Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Aren't the byzantine infantry units like the skoutatoi and the Castrophilakae are bit too heavily armored for the time period?Most sources I found mention that the later byzantine army usually employed lighter infantry with heavy armor usually being reserved for cavalry and officers.Skoutatoi also seem to have been very uncommon and are almost never mentioned in later 12th century sources some of the untis int he current roster seem to be more appropriate for a 8th or 9th century byzantine army.
    Absolutely ! Byzantine units need to be changed and I'm the one to do it. We will have to wait for the 0.9.8 version.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Absolutely ! Byzantine units need to be changed and I'm the one to do it. We will have to wait for the 0.9.8 version.
    Sounds amazing! Best of luck and wishes.

@Po0gles
    Thanks for the report, we actually started to discuss AI on dev forum, so your tests are very timely

I agree on defend_normal change, I came to similar conclusions when I was going through the file but haven't tested it.
    Could you please upload the your file here?

Now <friendly-to-enemy-strength-ratio> of 1.75 is too high in SSHIP indeed, but it's main effect is on battle AI (it makes AI cautious/cowardly and back down and form ranks aka more realistic), campaign AI is minimaly affected.

Campaign AI main influence on willing to attack is hidden in this file descr_campaign_ai_db.xml (invade priorities) and descr_campaign_db.xml (this value: <str_limit_weak float=) although the latter doesnt matter because its too often overwritten by the former.

Very nice to hear, I think the AI is a very important part of every mod . Thank you for the additional info, and I am glad to have helped. It seems my post got removed though, I suppose you are not meant to have overly long posts concerning this topic on this forum? Anyways, by "your file" I suppose you mean my campaign_ai_db file? I am not sure if I can somehow embed the file in my reply, so I will post it as a google drive link, hope you don't mind. As I said in my previous post, all I did was change most defend_decisions to defend_normal, I only left defend_deep for the "if at war and vastly outnumbered" condition (and for some missions/pope). Oh and I also increased some invasion priorities for Ai_default from 750 to 1000, but nothing too major (I think )

File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZLd...ew?usp=sharing

Should be downloadble via this link, please let me know if it doesnt work

@Po0gles
    Yes, that is the file I meant, downloaded it no problem, thanks! Will test it

Hello.
    Can anyone upload mod https://mega.nz/file/xaRw1DxJ#YKFLee...pGXt8Tn9y7GBjQ to google drive?

Mega has limit to download about 2 GB, size of mod 5GB, so I cannot download mod

Hear ye, hear ye!

SSHIP 098 is now in closed beta for the devs, and will be available in the coming weeks, at least if we do not discover some major flaw.

It will include:
    - the great KCC units by kostic
    - JLMP beautiful sound and music mods
    - Macaras excellent work on family trees
    - More scripted faction evolutions
    - Lots of tweaks and improvement by Jurand and the rest of the team
    - The first step of new system that will track the player rate of expansion: AI will react to blietzkrieg.
    - One-folder install: unzip in the right plae and you're good to go.

And more! I'll also put up a torrent download for those who prefer.

Thanks for the support, feedback and bug reports, and stay tuned!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye!

SSHIP 098 is now in closed beta for the devs, and will be available in the coming weeks, at least if we do not discover some major flaw.

It will include:
    - the great KCC units by kostic
    - JLMP beautiful sound and music mods
    - Macaras excellent work on family trees
    - More scripted faction evolutions
    - Lots of tweaks and improvement by Jurand and the rest of the team
    - The first step of new system that will track the player rate of expansion: AI will react to blietzkrieg.
    - One-folder install: unzip in the right plae and you're good to go.

And more! I'll also put up a torrent download for those who prefer.

Thanks for the support, feedback and bug reports, and stay tuned!
    Good news!! It's nice to know it!
    A question, also the next version will include Nikkosaiz units( romans) and other change in units as new georgians units models?
    In my opinion i like to see new historical units in the game and also changes in starting positions for the factions ( Giorgios comments), also i would like to see more historical invasion in future versions( almohad invasion, Makuria invasion...) for more flavour in the game.

For other hand thank so much to all the sship team for their effort, for me and a lot of players is the best mod for medieval 2.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Sorry friend, this beta version does not yet contain the units of Nikossaiz, nor any new Georgian units because the work is far from finished on this side.
    In any case, as expected, this version contains my units (the last ones I put online too) and will have the advantage for all of us of being one and the same version.
    Indeed, too many different versions made the fixes more and more difficult to achieve.

For my part, I continue my planned work, including the installation of the units of Nikossaiz and of course, the general pursuit of the improvement of the units over the ages.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Sorry friend, this beta version does not yet contain the units of Nikossaiz, nor any new Georgian units because the work is far from finished on this side.
    In any case, as expected, this version contains my units (the last ones I put online too) and will have the advantage for all of us of being one and the same version.
    Indeed, too many different versions made the fixes more and more difficult to achieve.

For my part, I continue my planned work, including the installation of the units of Nikossaiz and of course, the general pursuit of the improvement of the units over the ages.
    ok friend, in my opinion it is good to know that your units are going to be included in the mod but on the other hand I had the illusion that the Roman units of Nikkosaiz were included in the 0.9.8 version. I will keep waiting to play in the future with that great Roman unit roster
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

So good to hear. Can't wait for 0.9.8

Good news!!!
    I guess 0.9.8 wont be save compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by WitchKing View Post
    Good news!!!
    I guess 0.9.8 wont be save compatible?
    Indeed, your guess is right!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Unrelated : Total War : Rome is getting Remastered on 29 April 2021 , and one of the best things is that the game engine is now 64 bit ( so it uses more than 2-4gb RAM and its much more stable).

Heres hoping one day Medieval gets the same love......

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Unrelated : Total War : Rome is getting Remastered on 29 April 2021 , and one of the best things is that the game engine is now 64 bit ( so it uses more than 2-4gb RAM and its much more stable).

I hope not. I don't think the mods would be playable so the whole work would have been done from scratch. I'd be better to get a new engine and a new game - Med3. I think the music and the graphics are great in Troy TW, so if the battles would be fixed, the AI improved, the historicity brought on board, etc. etc., then I'd go for Med3.

The new graphics in RTWR is very Civ6-like. I really prefer the Med2-modded environments. I like more info during the battles though (those circles above the units).

Civis

It's very likely that Medieval total war in some form will be annouced because of recent disscusion about trademarking the brand.

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Same here, it would be nice having M2TW back with more smooth controls and gameplay

This whole RTWR probably a test if proved successful, M2TWR may be coming soon. Because at the moment CA don't have a future plan to remaster classic games

It doesn't look so good imo. Also a wrong choice if you ask me: there is a better looking Rome (II) with superb mods like DEI. So why a remaster of Rome??
    A remaster of Medieval II would have been a better choice. It could be a "bridge to " while we wait for Medieval 3 , although like Jurand said: we will lose this mod (and others)
    Last edited by WitchKing; March 26, 2021 at 03:10 AM.