Page 54 of 361 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 7210

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I just conquered Nizza.... what on earth is that crappy sample of a settlement doing there ? XD

By the way i think "Mursyah" in Iberic Peninsula has an issue. It's too close to the bridge/river, merchants need to go all the way around(when coming from North) to get to the goodies. The settlement is literally blocking everyone.

And why not delete Norway for new faction on Tunis area ?

Why do all factions have "weird" names? Is it Latin? I ask because I can't tell who they are mostly, specially muslim factions, like who the hell can tell one from another? XD

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

They are called as they were during the game period.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

achilles-91: Because the zirids were there, but at the time they were basically destroyed... So there was no real faction there.

GenPatton: Well, we're kind of an historical submod, so... time for you to learn the historical names!

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    And why not delete Norway for new faction on Tunis area ?
    I disagree/agree with this (in that order).

1). I don't want Norway deleted, I like playing that faction and trying to invade England.
    2). I do want a Tunisian faction, I think the game does need it desperately.

How about Hammadids? They ruled Algeria during the period 1014 - 1152. They could make a good contribution, as they survived the Banu Hilal attack for longer. Alternatively, why not make the Banu Hilal themselves playable?

If we have to remove any faction, we could always cut Scotland. They don't seem to have much point in the game anyway.

Thank you for answer. I thought Zirids were still in power until ayubids came there, because right nwo im readign some book about that area( just a roman).. but its clearly completly fantasy Thank you for explanation

About Scotland, i think i agree. They are least important faction ( But this is just my opinion! ). Still i dont think any faction should be removed for now, there is more important tasks to be done.

Hammamids were never really powerful, they never really had the potential like the zirids... Banu Hilal weren't even a state...

And no, norway won't get deleted. Don't worry.

Blog Entries

I'm against deleting Scotland soon or later because that would give a huge advantage to England as it would be totaly alone on the island. Beside the historical accuracy, we need to consider the gameplay as well.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I agree. Lets just leave factions as they are. It is perfect right now in my opinion. There are more important thing to be done.

I play alot as the Franks, and if it wasn't for Scotland I would get squeezed between England and HRE before i could do anything. Too bad i never see norway or denmark invade england or vice-versa...

Blog Entries

Norway usually does. The Norses land close to York, take it and sometimes they even start to invade Scotland. But it's true that I've never seen them holding their positions there for a long time when controlled by the AI.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Norway usually does. The Norses land close to York, take it and sometimes they even start to invade Scotland. But it's true that I've never seen them holding their positions there for a long time when controlled by the AI.
    I made a few small tweaks to the campaign, in my game I swapped Bristol (castle) with York (small town). So now there is a Castle at York. And a small town at Bristol. I did this so that when Norway attacks York, the castle can quickly become the centre of a new Viking kingdom of Northumbria and soon produce elite Viking units. I am very pleased with this small change.

that's really clever, if it can be considered failry accurate historically maybe that should be a permanent change to implement

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I made a few small tweaks to the campaign, in my game I swapped Bristol (castle) with York (small town). So now there is a Castle at York. And a small town at Bristol. I did this so that when Norway attacks York, the castle can quickly become the centre of a new Viking kingdom of Northumbria and soon produce elite Viking units. I am very pleased with this small change.
    For the human player and/or for the AI as well?

I say it would help the AI

No its obviously not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Random irrelevant rant, just because I've seen this error often: Norse does not refer to Norwegians, but to the combined culture many people refer to as Vikings.
    Viking is a specific occupation(Sailor/Raider/Trader/Explorer). Norse is the culture of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Faroe Islands and such during the so called Viking age.

Blog Entries

Sorry Mate, I know you're right
    I just usually call them "Norses" by lazyness as it's faster to write than "Norvegians"
    But on the fact itself, I agree that "Norse" refers to Scandinavian people and their colonies during the viking age. Norvegians shouldn't be called like that for the game period