Thread: agent limit

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

Default agent limit

Hello, I don't know if this is a bug or not but in my Hungary campaign ( turn 24 and 6 regions) my only spy died but i can't recruit a new one because it says ' agent limit reached'. I already had 2 brothels but decided to build another one thinking this would solve it but no, I have 3 brothels and can't recruit a new spy.

Is there more information somewhere on this forum on what precisely determines the amount of spies/other agents you can have?

I also vaguely remember reading someone post about not being able to recruit new priests in his HRE campaign.. so maybe it's not only with spies?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: agent limit

Have a look ion the export_descr_buildings file for 'agent_limit' and see if the value after is 1. Also look for 'agent' in general to see if you can actually recruit agents. The zero in agent line is the experience level, so don;t be concerned about that.

brothel city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    agent spy 0 requires factions { northern_european, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { middle_eastern, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { eastern_european, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { greek, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { southern_european, }

agent_limit spy 0
    agent_limit spy 1 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource capital

happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires not event_counter FL_policy_shady_connections 1
    happiness_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter FL_policy_shady_connections 1

law_bonus bonus -1

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME
    income_bonus bonus -50
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 2000
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    inn
    }
    }
    ;==================================================================================================================================
    ;=================== INN ============================================================================================
    ;==================================================================================================================================
    inn city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level builders builders1
    {
    capability
    {
    agent spy 0 requires factions { northern_european, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { middle_eastern, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { eastern_european, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { greek, }
    agent spy 0 requires factions { southern_european, }

agent_limit spy 1

Does this mean you can only start to recruit spies when you have at least an inn? So when you have only brothels you can't yet recruit spies

Blog Entries

Close - in the brothel level you can only recruit in the capital, ergo only one spy:
    Code:
    agent_limit spy 0 ; -- cannot ordinarily recruit agent
    agent_limit spy 1 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource capital ; -- can only recruit in 'capital'
    Once you have the inn level you can recruit anywhere, as many agents as you have inns.

oooh now understand haha i forgot none of these 3 brothels were in my capital szekersferhar( i decided not to build a brothel there because there would be often important generals there and i know brothels can give bad traits)

thank you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Hi wise Gigantus, currently i am working in a unit minimod for sship, improving a lot of files for support sship developers and maybe for include it in the next version, but i have some question about the files:
    1.How can I make a normal unit a mercenary unit? What files do I need to modify?

2. How can I add a unit to a faction? I mean do they need to have the textures in battlemodels? because if not, I understand that the silver surfer units will appear...

3. And how can I open the battle file, which Kostic works with for unit modification?

Thanks in advance genious
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

1. Enter the unit it in the descr_mercenaries file. Add the 'mercenary_unit'** attribute to the unit in the EDU file. Open the modeldb file with Notepad and search for the model(s) entries. change one of the faction entries (texture and attachment entry) to 'merc' and change the line count number to 4 in front of it.
    ** Will force the unit to use the unified 'merc' textures

2. ModelDB entries consist of two sections - the texture and the attachment. All you need to do is to 'clone' those entries and change the faction name entry (and have a correct line number). Plus you need to increase the value of the faction count number by one for both sections. See this tutorial as well.

3. Simply open with Notepad: right click file, choose 'open with' and then select Notepad or Notepad++, whichever you are using right now. Make sure to select 'always use this...'

1. Enter the unit it in the descr_mercenaries file. Add the 'mercenary_unit'** attribute to the unit in the EDU file. Open the modeldb file with Notepad and search for the model(s) entries. change one of the faction entries (texture and attachment entry) to 'merc' and change the line count number to 4 in front of it.

2. ModelDB entries consist of two sections - the texture and the attachment. All you need to do is to 'clone' those entries and change the faction name entry (and have a correct line number). Plus you need to increase the value of the faction count number by one for both sections. See this tutorial as well.

3. Simply open with Notepad: right click file, choose 'open with' and then select Notepad or Notepad++, whichever you are using right now. Make sure to select 'always use this...'
    Thank you very much for your help Gigantus, I will try it later and if I have any questions I will ask you again.I will try to improve sship mod and make it more realistic and immersive if possible.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

@Gigantus, another question about units... how do I know that a unit has models (unit model) for a specific faction and exists? For example, how do I know and in which file can I check that the Norman knights are accessible and have unit models for the English or the Germans... Because if, for example, I add a unit to a faction whose unit model is not created for Should that faction give an error or should it not be Silver Surfer? Example: adding "Axe Militia" to the Abbasid faction, in principle that unit does not have a unit model for the Abbasids but I want to check if it is possible to add it or it will cause problems.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

"Adding axe militia to Abbasids" is exactly what the linked tutorial describes, eg 'adding an existing unit to another faction'. It also applies to the 'mercenary' aspect your query as far as the modelDB stuff goes.

And yes, 'silver surfers' mean that a unit is lacking it's faction texture entries in the modelDB file.

another question Gigantus, in the EDU about the ownership section the word "all" comes and sometimes followed by several factions... what does it mean?and because some units do not have the "era" that was 0, it was era 1... some units do, others do not... here is an example.
    For mercenary troops, it necessary that ownership is "slave" dont you?, and for "all" is available for all factions? But after exist the "era" 1,2 and 3 with some factions...

Could you explain me all these issues please?
    I want make Mercenary troops and also AOR units

. armour_ug_models Norman_Serjeants
    ownership all
    era 0 england, scotland, france, norway, denmark, jerusalem, aragon, hre, spain, portugal, moors, pisa, venice, papal_states, hungary, serbia, sicily, poland, byzantium
    era 1 england
    recruit_priority_offset 0; before was: 15
    ;335
    . armour_ug_models Turkish_Ghulams, Turkish_Ghulams, Turkish_Ghulams
    ownership turks, rum, zengid, abbasid, slave
    era 0 turks, rum, zengid, abbasid
    recruit_priority_offset 0; before was: 35
    ;334
    Last edited by j.a.luna; Today at 01:17 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,