Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Also I been having this weird problem with one of my campaigns where the generals aren't getting married, the princesses aren't spawning, and adoptions are not popping up. Very strange.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

^^ This is not specific to SSHIP and I don't think that it can be fixed.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by SaladinSalem View Post
    Also I been having this weird problem with one of my campaigns where the generals aren't getting married, the princesses aren't spawning, and adoptions are not popping up. Very strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The M2TW engine gives children and spouses and adoptions until the number of generals and princesses (and perhaps children, I don't remember) is roughly equal to the number of provinces. This is not a fixed number, there might be deviations of +/- a few generals.

If you've got more generals than provinces, you will get neither spouses, nor children, nor adoptions.

The engine also "fixates" at one character. It usually keeps proposing a spouse for a general/a princess/a women in the family tree for several turns, if you keep on declining.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SaladinSalem View Post
    You have captured settlements? IIRC the game do not provide above if there are no "free settlements" for them, as reported by players who like to turtle.
    As in, if you have five general family members [not sure if it counts children] and five or less settlements, there will be no adoption offers etc.

Edit: ninjad
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 13, 2018 at 10:41 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Lifthrasir

I tried your technique to replace peasant_archers by longbowmen with at first the satisfaction of not appearing the bug of the textures that hide the screen... Unfortunately, other tests, both with archer_militia and with peasant_archers have caused the bug again.

After several tests, the operation does not seem to guarantee the disappearance of the bug ... neither with the archers_militia, nor with the peasant_archers. Maybe he appears rarely? Not sure...

Test performed with English against French swordsmen.
    Last edited by kostic; May 15, 2018 at 05:51 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

13:36:05.480 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 135 : moors, NotGeneral InEnemyRegion 0
    13:36:05.480 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 140 : moors, General, ArmySize2, InEnemyRegion 0
    13:36:05.480 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 281 : moors, General, ArmySize3, InEnemyRegion 0
    13:36:05.480 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 421 : moors, General, ArmySize4, InEnemyRegion 0
    13:36:05.487 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 405 : moors, NotGeneral InEnemyRegion 2
    13:36:05.487 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 421 : moors, General, ArmySize2, InEnemyRegion 2
    13:36:05.487 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 843 : moors, General, ArmySize3, InEnemyRegion 2
    13:36:05.487 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 1265 : moors, General, ArmySize4, InEnemyRegion 2
    13:36:05.490 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 225 : moors, Captain
    13:36:05.491 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 140 : moors, General, ArmySize2, InEnemyRegion 0
    13:36:05.491 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 281 : moors, General, ArmySize3, InEnemyRegion 0
    13:36:05.491 [game.script] [always] CharacterTurnStart Army Supplies Costs : 421 : moors, General, ArmySize4, InEnemyRegion 0
    13:36:42.521 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Here is the log for the Moorish Leader crash when conquering settlement. His name is 'Al' Amir Farraj the Afflicted.

My starting cardinal gets the trait "The Antipope" every turn but it doesn't stick to him. It seems to work with the AI because their cardinals are all much stronger by turn two unlike mine.

SSHIP is fantastic! Thank you so much for your hard work. I noticed that in the Georgian roster the Khevsur Heavy Swordsman has a charge bonus of 13. I figured that it was an error and changed it to 3 in my text files.

Blog Entries

Thank you for your kind words. And yes, that must be a mistake. Thanks also for that. I'll check it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I think that the units need to be carefully evaluated for discrepancies between their models and their unit stats. For example, Danish Bondir have a 0 shield stat even though they have a small shield. English Yeoman actually have 2 issues that I have changed in my files. Even though their model has mail armor, they have 0 armor without any upgrades. Also, their model wields a sword in melee, but they only have 2 attack, 1 charge, and are described as using a mace and having armor piercing in the files. Another issue I found is that the English Retinue Longbowman has 6 attack and 3 charge, but only wields a dagger in melee combat. Is he supposed to have a sword?

Once again, thank you for your great mod, and also for responding so quickly!

Blog Entries

We're aware that there's a major "cleaning" to be done in the EDU

Will SSHIP adopt RR/RC 2.0 for its next release? If so, will all of the units have their stats overhauled? Are the bugs I've been reporting even going to be relevant?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Standard Nerd View Post
    Will SSHIP adopt RR/RC 2.0 for its next release? If so, will all of the units have their stats overhauled? Are the bugs I've been reporting even going to be relevant?
    Very unlikely (I mean: I don't see it coming in the foreseeable future). You need to redo all the units and perhaps much more. Point Blank is doing it for SS6.4 for years, afaik. The work for the SSHIP is quite similar but the analytical work.

Blog Entries

RR/RC implementation will take a while for the reason mentionned by JoC but also due to the animations. Some of them have been already implemented and some other still need to be done. That means that tests and adjustments will be requiered.
    I'll work again on the animations as soon as time is permitting. From there, we should be able to start working on stats
    I'm also waiting for Point Blank update of RR/RC. Fingers crossed, the release might be quite close
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 20, 2018 at 12:11 AM.

Hello there, I don't know if this is SSHIP specific or not, but I can't seem to ever make peace with Hungary while starting as Poland, forcing me to destroy them so early , and because they were allied with HRE when they were destroyed I can't ally the HRE ever (known bug in M2TW base game), which means I have to constantly watch my border with HRE and can't expand as well as I should be.

Blog Entries

It has been reported aleady. However, I must admit that I have no idea how to change that without implementing the "forced diplomacy" script. I need to check that mechanic first.

If it's any help, you can correct the 'can't ally with former allies of destroyed ennemies bug' with a simple script like that:

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave

if I_NumberOfSettlements england < 1
            console_command diplomatic_stance england france neutral
            console_command diplomatic_stance england hre neutral
            console_command diplomatic_stance england spain neutral
            console_command diplomatic_stance england sicily neutral
            console_command diplomatic_stance england milan neutral
    ;;;; ect for each faction
                end_if
    ;;; reproduce the if block for other destroyable factions
    If you have hordes factions, then you have to check them via a absence/presence of leaders:

Code:
    set_event_counter mongols_dead 1

if I_FactionLeaderAttribute mongols Command < 999
    set_event_counter mongols_dead 0
    end_if

if I_EventCounter mongols_dead > 0
    ;;; they are dead, do your chain of console_command diplomatic_stance
    end_if
    end_monitor
    About the unability to make peace, it's mostly about what the descr_campaign_ai tell ai factions to do. Whatever cai you are using, it is either using wrong/unreliable parameters, or not enough parameters, or not enough labels, or it is unbalanced when it come to diplomacy. It's a tricky business, the ai. (but not impossible)
    Last edited by selv; June 25, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks Mate. Much appreciated

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Hey guys,
    I was extremely busy the last weeks and thus did not play SSHIP.
    But I had time yesterday and I resumed my Aragon campaign on VH/VH using Tmodelsk submod.

I noticed an error: the city of Zaragoza has a stone wall which allows 3 recruitment slots.
    However, I can only recruit one unit at a time.

I think it was the same for Barcelona.
    Unfortunately, I only have a screenshot of Zaragoza. (I can't take a screenshot of Barcelona since I stopped the campaign to test a French one)

NEW FRENCH CAMPAIGN VH/VH Tmodels'k submod
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that the character Thibault de Blois is a family member, but he does not appear on the family tree (I had the same issue with Aragon).
    This means that if he ever becomes King or Heir, we can't see his family tree and can't even choose him or his descendants as next heir.

He also starts with no loyalty and no movement points with a trait like "Building his own empire".

Is this normal?

Cheers.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Blog Entries

I've moved your post as I think it's more relevant to this thread

Anyway, I'll have a look at these. Thanks for that.