Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Any clues on what's breaking Thieves and Assassins guild? These guilds are pretty important for me, the global law bonus and the need for less missions for Assassins and Thieves are a great economic boon, also allowing for an easier chivalric ruler.
    There is a special mechanism to award points for the guilds. I have reviewed and tweaked the triggers, but I haven't done thorough analyses (as I've done, eg, for education), so it may happen that there're some problems.
    I've assigned fall-back triggers but it may be not enough.
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------Trigger Thiefs_No_Guild_Bonus
     WhenToTest FactionTurnStart

Condition not FactionBuildingExists >= thieves_guild
           and I_TurnNumber > 50

Guild thiefs_guild a 6

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus

Condition not FactionBuildingExists >= assassins_guild
           and I_TurnNumber > 50

Guild assassins_guild a 6
    Thanks for the info, I'd add additional ones:
    Code:
    ;----------------------------------------------------- Catching Up ThievesTrigger Thiefs_No_Guild_Bonus_Turn50

and I_TurnNumber > 50

Guild thiefs_guild a 6

Trigger Thiefs_No_Guild_Bonus_Turn100

and I_TurnNumber > 100

Guild thiefs_guild a 6

;-----------------------------------------------------
    Trigger Thiefs_No_MasterGuild_Bonus_Turn100

Condition not FactionBuildingExists >= m_thieves_guild
           and I_TurnNumber > 100

Guild thiefs_guild a 6

Trigger Thiefs_No_MasterGuild_Bonus_Turn150

Condition not FactionBuildingExists >= m_thieves_guild
           and I_TurnNumber > 150

Guild thiefs_guild a 6

;----------------------------------------------------- Catching Up Assassins
    Trigger Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus_Turn50

and I_TurnNumber > 50

Trigger Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus_Turn100

and I_TurnNumber > 100

;-----------------------------------------------------
    Trigger Assassins_No_MasterGuild_Bonus_Turn100

Condition not FactionBuildingExists >= m_assassins_guild
           and I_TurnNumber > 100

Trigger Assassins_No_MasterGuild_Bonus_Turn150

Condition not FactionBuildingExists >= m_assassins_guild
           and I_TurnNumber > 150

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    I second this , in 3 of my playthroughs of over 150 turns no Thieves or Assasins guild were offered .
    It may well be so that the Merchants Guilds points are awarded faster and you'd be offered only the Merchants (and maybe Masons and others). If you accept, then you won't get another offer for this settlment (one settlement - one guild). If you would have declined, then after some time you'd get an offer of Spy/Assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I am playing Serbia recently, arrived to turn 277. The first 150 turns was a struggle to survive, no diplomats, no merchants, little money and the Byzantines and Germans ready to attack. My strategy was to ally with Byzantines and conquer Hungary. That made Germans attack me, I survived only because defending my cities I was always able to neutralize their battering ram, and exclude the cavalry from the fight, otherwise I would be dead very quickly... When the Byzantines attacked me I was just strong enough to survive and little by little conquer their cities from the sea.

It was interesting also to see the Mongols in 10 turns taking over the Turks and slowly eating Georgia already. They couldn't conquer the city and moved from one to another, but in 1250 after taking over Baghdad they spread very quickly. I had many CTD, but after reloading i was always able to continue. However, now I am having a persistent CTD, it may have something to do with the Georgian renaissance or revival. I attached the save and log files.
    Put these files in the folder /data/text.
    Then enjoy making Serbia even greater - the Balkans are already yours, but what about Rome, Krakow or Jerusalem?

Quote Originally Posted by Spfft-Ebil View Post
    After several reloads to the same turn the crash persists at the same point. I was a fool and didn't have a rolling save so I can't reload further back. If by re-emergence you refer to factions, the dead factions in my save are Portugal and Serbia and the settlement Coimbra looks ripe for a revolt.
    I'm sorry for the crashes, it seems I cannot help you.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 29, 2021 at 01:28 PM.

Okay after setting kingdoms.exe to win 7 compatibility (which I propably should have had set from the start) I have progressed to turn 27. Got a rebel revolt in one of my settlements. This made me think of Beloveses comment. Since the revolting settlement was under siege by seljuks and then revolted back to seljuk control.

On another note, the unit persian spearmen seems to lack textures. I don't know if this Is a known issue or a "feature" in my installation.

Thanks for the report, I'll check if we have a safeguard against this in the new version. If memory serves I'll have to tweak it a bit to abort the attack if the settlement rebelled back to the sieging faction.

Scripting-wise, do you guys know if I can just move away the sieging army with character_move, or is there a command to end the siege first?

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Thanks for the report, I'll check if we have a safeguard against this in the new version. If memory serves I'll have to tweak it a bit to abort the attack if the settlement rebelled back to the sieging faction.

Scripting-wise, do you guys know if I can just move away the sieging army with character_move, or is there a command to end the siege first?

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
    I think you can move the army away and it will abandon the siege next turn , but i am not 100% certain it wont crash , i vaguely remember it was fine though.

Thanks, that what I thought but I'll test it. For now here's how it looks for every scripted early siege, in green what I'll add to check if the settlement has rebelled:
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType norway
            and I_TurnNumber > 2

log --- Script start : norway siege Skara
            if not I_IsFactionAIControlled norway
                log ------ terminate monitor (player control the faction)
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber = 3
                if not I_SettlementOwner Skara = slave
                    log ------ terminate monitor (settlement is controlled by another faction)
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Skara
                    log ------ terminate monitor (settlement is already under siege)
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

log ------ spawn army
                spawn_army
                    faction norway
                    character    Gunnar Guddrodson, named character, age 30, x 175, y 266, family
                    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 1 , GoodCommander 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 6 , Intelligent 6
                    unit        Royal Hirdsmen            exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Landevearnmenn            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Drengjar                exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Drengjar                exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Drengjar                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Viking Raiders            exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit        Viking Raiders            exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end

log ------ siege Skara
                siege_settlement Gunnar Guddrodson, Skara, maintain
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber = 4
                if not I_SettlementOwner Skara = slave
                    move Gunnar Guddrodson, x 175, y 266
                    log ------ abort siege and terminate monitor (settlement is controlled by another faction)
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if
                log ------ attack Skara
                console_command auto_win attacker
                siege_settlement Gunnar Guddrodson, Skara, attack
                log ------ terminate monitor
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            log ------ Script end
        end_monitor
    EDIT: I read the report with more attention, it seems the problem was not a scripted siege but just a settlement rebelling at the wrong moment, so I can't address it in the SSHIP scripts, sadly. And I read more calmly my change proposal just above, it is not necessary to add the lines in green
    Last edited by Belovèse; January 30, 2021 at 01:11 PM.

Then enjoy making Serbia even greater - the Balkans are already yours, but what about Rome, Krakow or Jerusalem?
    Yes, works, thanks. I will make Serbia great again!

By the way, my FL is not being crowned for few turns already, even though he is "fit for the crown" and the conditions to receive it are all fulfilled.. Is there some bug, or I am missing something? He is neither a regent nor usurper..
    Attached Files Attached Files

1. Wondering if Aberdeen isn't meant to have a PT.

2. I've just noticed that as playing as Scotland in the early period (I'm not sure about the late as i haven't played it) Aberdeen doesn't have a PT it's the only province so far that I've seen not have one. I've tried it with multiple generals to see if it's a certain general but none of them get one.Was just wondering if this is by design or not tbh.

Aberdeen PT - yes, you're right, it's missing. I haven't got to mod it. So now two PTs are identified missing: Al-Wasit, Aberdeen. We'll try to fix it at some point.

There's no late campaign (yet?).

https://easyupload.io/kq153i

This is another CTD , and i think i might prove a clue to Belovese and the Civil War script. Judging by the log , the crash starts at Rebels (slave) turn so i think when your / another factions settlements should REBEL due to the Civil War script , the game has a seisure and CTD's. I reloaded 3 times and still the same CTD , ever tried removing the settlements rebelling when Usurper is on the throne?

This save is just after my FL died and his Usurper Bastard took the throne , so i guess thats one idea.

Patch G , 0.9.7 + KCC

This is another CTD , and i think i might prove a clue to Belovese and the Civil War script. Judging by the log , the crash starts at Rebels (slave) turn so i think when your / another factions settlements should REBEL due to the Civil War script , the game has a seisure and CTD's. I reloaded 3 times and still the same CTD , ever tried removing the settlements rebelling when Usurper is on the throne?

This save is just after my FL died and his Usurper Bastard took the throne , so i guess thats one idea.

Patch G , 0.9.7 + KCC
    This is a crash also for me.

It happens in the slave turn:
    15:30:20.540 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097Ekcc/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/civil_war_hre.tga.dds15:30:20.541 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP097Ekcc/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/civil_war_hre.tga (from: D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    15:30:20.541 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP097Ekcc/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/civil_war_hre.tga (from: D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    15:30:20.541 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097Ekcc/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/civil_war_hre.tga.dds
    15:30:20.541 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP097Ekcc/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/civil_war_hre.tga (from: D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    15:30:20.541 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <increment_kings_purse> at line 31041 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:30:20.541 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31045 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:30:20.541 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <faction_emerge> at line 31045 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:30:20.588 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Points at the Hungarian emering with >8 settlements, but I'm not sure - the time lag is significant, it may happen due to another reason

if I_FactionLeaderTrait hungary Usurper > 2 and I_EventCounter civil_war_hungary_going_on = 0
    and RandomPercent > 50

set_event_counter civil_war_hungary_going_on 1
    historic_event civil_war_hungary
    increment_kings_purse hungary -1000

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 2
    faction_emerge slave hungary 1 100.0 0.0 1.2 town true

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 5

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 8
    faction_emerge slave hungary 1 100.0 0.0 1.2 town true unused_label1 unused_name 30

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 11
    faction_emerge slave hungary 1 100.0 0.0 1.2 town true unused_label1 unused_name 30

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 14
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if

end_if
    with the next version of the script we'll know more given that Belovese introduced logs everywhere so it will be precisely listed
    if I_FactionLeaderTrait hungary Usurper > 2 and I_EventCounter civil_war_hungary_going_on = 0
    and RandomPercent > 50

set_event_counter civil_war_hungary_going_on 1
    historic_event civil_war_hungary
    increment_kings_purse hungary -1000

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 2
    log ------ emerge slave from hungary

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 5

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 8

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 11

if I_NumberOfSettlements hungary > 14
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    log ------ emerge succesfull
    end_if

end_if
    Besides, this is quite arrogant, this demand, isn't?:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(I've corrected spelling on this ocassion, even though it's not possible to have Þ in Med2)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 31, 2021 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    This is a crash also for me.

It happens in the slave turn:

Points at the Hungarian emering with >8 settlements, but I'm not sure - the time lag is significant, it may happen due to another reason

with the next version of the script we'll know more given that Belovese introduced logs everywhere so it will be precisely listed

Besides, this is quite arrogant, this demand, isn't?:

(I've corrected spelling on this ocassion, even though it's not possible to have Þ in Med2)
    Hahah yeah , i didnt want to snowball the norwegians and danes , but they keep forcing my hand and ocasionally block my ports in order to ask for cease 2 turns later. I also left the Venetians live under my eye instead of crushing them.

Safe to say this save is Kaputt or should i wait for a fix / try to end turn and see if it goes away?

Well, I'm not on the right computer right now but if the problem really comes frome hungarian civil war, you can:
    1° reload a lot of time because the civil war fires under a random chance (if conditions are met, that is.)
    2° if you're reaaally fed up with it, you can always destroy hungary by typing "surrender_regions hungary" in the console!

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    By the way, my FL is not being crowned for few turns already, even though he is "fit for the crown" and the conditions to receive it are all fulfilled.. Is there some bug, or I am missing something? He is neither a regent nor usurper..
    I spotted an error in EDA concerning the crown: Vhrbosna instead of Vrhbosna. @Jurand, if you did not make any changes to EDA since early january I can correct it and send it to you (there is 3 occurences)
    However the leader still didn't get crowned, we'll have to investigate further, sorry... Or is EDA like campaign_script, so changes will only show on a new campaign?

Patch G , 0.9.7 + KCC
    CTD was in fact coming from HRE civil war, due to your new leader being an Usurper, as you pointed out. I tried a few things but only solution was to send him on an heroical (cough-suicidal-cough) fight against rebels... Here is the save, you can move from the next turn from there. Not very historical, but you couldtry to roleplay it like it's a Game of Thrones universe!

I spotted an error in EDA concerning the crown: Vhrbosna instead of Vrhbosna. @Jurand, if you did not make any changes to EDA since early january I can correct it and send it to you (there is 3 occurences)
    However the leader still didn't get crowned, we'll have to investigate further, sorry... Or is EDA like campaign_script, so changes will only show on a new campaign?

CTD was in fact coming from HRE civil war, due to your new leader being an Usurper, as you pointed out. I tried a few things but only solution was to send him on an heroical (cough-suicidal-cough) fight against rebels... Here is the save, you can move from the next turn from there. Not very historical, but you couldtry to roleplay it like it's a Game of Thrones universe!
    It shall write on his tombstone : ,,Killed for the sake of gameplay ''.

Thansk Belovese , hope this proved useful somehow in stomping this CTD , i fear the next time i get an usurper it might happen the same. I think it has to do with your settlements rebelling too , i wouldnt mind having that removed if JoC or you can point me on what to do , if it's doable at all. At least until it gets fixed.

Well sadly the scripts are read just once when you create a new game, so any changes you'll make won't show in your HRE game.
    But Usurpers are quite easy to avoid: never adopt and only marry the direct descendants of your leader, but not the bastards.

But this remind me: you can also move on with your save if you ensure that all your settlements are above 100% public order for the duration of the civil war. It is better gameplay-wise, because then you don't have to suicide your usurper. Just tried it, it works on the save you sent us.

Well sadly the scripts are read just once when you create a new game, so any changes you'll make won't show in your HRE game.
    But Usurpers are quite easy to avoid: never adopt and only marry the direct descendants of your leader, but not the bastards.

But this remind me: you can also move on with your save if you ensure that all your settlements are above 100% public order for the duration of the civil war. It is better gameplay-wise, because then you don't have to suicide your usurper. Just tried it, it works on the save you sent us.
    Oh my, i didnt know u can avoid rebelling if the settlements are above 100% public order. Indeed this prefered over suiciding the guy , i quite like him (for a bastard). Thanks for the insight Belovese !

You're welcome, a quick hindsight of how the script works:
    If you leader is a usurper, it declares a civil war state
    each turn, it will look for a setlement or more (depending on how much settlements you control) that are under 100% public order and make the rebels emerge out of it
    then, if your leader lost the usurper trait or a certain time has past, it ends the civil war state. If not, the test will be made again next turn.

If think the CTD comes from emerging the rebels, wich are still a living faction, and what's more are not a standard faction. I'm working on another way to emulate this.
    Last edited by Belovèse; February 01, 2021 at 02:41 AM.

https://easyupload.io/pwfhg9

New crash , i think this one is about the Mongols but i am not sure, the log shows the crash ends at Mongol turn and the script agressor attacking , might have read there is a problem with this earlier.

@Belo - I'll do it, I've made changes in the meantime.
    Changes in EDA are save-compatible: it will be applied. (so this is different than the script)

My Mongol never-ending turn happened in such circumstances: