :/
    I also preffered Egypt with it's original colour.
    Drop it in you data folder and Poland will be white and Egypt as the original SS - http://dropmefiles.com/sBKeL

@GenPattonX: Well, egypt being green is historically pretty accurate. I only changed poland's color because I thought it would fit better on the map.

@Salahoudin: What are you even trying to say with your 4 posts?

@The reputation discussion: Larkin's post is basically exactly showing my thoughtprocess behind the crusade issue. I mean basically everybody besides the pope won't be happy with you taking a crusade target. Your reputation with him still increases really really much, and your standings with other catholic factions go up as well. But all other religions obviously shouldn't approve your crusading act.

is there any chance u guys could get reputation to be separated by religions?

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    @GenPattonX: Well, egypt being green is historically pretty accurate. I only changed poland's color because I thought it would fit better on the map.

@Salahoudin: What are you even trying to say with your 4 posts?

@The reputation discussion: Larkin's post is basically exactly showing my thoughtprocess behind the crusade issue. I mean basically everybody besides the pope won't be happy with you taking a crusade target. Your reputation with him still increases really really much, and your standings with other catholic factions go up as well. But all other religions obviously shouldn't approve your crusading act.

it's a problem with my keyboard is that someone can create myself a Muslim heavy cavalry as pictured and swordsmen Muslim Andalusians as a file.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GenPattonx View Post
    is there any chance u guys could get reputation to be separated by religions?
    I don't think this is possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salahoudin View Post
    ...when Saladin defeated the army crossed the Scriptures speak of the same medieval heavy cavalry crossed the cavalry prepare Saladin had discreetly.
    He had an army composed of 30,000 soldiers, including 10,000 heavy cavalry.
    The name of the Arab cavalry does not exist, it is an invention.
    The Muslims had swordsmen as the canon of holy sepulcher.
    Medieval 2 Total War does not really respect the history and especially not the Muslims, it is a game that favored factions chretiennes ......
    We know there are numerous mistakes in the original game regarding the Muslim factions. We're doing our best to correct that within the game limitations. Middle East was more complex than shown in game. But due to the game limitations, we can't represent all Muslim factions at that period unfortunately.
    The mod Broken Crescent did a very good job by modifying the game to focuse it more on Middle East. From my point of view, the result is great. That's why and with their approval, we use some of their units.
    Also, if you have historical sources, don't hesitate to share them. We always try to improve SSHIP.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 11, 2014 at 08:03 AM.

[QUOTE = Lifthrasir; 14247549] Nous savons qu'il ya de nombreux misakes dans le jeu initial concernant les factions musulmanes. Nous faisons de notre mieux pour corriger cela dans les limites de jeu. Moyen-Orient était plus complexe que montré dans le jeu. Mais en raison des limites de jeu, nous ne pouvons pas représenter toutes les factions musulmanes à cette époque malheureusement.
    Le Croissant brisé mod a fait un très bon travail en modifiant le jeu pour focuse plus sur le Moyen-Orient. De mon point de vue, le résultat est excellent. Ce est pourquoi et avec leur approbation, nous utilisons certaines de leurs unités.
    Aussi, si vous avez des sources historiques, ne hésitez pas à les partager. Nous essayons toujours d'améliorer SSHIP. [/ QUOTE]

Thank you for your help.
    I am a moderator on the forum:

http://www.totalwar-turkiye.com/

http://www.totalwar-turkiye.com/twforum/

We need your experience to modding.
    It is hoped that one day you could create a Muslim cavalry as if the link above

Here swordsmen Muslims (Saladin) the equal of Christians Swordsmen

Andalousian and Fatimide Cavalerie Heavy

Muslim swordsman

Swordsman Fatimid

Hatin

Heavy cavalerie crusade vs heavy cavalerie Muslims