Page 28 of 361 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378128 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Senator

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Some more pictures, for your viewing pleasure... as before bear in mind this is an earlier version so apologies if some of the things I'm pointing out have already been corrected.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

THE MOST USELESS MERCHANT OF ALL TIME.

Both Cumans and Mongols had priests like this?

These Fatimid dudes are silver surfers. Annoyingly I didn't hover over to check what unit they are. They're some kind of heavy infantry, not ghulams.

Any reaons why this HRE army would stand there? There was a Crusade on Paris at the time, which the HRE had joined, yet it refused to... it just stayed there. Which was annoying, considering the HRE could desperately have done with those troops. Probably just an AI aggressiveness issue.

Noticed that at some level of cities (in this case, Alexandria with ballista towers) siege equipment is too small to reach the walls. They get on there anyway, but they appear out of nowhere and it looks silly. Just an aesthetic thing. Not sure if fixable.

The Sahara Desert is quite the island Still spawned an army outside Jerusalem that instantly took it, though.

So then how is he a usurper???

The Absolute/Constitutional Monarchy building chains both only have this as descriptor.

This one has placeholder images, too.

1300 was conveniently the year I achieved my victory conditions, so I thought I'd screenshot the world at the moment of my triumph...

The Sahara is known for its flash floods... and of course, that particular part of desert is where those buildings are...

I think there may be a pathing issue here? This rebel army has been sitting there for years. I don't think the Scots are capable of getting to it?

Fatimid family members spawn here, which is... a bit weird.

I think this trait line is bugged, since this merchant has never tried to put another out of business - a merchant came to try and seize his assets, which he resisted, yet ended up with this trait.

Mercenary German foot knights have the same issue as the Frankish knights - they disappear when the camera isn't zoomed in on them, and they have a weird texture.

Why doesn't this have an effect? There are loads of things that would make sense. +1 to troop morale, to popularity, to command... what's the point in having the trait if it doesn't have an effect?

That's pretty much it for now, more will come shortly I am sure! Hope something has been of use/entertainment...

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

The Sahara is known for its flash floods... and of course, that particular part of desert is where those buildings are...
    Rofl, nice one!

actually the merchant isn't useless, sure he doesn't make a profit but at least he can pay his bills so 0 is better than -1 ;p

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Regarding the Scots rebels, is it a general who turned rebel or is it a rebal army from the start? Not sure you can answer to this but that's because if it's a general who turned rebel, it seems that you (or the AI) can't attack him. also, in that case, he has no movement points.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

To all, here is a small teaser regarding the next patch (to make you patient ).

The Turkish Ghulams (from Broken Crescent original model):

The Ghulams (made by Kahvipannu):
    [/URL]

I hope to be able to post more soon. Enjoy!!!
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Regarding the Scots rebels, is it a general who turned rebel or is it a rebal army from the start? Not sure you can answer to this but that's because if it's a general who turned rebel, it seems that you (or the AI) can't attack him. also, in that case, he has no movement points.
    It's a captain, not a general, but I'm not sure if its a spawned rebel army or an army that's gone turncoat.

Out of interest, how long do you think until the next version? Not asking for a release date, but I'm wondering if I should wait for the next version before beginning a new campaign or go for 0.8.3. I've still got some ways to go with this 0.8.2 one so months away is still worth waiting for me

Blog Entries

Well, I don't like to say a release date when I'm not sure to be able to respect it. My guess is that I should be able to release the patch within 2 weeks.

Senator

Well, I don't like to say a release date when I'm not sure to be able to respect it. My guess is that I should be able to release the patch within 2 weeks.
    Works for me, I was only asking for "weeks", "couple months", "six years" "when you've sired your seventh child" etc

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

The Ghulams (made by Kahvipannu):
    Just a little thing to add, the new mount is based on Marka-horses from Rusichi, I just reworked the skins/uv-maps somewhat, and made new gear.

A bit more clear pic (never mind the SS logo at bottom, too lazy to edit it out atm )

Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 22, 2015 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Just a little thing to add, the new mount is based on Marka-horses from Rusichi, I just reworked the skins/uv-maps somewhat, and made new gear.

A bit more clear pic (never mind the SS logo at bottom, too lazy to edit it out atm )

They look great what faction do they belong to?

Blog Entries

Fatimids, Zengids, Abbasids and Turks if I remember it correctly.

Are there gonna be european new models?

Blog Entries

There will be also new models for Templar and Hospitaller Knights, Crusader Sergeants and Crusader Crossbowmen. There will also be a new model for Elephants. All these are from Kahvipannu. That's it for the moment but subject to change.

I recall I saw lots of his european units, especially late knights and Norman units. I just wonder why almost everybody strives to implement arabian and bysantine units, but almost no1 ever pays attention to the european ones, though they usually look much uglier...

Are you seriously telling me sandy's units look ugly?

Anyways after we finish implementing Kahvi's units and bowstrings hopefully, I will diverse the european unit roster a bit using sandy's models. It will just take a bit of time.

Well, yeah, Sandy's mod is the only one I guess which finally focused on the europeans. The other have never seen the light or forever WIPs. Everybody just always works on Byz and Muslim...

Blog Entries

From my point of view, there are many factions models which need to be implemented. Basically, we have started by the Muslim factions because we added several of them (Rum, Zengid) and we'd like to have different rosters for each of them or at least a bit more specific for each of them.

I agree that this is great to have Sandy's units for European factions. They needed it. We just need to fix that animation issue and that would be fine.

Edit: I've added all the units I had from Kahvipannu. I just need to make the unit and unit info cards accordingly. However, it seems that Kahvi have some more for us.

There will be also new models for Templar and Hospitaller Knights, Crusader Sergeants and Crusader Crossbowmen.
    But for them to have used units of broken Crescent mod, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, you're going to replace the units from BC mod or other vanilla units?

Blog Entries

We will replace the BC units if/when necessary and the vanilla one as much as possible. Kahvipannu made his units originally for SS7.0. But as the project seems to not going as fast as expected, Kahvipannu accepted to share his work with us. Note that his units were made on Ichon's researches which are very accurate.

Kahvipannu Units thread updated with more pics.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 26, 2015 at 04:00 AM.

Hey guys, how about another portion of rational criticism? :p

Some new resource strat map models' look is a bit confusing.

If I zoom out camera max especially:
    Wine looks more like a mound, a cemetery or a mausoleum. Vanilla wine-glass suites better.
    Fruits has a model more appropriate for Timber resource - just a bunch of trees. Default SS model was quite appropriate.
    Fish ... is just a couple of houses and a boat? Wasn't old Fish model good enough for ...erm Fish resourse?
    Grain looks just some 3 squares of different colours. Again the vanilla model was best.
    Glass looks like a small camp with a round shelter in center. Vanilla model was fine.
    Current Furs model is more appropriate for some "Bears" resource or something like "Hunt".
    Pepper model looks more like Coal resource than actual pepper. Vanilla spices model would fit.

Suggestions for new resource types:
    Weapons - could use a model similar to heroic victory icon.
    Cheese...yum! Could look like a yellow triangle next to a yellow sphere.
    Ale - could look like some barrels next to each other. Mb one lying and one standing.
    Horses - erm, a horse model?

That's just my subjective opinion. Don't consider as an offense!