Page 356 of 361 FirstFirst ... 256306331346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361 LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,120 of 7210

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Not yet, if we did religion modding we would first implement both islamic currents: chiites and sunnites
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Hi! Still loving the mod. Playing as Norway still, and my invasion of Lithuania is going strong! The Rus (whom have conquered Novgorod) have allied with Lithuania unexpectedly, and now their armies are giving me some trouble; but my forces stand strong!

Question: I have been relying on some very chivalrous governors basically my entire playthru (Turn 165 - a couple are the 1st player kings brother-in-laws!) and are in there late 80's. How long can these guys live up to? 100? 95? 90? Just curious, because I want to transfer their titles a couple years before their ultimate demise to their successors, but desperately need to cling onto their bonuses until their dying breath!

i think my longest-lived kings hit about 90, never seen any hit 100. they were almost always kings too, don't remember any nobles getting too old, maybe to 76. even with senility and loss of learning, their extreme chivalry/dread traits built up over a lifetime negate the bad traits. basically, don't retire your generals to the countryside like the mod guide suggests; work them until death. but do start transferring over ancillaries to a younger man

Hi,
    While playing my Castille game I've noticed, that in the conquered provinces I have continuous 30-45% unrest, despite crowning my king and having them whithin my borders for at least 100 years. Is there a way to negate this, besides aformentioned solutions, which apparently yield no results?

Quote Originally Posted by Catlilina View Post
    Hi,
    While playing my Castille game I've noticed, that in the conquered provinces I have continuous 30-45% unrest, despite crowning my king and having them whithin my borders for at least 100 years. Is there a way to negate this, besides aformentioned solutions, which apparently yield no results?
    in my scotland campaign, i was having the hardest time of my life trying to occupy france. every single settlement i took had so much unrest, even with sacking them, governing them, erecting gallows. had to staff all of the taken cities with full armies just to stay in the blue/yellow. could not understand how the french could be so resistant. so many rebellions.

however, in the east against the HRE, i would take huge german cities and they would be in the GREEN, even without sacking, even without GARRISON. wtf??? they were perfectly docile populations. granted, they were huge status, and i notice large cities that stop growing don't scale very well with population/order, they don't get the next tier of giant order bonus buildings, but they can't grow any larger to get there (unless AI grows the city by their cheats and you take it over).

some people on this forum told me that spies can cause disorder, and i think that's what it was. they were mounting disorder that was tipping my cities just barely into chaos, my entire french front was open to spies and i only cared about conquering. ever since then, i staff every single frontier city with spies, and i keep them moving outward as i grow. i even keep spies with all my fighting generals now, because the french weren't winning on the field but assassinated so many of my generals. i've never had AI do that to me before SSHIP. i actually had to run away my great armies for fear of them, like Saladin being afraid of the Hashashin.

you need to keep your cities staffed with a spy each, until you're sure the infection of spies is cleared, and they're like roaches once they're inside, you can't know they're in (only guess, by unexplainable unrest). pretty much have to wait for their lifespan to run out, could be 30+ years. at least new spies will be unable to breach though. also, be mindful of LARGE cities that have 0% growth, they seem to be the most vulnerable to this spy problem.

hey i want to ask a question in campaign script there's a section called turcoman help which means a character is spawned in the campaign map if some conditions are realised , is it possible to give these characters ancilliaries during scripting process and is it possible to be spawned after a number of turns . another question is it possible to create a new conditions but only in late era or after gunpowder discovery and these characters names could be selected among 10 names not all names for this faction

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

Hello i just started my first campaign since months. i'm playing as England and i'm really struggling with money. My army upkeep is around 17 000 which is massive assuming i don't even have that much units right now. i've counted all the upkeep of all my units and it's around 8500.

Why is it double the actual value? i'm playing on hard campaign difficulty and at turn 80 now. Also suddenly i can build baltic trade building in London, is this normal?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by louigi View Post
    Hello i just started my first campaign since months. i'm playing as England and i'm really struggling with money. My army upkeep is around 17 000 which is massive assuming i don't even have that much units right now. i've counted all the upkeep of all my units and it's around 8500.
    Why is it double the actual value? i'm playing on hard campaign difficulty and at turn 80 now. Also suddenly i can build baltic trade building in London, is this normal?
    I think the game engine does count the upkeep in the right way...
    Baltic Trade - yes, it'll be available once Hanseatic events happen. What's more, London is one of five places with unique Hanseatic building.

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Not yet, if we did religion modding we would first implement both islamic currents: chiites and sunnites
    Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    Is there any plan to split pagan religion? Like, Lithuania will got Romuva, then Cumans and Mongols will got Tengriism
    We've got still slots for both additional religion (+1 Muslim, +1 Pagan), so it's perfectly possible (if there're modding time to pull it off :-)

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I think is because this faction is "Crusade States" then it encompasses the kingdom of Jerusalem and all its principalities including Antioch, Edessa and Tripoli, to represent all the Latin crusaders in one since there are no more factions slots available, something similar happens with the HRE, we know that it was not a state centralized if not composed of principalities, but right now it cannot be represented in the game
    indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by MoorsihSultan View Post
    hey i want to ask a question in campaign script there's a section called turcoman help which means a character is spawned in the campaign map if some conditions are realised , is it possible to give these characters ancilliaries during scripting process and is it possible to be spawned after a number of turns . another question is it possible to create a new conditions but only in late era or after gunpowder discovery and these characters names could be selected among 10 names not all names for this faction
    yes, it's possible - and this is a perfect occassion to create a minimod :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    in my scotland campaign, i was having the hardest time of my life trying to occupy france. every single settlement i took had so much unrest, even with sacking them, governing them, erecting gallows. had to staff all of the taken cities with full armies just to stay in the blue/yellow. could not understand how the french could be so resistant. so many rebellions.

however, in the east against the HRE, i would take huge german cities and they would be in the GREEN, even without sacking, even without GARRISON. wtf??? they were perfectly docile populations. granted, they were huge status, and i notice large cities that stop growing don't scale very well with population/order, they don't get the next tier of giant order bonus buildings, but they can't grow any larger to get there (unless AI grows the city by their cheats and you take it over).

some people on this forum told me that spies can cause disorder, and i think that's what it was. they were mounting disorder that was tipping my cities just barely into chaos, my entire french front was open to spies and i only cared about conquering. ever since then, i staff every single frontier city with spies, and i keep them moving outward as i grow. i even keep spies with all my fighting generals now, because the french weren't winning on the field but assassinated so many of my generals. i've never had AI do that to me before SSHIP. i actually had to run away my great armies for fear of them, like Saladin being afraid of the Hashashin.

you need to keep your cities staffed with a spy each, until you're sure the infection of spies is cleared, and they're like roaches once they're inside, you can't know they're in (only guess, by unexplainable unrest). pretty much have to wait for their lifespan to run out, could be 30+ years. at least new spies will be unable to breach though. also, be mindful of LARGE cities that have 0% growth, they seem to be the most vulnerable to this spy problem.
    Well, this is surprising. It may well be a sloppy coding on my part, or there might be another reason, or it may be just an impression. I may have a look at some point (or maybe somebody elase would have time to have a look? the code is long but I've included a long Table of contents and many explanations.)
    Spies do help to combat other spies but as such don't improve the public order, afaik.

About reputation:

I started a new campaign with Venice today, this time very hard/very hard difficulty and I don't understand how my reputation is already very untrustworthy. i'm at turn 15 and I've conquered 4 rebel settlements( bologna, verona, ancona and milan) which are all in my core territory and i've never attacked another faction.

Did i conquer too fast maybe? But even if i did, it shoudn't matter because all these settlements are part of my core territory right?

I know reputation is important and I read that it was reworked very sophisticated in SSHIP. how is it at very untrusworthy while i've done nothing wrong?

About reputation:

I started a new campaign with Venice today, this time very hard/very hard difficulty and I don't understand how my reputation is already very untrustworthy. i'm at turn 15 and I've conquered 4 rebel settlements( bologna, verona, ancona and milan) which are all in my core territory and i've never attacked another faction.

Did i conquer too fast maybe? But even if i did, it shoudn't matter because all these settlements are part of my core territory right?

I know reputation is important and I read that it was reworked very sophisticated in SSHIP. how is it at very untrusworthy while i've done nothing wrong?
    Louigi, I don't know what happened but it seems something wrong (for sure it is not intended), unless you sacked or exterminated population in the cities ?

I think I sacked 1 or 2 cities maybe but still, it shoudn't be very untrustworthy though? maybe at max untrustworthy

Sorry i have another question, after i sacked milan there were 2 rebel armies for a couple of turns standing there until i finished them. i still have a massive 1800 devastation there that's losing me money. it's been like 5 turns or so and it has barely diminished. How do I get rid of this?

Hahah this is getting beyond ridiculous, it's probably not a error on the modders part, but a couple turns later and the the devastation has now even increased to 2088 in milan! And no there are no armies in the region anymore. If this is permanent it's just absolutely frustrating and game breaking.

Does anyone know what is causing this and if it's a bug or not?

Hahah this is getting beyond ridiculous, it's probably not a error on the modders part, but a couple turns later and the the devastation has now even increased to 2088 in milan! And no there are no armies in the region anymore. If this is permanent it's just absolutely frustrating and game breaking.

the most irritable and probable thing is there are rebel forces hiding in trees, sapping away your trade

noooooo i've searched every single little tree with 2 spies and there's nothing to be found. turn 29 now and still over 2000(!) devastation in Milan, maybe i should upload my save?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8u8d4...iceee.sav/file

is it okay to post here? or should it be in bug reports? ( it's probabaly not a real bug though)

your speed of conquest led to diplomatic penalties, thus your reputation dropped and "Milan" is actually suffering an unrest.

Go to the mods main folder, find a PDF file titled "Diplomacy guide for SSHIP 098" and learn how to play the game.

I know how to play the game. An unrest? in my experience an unrest didn't cause 2000 devastation, only public order penalty. Did you load up my save? then you can see that there's not a single army in the Milan region.

Excuse me, turns out I was impatient. 10-15 turns later and devastation has dropped massively and is now around 400. the ashy grey spots which represent damage to the land in the region are smaller now.

There's some questionable things happening in my sicily campaign..

I'm at turn 72 now. i have bought an alliance with Pisa 10-15 turns ago. We're both at war with Venice and i've just conquered bologna. we're big pals. Pisa has very reliable reputation. suddenly when i was transporting reinorcements from ancona to bologna, the Pisans attacked me(???) Why would they do that? we have an alliance, both fighting against the Venetians and their reputation is very reliable.. it's so irrational and very frustrating.

oh and also AFTER they attacked me, their reputation is still very reliable hahah..
    this sht ruined this campaign.. it was so interesting until this unrealistic thing.

Also a ramdom moorish jihad army spotted near Venice
    Last edited by louigi; January 07, 2024 at 04:37 PM.