Page 34 of 361 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243445984134 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Senator

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Medieval II can't utilise all the power of a modern system. So it can lag anyway, even with a high end system, because it can't use all cores etc.

It also doesn't really work with missile troops on walls. They have a weird aiming problem, and rarely fire enough. Sieges play out differently than they do in Rome.

And cavalry are strong to the point of being OP, one charge will annihilate a unit. 100 elite knights in a unit, when controlled by the player, could win a battle by themselves.

Like I say, if you want to change it, you can.

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Are the team thinking of implementing the bow string animation i keep seeing in the newer mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Tighes_Hood View Post
    Are the team thinking of implementing the bow string animation i keep seeing in the newer mods?
    As I remember it, the team wants to implement bowstring animations, it's just that it's a massive work for each archer unit, and each upgraded skin for each.
    That said, Lifthrasir has been poking around the resource thread containing the animations lately, so maybe there'll be a surprise coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Medieval II can't utilise all the power of a modern system. So it can lag anyway, even with a high end system, because it can't use all cores etc.

It also doesn't really work with missile troops on walls. They have a weird aiming problem, and rarely fire enough. Sieges play out differently than they do in Rome.

And cavalry are strong to the point of being OP, one charge will annihilate a unit. 100 elite knights in a unit, when controlled by the player, could win a battle by themselves.

Like I say, if you want to change it, you can.
    In fairness im blown away by the lag, even a battle of 800x800 is a stuttering mess, including slow motion for running / charging speed, quite put me off to be honest, why is it so stuttery?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    In fairness im blown away by the lag, even a battle of 800x800 is a stuttering mess, including slow motion for running / charging speed, quite put me off to be honest, why is it so stuttery?
    Never had any problems with 800 v 800. It's only when you get up to about 4000 does it start lagging for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Never had any problems with 800 v 800. It's only when you get up to about 4000 does it start lagging for me.
    Actually i take that back, i had a few really stuttering battles, they were only small ones aswell, since i've had a few full stack battles without issue..seems it might have been a shadow issue, I turned shadows from extreme to Very high and it sorted it??, I do seem to remember something here with AMD cards and shadows?

Im still very interested in uping the men per unit number, which file do i need to unpack for this? and indeed, will it all be lost when patching to the next instalment?

Another question: is it right that i cant replenish damaged units?
    Last edited by Poacher886; March 21, 2015 at 04:30 PM.

Actually i take that back, i had a few really stuttering battles, they were only small ones aswell, since i've had a few full stack battles without issue..seems it might have been a shadow issue, I turned shadows from extreme to Very high and it sorted it??, I do seem to remember something here with AMD cards and shadows?

Im still very interested in uping the men per unit number, which file do i need to unpack for this? and indeed, will it all be lost when patching to the next instalment?

Another question: is it right that i cant replenish damaged units?
    damaged units can be replenished, but with a chance
    (ex: when your units taken prisoner, not killed by enemy and you win that battle, the units will replenished)

AFAIK, there's general traits can raise the chance of replenished units, but i forget the name

Ok thanks, I thought i was missing something! I do seem to remember merging units all the time years back. On Generals building watchtowers....i also remember being able to build forts..is this correct?

Ok thanks, I thought i was missing something! I do seem to remember merging units all the time years back. On Generals building watchtowers....i also remember being able to build forts..is this correct?
    not anymore, the latest version of SSHIP disabled build able forts, because the AI faction more focused on fort rather than nearby settlement to defend

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    As I remember it, the team wants to implement bowstring animations, it's just that it's a massive work for each archer unit, and each upgraded skin for each.
    That said, Lifthrasir has been poking around the resource thread containing the animations lately, so maybe there'll be a surprise coming soon?
    Damned!!! You got me

That's true that I'm trying to implement the animations by replacing the original ones by the ones made by FabiusBile (which are based on Banzaï ones). My main problem is that I'm starting with 0 knowledge about them. Now, it's better but my 2 first attemps unfortunately failed. I'm on the 3rd one now. So fingers crossed.
    But as PerXX mentionned, that's quite a big job to do.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Played my fist siege yesterday....Attacked a wooden Palisade, Once up the ladders and through the siege tower, my units started to battle on the walls, but then came to a hault when i ordered more units up the same? they then spend most of the rest of the battle staring at each other until eventually the enemy routed. Is this how it was, or perhaps a one of? dont seem to remember much issue with sieges before.

Blog Entries

I don't think this is relating to SSHIP. From my opinion, this is due to the fact that you wanted to put too many units on the walls on 1 spot.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

In Vainlla SS, I almost always have to contend with various AI factions,notably the Fatamids and the turks,when the Mongols arrive as the Byzantines. I understand that there's a way in SSHIP to possibly get them to not fight me,until the mongol threat is over. Does it actually work?

Also how much more expensive are units,compared to vanilla Stainless Steel?

Is there a sub-submod so I can increase unit size?.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael11 View Post
    In Vainlla SS, I almost always have to contend with various AI factions,notably the Fatamids and the turks,when the Mongols arrive as the Byzantines. I understand that there's a way in SSHIP to possibly get them to not fight me,until the mongol threat is over. Does it actually work?

Also how much more expensive are units,compared to vanilla Stainless Steel?
    Unless you try the diplomatic way, I don't think there's a way to avoid the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by JarlBalgruuf
    Is there a sub-submod so I can increase unit size?.
    You have to do it yourself by modifying the EDU.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 29, 2015 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Unless you try the diplomatic way, I don't think there's a way to avoid the conflict.

You have to do it yourself by modifying the EDU.
    How to do that? is there a guide?

Blog Entries

Check that post. you should find what you're looking for in it.

Blog Entries

Hi all, just a quick message to remind you that the Modding Awards 2013 are open for vote. Don't hesitate to vote for your favorite Mod, Submod and Modder. You can vote here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Modding-Awards

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I feel I must tell you how much I appreciate the outstanding work you have done on this submod. This and Third Age are my favourite mods in any TW game. Can we expect a new family tree for the Romans in the update cos it sucks playing with Alexius as Emperor in 1132.

Also I believe that unrest is far too high in this mod, I can barely keep Ikonion even after 150 turns. I keep a governor in the city, a full garrison, taxes very low and daily races and this only barely keeps it from rebelling. I have no choice but to exterminate captured cities which I hate doing and even that is only a short term solution because the growth rates are so high. On the other hand capturing cities is ridiculously easy, I destroyed Rum without fighting a single field battle, I just captured their poorly defended cities and they were gone in about 10 turns. Their armies just sat in the field without trying to intervene. I would suggest implementing a garrison script for capitals and key AI cities and reducing the unrest.

Also I would remove most ancillaries which are useless to make room for the important ones. Like adding Exarchos, Megas domestikos, Domestikos ton scholon etc. for the Romans.

Mh well that shouldnt happen. I will test that, but usually the AI should defend their settlements no matter what if they dont have a lot of provinces.

Garrison scripts increase turn times by a lot if I'm correct. In general I'm against this script, but perhaps for capitals it makes sense. Only if the player can use it as well though.
    Perhaps we can introduce a new building which reduces settlement growth for capitals. Then again we would need some kind of script, since you shouldnt be able to build that building in your own capital. Perhaps I can work something out..^^

I actually reduced the chance to get those random ancillaries quite a bit (for the not yet released version). I don't see the need to remove them completely.
    The byzantines already have this special military trait system, which improves them quite a lot. I think what you suggest might be possible, but we would need to look at the balance of those traits or ancillaries since simply adding them to the additional traits would make them OP I guess.