Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: CTD on all saves!

Oh dear. New version has dropped. I'm not really willing to update yet, losing all my progress (unless the new update is 100% save compatible).

If the issue is still fixable on my version of the game ( 0.98 June 18th ), I would prefer that still.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by PishPosh View Post
    Oh dear. New version has dropped. I'm not really willing to update yet, losing all my progress (unless the new update is 100% save compatible).
    If the issue is still fixable on my version of the game ( 0.98 June 18th ), I would prefer that still.
    not save-compatible at all.
    Have you tried this fix?

Just tried it. Still happening. . .And the latest save is also CTD'ing upon loading. Only the previous saves load. But they still crash upon ending a turn.

Just tried it. Still happening. . .And the latest save is also CTD'ing upon loading. Only the previous saves load. But they still crash upon ending a turn.
    I've tried all your saves, but they crash just after the end-turn (or don't load). No other factions seems to start moving. Nothing to be concluded from the log. I'm sorry, I can't help you :-(

Damn. . . Oh well, thank you still! Probably all the save scumming I was doing broke the game.

Damn. . . Oh well, thank you still! Probably all the save scumming I was doing broke the game.
    No idea. Looks to happen just at the end of the players' move, I cannot find anything suspicies. For instance, the fire script that could be a source of crash (but shouldn't be of a repeated one), fires at the beginning of the player's turn. (btw, it's fixed in the current version).

Besides - your HRE campaign look nice to me: with a limited. The AI also looks ok: the Mongols expanded reasonably, there're a few larger factions, but not overwhemingly etc.

Yeah. Hence why it's so strange. It even broke the other saves. Perhaps it's something to do with my computer proper, but I don't know really.

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

@Jurand now that I'm trying to do the building descriptions to give you a hand and support, I found a little bug (june version) in the "gardens of Alhambra", this building has a population growth through health effect of 20%, and the next level "Alcazar of Alhambra" has only 2%...
    Also tell me if you plan to do the Alcazar of Marrakech, if you have reached the limit allowed for the chain building of the Alcazar, you can leave Granada with only one and remove the one in the gardens to have space, with only "Alcazar of Alhambra" it would be good.

In addition, all the alcazares allow the recruitment of a diplomat, so 6 alcazares = 6 diplomats, is this correct?
    Last edited by j.a.luna; August 10, 2023 at 12:05 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Okay I killed my SSHIP June 2023 version.
    I'm moving on to the August 2023 version.

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Okay I killed my SSHIP June 2023 version.
    I'm moving on to the August 2023 version.
    I think I will wait a little longer to play with the August version because I still want to continue playing with my Sicilian campaign...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

A Poland game that I played on June 2023 version. I ran into a CTD caused by ending the turn or attempting to save. I've kept three saves, One is on the CTD turn, another was saved during the CTD so it just crashes when you try to load it and then the third was from a few turns back and that CTDs when you try and load it, think that one is its own separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 74Th View Post
    A Poland game that I played on June 2023 version. I ran into a CTD caused by ending the turn or attempting to save. I've kept three saves, One is on the CTD turn, another was saved during the CTD so it just crashes when you try to load it and then the third was from a few turns back and that CTDs when you try and load it, think that one is its own separate issue.

Alright well it seems I'm a little dense when it comes to inserting an image on a forum I hope I did it right this time, if not then this link here should hopefully work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230810215150_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	597.7 KB 
ID:	369308

Quote Originally Posted by 74Th View Post
    Alright well it seems I'm a little dense when it comes to inserting an image on a forum I hope I did it right this time, if not then this link here should hopefully work.
    Upload a save, not a picture. I can investigate only saves :-)
    For the pics, it's better to use an external service, like imgur.com - and paste here only a relevant link.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    @Jurand now that I'm trying to do the building descriptions to give you a hand and support, I found a little bug (june version) in the "gardens of Alhambra", this building has a population growth through health effect of 20%, and the next level "Alcazar of Alhambra" has only 2%...
    Also tell me if you plan to do the Alcazar of Marrakech, if you have reached the limit allowed for the chain building of the Alcazar, you can leave Granada with only one and remove the one in the gardens to have space, with only "Alcazar of Alhambra" it would be good.

In addition, all the alcazares allow the recruitment of a diplomat, so 6 alcazares = 6 diplomats, is this correct?

Hi Jurand! Something about this bug and my descriptions of Alcazars?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Upload a save, not a picture. I can investigate only saves :-)
    For the pics, it's better to use an external service, like imgur.com - and paste here only a relevant link.
    Sure thing, I did a little more testing with the save, since I was positive that the crash is caused by saving the game in any way, I figured that disabling the auto save might work. It did not, instead of crashing immediately my units would execute their queued orders and the moment the AI starts its turn then it would crash. The only other things that were buggy in this campaign were that I kept getting the "Albigensian Heresy" event every few turns. And the other weird thing was at one point the game would CTD when Castile took their turn, but all their generals must have died or something because on one attempt trying to get past their turn they fell to rebels and the campaign continued fine until this point.

PolandSave.zip

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    well spotted, even though effectively it was the same. Now it'll be health in both cases. thanks!
    Maybe in the future there'd indeed be a switch from two levels in Granada to Marrakesh, but I'm not working on it now.

A small bug on the August version: I've received the "Should we invite the saxons?" event two times now in turns 15 and 17 with playing Norway, although the event description speaks of lands in Eastern Europe (Hungary event?).

On the other hand: the Konungahella event works again for Norway! :-) It appeared at turn 15, right when I was already besieging Skara.

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    A small bug on the August version: I've received the "Should we invite the saxons?" event two times now in turns 15 and 17 with playing Norway, although the event description speaks of lands in Eastern Europe (Hungary event?).

On the other hand: the Konungahella event works again for Norway! :-) It appeared at turn 15, right when I was already besieging Skara.
    yeah, I've made indeed a mistake with this even, thanks!

A general of my faction Poland decided to leave my faction for Novgorod.
    But there was no mention of that fact anywhere.
    I noticed it during end of turn movement: he left the city and became Novgorod citizen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails z.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    A general of my faction Poland decided to leave my faction for Novgorod.
    But there was no mention of that fact anywhere.
    I noticed it during end of turn movement: he left the city and became Novgorod citizen.
    a Novogrodian princess must have married him.