Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

The bodyguard ug1 is just a simple armor upgrade (see the EDU and battle_models.modeldb files). If you refer to the transition between early and late bodyguards, then that's the export_descr_building.txt file.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, it's just the evolution of the costume that interests me.
    My campaign came in 1213, but despite the evolution of gunsmiths in each of my communities, bodyguards remain stuck at their initial appearance. I modified the EDU which was written thus :
    armour_ug_models NE_Bodyguard, NE_Bodyguard, NE_Bodyguard_ug1, NE_Bodyguard_ug1
    in
    armour_ug_models NE_Bodyguard, NE_Bodyguard_ug1, NE_Bodyguard_ug1, NE_Bodyguard_ug1
    without it making my unit go into ug1.

I'm just wondering from what date the bodyguard will pass in ug1 and if we can change the date of this evolution.

Blog Entries

It's not tied to a date or an event but to the upgrade you can get with the blacksmith f.e.
    Si if the ug1 model is not different to the initial one, the unit will remain unchanged visually.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    It's not tied to a date or an event but to the upgrade you can get with the blacksmith f.e.
    Si if the ug1 model is not different to the initial one, the unit will remain unchanged visually.
    I understand that. I just want to know if we can associate this upgrade to a previous state of evolution of the gunsmith. Which file allows this?

Blog Entries

That's the export_descr_building.txt file if I remember correctly. You should ask in the Workshop

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You need to edit the armour_ug_levels line of the unit's EDU entry as well, eg two numbers for base armor and first upgrade. Check in the EDB which level of smith upgrades to which level of armor and set the EDU line accordingly. If you have a smith that can only be build after a certain event then use that level and your wish is fulfilled.

Example EDU entry:
    Code:
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1
    armour_ug_models Sudanese_Gunners, Sudanese_Gunners_ug1

Thank you for your help Gigantus .
    Here are the lines that match the bodyguard in the EDU.
    armour_ug_levels 11, 15, 16, 23
    armour_ug_models NE_Bodyguard, NE_Bodyguard_ug1, NE_Bodyguard_ug1, NE_Bodyguard_ug1
    I do not understand what the following 4 numbers mean: 11, 15, 16, 23

For EDB, I found that ...

law_bonus bonus 14
    population_growth_bonus bonus -3
    law_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter is_the_ai 3 and not event_counter is_the_ai 4
    law_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 4
    }
    material stone
    construction 10
    cost 9000
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }
    building professional_city
    {
    levels p_large_town p_city
    {
    p_large_town city requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, poland, russia, hungary, teutonic_order, kievan_rus, middle_eastern, timurids, } and building_present_min_level barracks town_guard and building_present_min_level smith leather_tanner and building_present_min_level stonemason sitehut and building_present_min_level logging_camp logging_camp
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Caballeros Hidalgos" 0.5 0.08 1 0 requires factions { spain, portugal, } and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Caballeros Villanos" 0.6 0.13 1 0 requires factions { spain, portugal, } and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1

recruit_pool "Mailed Knights" 0.5 0.07 1 0 requires factions { aragon, } and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Sword Mailed Knights" 0.6 0.1 1 0 requires factions { aragon, } and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1

recruit_pool "Feudal Knights" 0.5 0.07 1 0 requires factions { aragon, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1

I would like bodyguard_ug1 to match the arrival of feudal_knights. Do you understand what to do?

I can't seem to build mines in my towns. I order them, next turn they're purged from the queue as if they never were ordered. Advice?
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Blog Entries

All towns are concerned or just some of them?

All towns are concerned or just some of them?

I'm playing a Byzantine campaign and have noticed it in Arta, Thessalonike, and Ikonion. No issues with upgrading mines that I can see (yet) but it's impossible to build the original.

On the menu, choose to follow the AI movement and remove the fog with the console command "toogle_fow". It might take a while during the AI turn but you should be able to follow the HRE and to point where the issue comes from. I might be wrong but looks like an unit or FM issue. We just need to find out where/who
    HRE has battle outside Frankfurt, with leader, against French. HRE victory. Leader heads towards Frankfurt and boom.

Not sure what the next step is or how to accomplish it. I've seen some posts about editing, and putting a unit in to kill the leader, but i have not found the "how to" on it.
    Last edited by Daerandir; October 04, 2018 at 01:57 PM.

Blog Entries

You can try to kill him witrh the consol and the following code:
    kill_character <character_name> : kills a character with the given name
    However, I read somewhere else that this code doesn't work without a script. But I'm not able to help on this

Another option could be to move him smewhere else. Hoxwever, I haven't found the right code for that (if there's any).
    For info, all codes can be found here.

code: move_character "name of character" 21 122 the numbers are the coordinates where the character schould move too,to see coordinates of a place just move with your mouse cursor on a place and type: cursorstat

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

show_cursorstat ......

yes gigantus i do not know why i did not say show_cursorstat

Thank you all. I shall give it a try this evening (or tomorrow) depending on work.

Thanks to all who posted. Moving the HRE general with a Russian-sounding name from Frankfurt to an HRE possession on the French Riviera seems to have made him much happier. He stopped crashing my game. If he does it again, he's off to Elba.

Blog Entries

I guess that he was stuck on his previous position and couldn't moved anymore. Hence the ctd. Was the battle close to a river or in a mountainous area?

Got an end-turn CTD. System.log.txt give this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    10:00:09.146 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    10:00:09.147 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    10:00:09.167 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    10:00:09.183 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    10:00:09.198 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    10:00:09.213 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    10:00:09.224 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    10:00:09.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:00:23.921 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 19894, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: FLNearCapital
    10:00:23.922 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 19906, column 12
    10:00:23.922 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 19919, column 12
    10:00:23.922 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 19930, column 12
    10:00:23.922 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 19941, column 12
    10:00:23.922 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 20049, column 16
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: DiscontentGeneral
    10:00:23.922 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 20072, column 16
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: DiscontentGeneral
    10:00:23.933 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25809, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Military_Edu
    10:00:23.933 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25913, column 16
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: MilitaryInclination
    10:00:23.933 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25962, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Robust
    10:00:23.933 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25981, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Robust
    10:00:23.937 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 27489, column 35
    Trait not recognised
    10:00:23.937 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 27564, column 35
    Trait not recognised
    10:00:23.943 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 31270, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Senile
    10:00:23.943 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 31279, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Wantschool
    10:00:23.951 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 35333, column 12
    10:00:23.951 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 35345, column 12
    10:00:23.951 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 35408, column 12
    10:00:23.951 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 35420, column 12
    10:00:23.951 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 35634, column 12
    10:00:23.951 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 35652, column 12
    10:00:23.952 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 36019, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: BiologicalSon
    10:00:23.952 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 36028, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: BastardSon
    10:00:23.955 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37191, column 22
    Ancillary is not declared or invalid

10:00:23.955 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37199, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37207, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37215, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37223, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37231, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37239, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37247, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37255, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37263, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37271, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37279, column 22

10:00:23.956 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 37287, column 22

10:00:23.966 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 41835, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: SeverelyWounded
    10:00:23.967 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 41845, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: SeverelyWounded
    10:00:23.967 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 41856, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Diseased
    10:00:23.967 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 41867, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Drink
    10:00:44.890 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    10:10:38.189 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I have the Education and Traits Overhaul submods, could they be causing this?

Blog Entries

Possibly but I let JOC to confirm or not.