Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I have a small bug in the renamed settlements, the castle of Bari in Sicilian hands became the Byzantines and was renamed "Barion", but I reconquered it again and the name was not changed to its original name (Bari), this is it normal? Or do you need years to pass for that? I also see it in Moorish settlements when I conquered Algiers and it still has the Muslim name (Al Jazer)

-On the other hand, after conquering Venice, now I can have 2 diplomats, why is it? In theory, I would only have one, right? or is it for having 2 capitals (Palermo and Venice)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Here is the issue:

I like that the current HU PM is also present in you game, even if with slightly different interests:

Ah, yea, thanks wasn't aware of it! I deleted the grazing lands but wasn't aware that it would eliminate the capability to raise the Magyar cavalry. Maybe a note worth adding or something. Anyway it's 1225 time to become more western alike!
    Yes, Orban is present, and as you can see, he is as far from the capital as it can be... At the gates of the eastern steppes, where he belongs to!

Hello!
    I just started the Kingdom of Scotland and when I went to The Pope screen, I so his traits along with the "SHOULD NOT BE VISIBLE" message, so I came to report the problem.
    Here is the picture and save if needed: google drive folder

Hi again, getting this crash at Sicily's turn and can't get passed it, even though I reloaded it to a few turns back. Can you check please

save file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZnP...ew?usp=sharing

log extract:
    14:53:15.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Update_AI> fired
    14:53:15.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Update_AI_catholic> fired
    14:53:15.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Sicily> fired
    14:53:15.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <SicilyAI> fired
    14:53:15.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    14:53:15.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0089_Update_Band_Together1> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0090_Update_Band_Together2> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0090_Update_Band_Together2a> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0105_Update_Trustworthy_Factions_Major> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0105_Update_Trustworthy_Factions_Allies> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0105_Update_VeryReliable_Factions_Major> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0105_Update_VeryReliable_Factions_Allies> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0106_Update_Trustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0046_P_Normalise_AI> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_DecreaseOverTime> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Theologians_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Theologians_No_Guild_Bonus>
    : <settlement> is unavailable from event <FactionTurnStart>
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Theologians_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Theologians_No_MasterGuild_Bonus>
    : <settlement> is unavailable from event <FactionTurnStart>
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.641 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Merchants_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Merchants_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Explorers_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Explorers_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Thiefs_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Thiefs_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Woodsmens_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HorseBreeders_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:15.642 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HorseBreeders_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    14:53:16.419 [game.script.timer.display] [trace] Display timer finished 0.10, line number 43751
    14:53:16.419 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 43752 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:53:16.419 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <freeze_sicily> = 0
    14:53:16.419 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <add_money> at line 43753 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:53:16.419 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <add_money> at line 43754 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:53:16.420 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <add_money> at line 43755 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:53:16.420 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <add_money> at line 43756 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:53:16.420 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 43757 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

Thanks, hope my campaign can be saved, it was just getting exciting with the epic clash with the boys in purple!

Originally Posted by William the Silent
    I went back 5 turns, but it keeps on crashing on Serbia.
    I got by it finally after restarting my computer and trying a few more times.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I have a small bug in the renamed settlements, the castle of Bari in Sicilian hands became the Byzantines and was renamed "Barion", but I reconquered it again and the name was not changed to its original name (Bari), this is it normal? Or do you need years to pass for that? I also see it in Moorish settlements when I conquered Algiers and it still has the Muslim name (Al Jazer)

-On the other hand, after conquering Venice, now I can have 2 diplomats, why is it? In theory, I would only have one, right? or is it for having 2 capitals (Palermo and Venice)
    @Jurand , furthemore of these bugs, the albigensy event is repeated each 2 or 3 turns, and i can see also " bak"event or makurian help for egyptians ( i am sicily), also after a succesful crusade the allies and neutral armies turn around the objective ( 10 or more turns)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@Jurand , furthemore of these bugs, the albigensy event is repeated each 2 or 3 turns, and i can see also " bak"event or makurian help for egyptians ( i am sicily), also after a succesful crusade the allies and neutral armies turn around the objective ( 10 or more turns)
    @Belovese has found the source of this bug (capital letter should be used in certain situations), so it'll be fixed in the next edition.

Barion - it should have reverted instantly upon conquests. although it may fail if the conquest takes place in another faction turn (eg after a sally out of the AI defenders)
    Code:
            log --- Bari AFTER CAPTURE NAME CHANGE --------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic > 0

change_settlement_name Bari Bari

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1
                and I_CompareCounter current_name_Bari > 0
                    historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Bari 0
            end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_orthodox == 1

change_settlement_name Bari BariGreek

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Bari < 1
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Bari 1
            end_if
    Algiers etc - perhaps these were not yet modded.
    Venice - one diplomat for each initial capital. I have a recollection there're also guilds from the very beginning (or was it Pisa?), what may add a diplomat to the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by MarasmusGreat View Post
    Hello!
    I just started the Kingdom of Scotland and when I went to The Pope screen, I so his traits along with the "SHOULD NOT BE VISIBLE" message, so I came to report the problem.
    difficult to get the files, you haven't opened the access.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbjorn Jagelund View Post
    Hi good people of the best mod in TW:M2!
    I returned to the mod after a couple of years and now every time I open the game, it resets my graphics options to the default: 600x800 etc.
    I would love some help.
    yeah, your Steam (or disk) installation overrides the graphic options. You need to change it somewhere, but I don't know where, frankly speaking.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 18, 2023 at 05:21 PM.

difficult to get the files, you haven't opened the access.
    Sorry about that, it should work now. If there is a problem again, I will send a different link.

@Belovese has found the source of this bug (capital letter should be used in certain situations), so it'll be fixed in the next edition.

Barion - it should have reverted instantly upon conquests. although it may fail if the conquest takes place in another faction turn (eg after a sally out of the AI defenders)
    Code:
            log --- Bari AFTER CAPTURE NAME CHANGE --------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic > 0

change_settlement_name Bari Bari

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Bari > 0
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Bari 0
            end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_orthodox == 1

change_settlement_name Bari BariGreek

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Bari < 1
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Bari 1
            end_if
    Algiers etc - perhaps these were not yet modded.
    Venice - one diplomat for each initial capital. I have a recollection there're also guilds from the very beginning (or was it Pisa?), what may add a diplomat to the limit.

Ok about albigensy event

For Barion, yes, romans sally out and lose the battle so i retake Bari but the name stay orthodox ( Barion) , finally i wll change it manually.

Diplomats--- i have 2 capitals ( Palermo and Venice) but one have merchant guild and the other have explorer guild, so only is effective with Merchants ( furthemore i have fairgroung in Palermo plus merchant guild and i have only 1 merchant in Palermo...)
    In Venice i have the unique building with the ability to recruit a diplomat, ( 1 slot), but in Palermo my unique building does not have the ability until the next building level ( Palace Normmani) so I don't understand why I can have 2, or if it is simply because I have one more capital in my hands....
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by Olaszv View Post
    Hi again, getting this crash at Sicily's turn and can't get passed it, even though I reloaded it to a few turns back. Can you check please
    Here you go, @Olaszv.
    There's a problem either with one of the Sicilian characters, or with mecercenary recruitment there. It may come back, I'd guess. Keep a save game after each turn, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by MarasmusGreat View Post
    Hello!
    Thanks, @Marasmus.
    I think I've found this small bug, and it'll be fixed in the next version.
    ;------------------------------------------Trait AI_anti_heretic_boost
    Characters priest

Level Hidden
    Description Hidden_desc
    EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect Piety 3
    Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    I just completed a game as Kingdom of Jerusalem.
    Played up to turn 250ish.
    Every single king I got was a regent, or a ursurper. I never once selected an Heir. How can I avoid this inn the future? or was it a bug? thanks in advance.
    Upload your save, @berrmugcarl, I'll be grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebrauc View Post
    Crashing on the mongols turn on turn 418
    I'll have a look soon, still haven't had time, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomberry View Post
    Great experience so far. Turn 210.
    I restarted the Denmark campaign and took care of my reputation and its a completely different game.
    Rep is everything! Especially when you are small.
    After beating Norway, the HRR betrayed me again, but this time I was prepared.
    After 5 crushing defeats at the walls of Ribe they got excommunicated and my best buddy the pope called a crusade against Frankfurt
    With whole Europe against them, they fell apart very quickly and I had time to build and develop.
    Can you upload a save?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 19, 2023 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks Jurand, will check it tomorrow... So how did you fix it, is there anything that needs to be changed in the next release?

Thanks Jurand, will check it tomorrow... So how did you fix it, is there anything that needs to be changed in the next release?
    Frankly speaking, no conclusion what should be changed, but something to be careful with in the future. There's was a problem with mercenary recruitment in Sicily. It might either be a bug on a character, or a bug in the mercenary pools, or a bug in the unit ownership.

Frankly speaking, no conclusion what should be changed, but something to be careful with in the future. There's was a problem with mercenary recruitment in Sicily. It might either be a bug on a character, or a bug in the mercenary pools, or a bug in the unit ownership.
    Hi again - so the fix worked, it's the next turn, however I get another crash after the turn, again at Sicily's. Looks like it's a similar cause. Can you check please?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tjz...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebrauc View Post
    Crashing on the mongols turn on turn 418 btw I didn't change the Byzantine Renaissance, I have notepad ++ but am not good at all at coding
    Here is the patch that will allow you to move forward:

graphic bug in terms of placing the stairs in the walls, in this case in Venice, it is clearly seen that they sink into the walls... also personally the Macaras AI mod still does not work for me, the enemy units continue to accumulate in just one ladder
    On the other hand, I would like @Jurand to take a look at my campaign and see it with its respective bugs and improvements, note that the Moors have several rebel armies in North Africa due to the lack of command of their generals and a lot of arab infantry spam and berber spearmen, hardly any units of archers or crossbowmen...

MY SAVE AND IMAGES TGA:

tgas.rar2.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hi again - so the fix worked, it's the next turn, however I get another crash after the turn, again at Sicily's. Looks like it's a similar cause. Can you check please?
    Yeah, it seems the problem is due to the character.
    Here is the save you can go ahead.

I have a bug in which I can't start a campaign game with the Moors, it automatically says that it has an error... here my full log.

full.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Yeah, it seems the problem is due to the character.
    Here is the save you can go ahead.
    Thanks! Unfortunately, next turn comes and with it the next crash - either on the English or Moorish turn.
    Something fundamentally must have went wrong and I don't want to come back after every turn looking for you to save my campaign. Not sure how the other players were able to play hundreds of turns, they might got lucky

It's disheartening really to see these crashes occurring after years of investment the modders contributed (as always huuuge thanks for that!). I'm hoping that one day an almost crash-free mod can be released...but for now, I need to take a break of the mod (again) as I mourn the long hours invested into a crashed campaign

I took the city of Bremen with England; I had to repair a Hanseatic trade building; if I did my next turn CTD.
    So I deleted it and I moved on to the next turn and that building was replaced with the Baltic trade building.

So it seems that my faction had not reached a Hanseatic agreement yet.

Thanks! Unfortunately, next turn comes and with it the next crash - either on the English or Moorish turn.
    Something fundamentally must have went wrong and I don't want to come back after every turn looking for you to save my campaign. Not sure how the other players were able to play hundreds of turns, they might got lucky

It's disheartening really to see these crashes occurring after years of investment the modders contributed (as always huuuge thanks for that!). I'm hoping that one day an almost crash-free mod can be released...but for now, I need to take a break of the mod (again) as I mourn the long hours invested into a crashed campaign
    Hi @OlaszV,
    let's make the last try.
    I might have a mistake before as I've used my version with the updated (ie my working) version of the 098 to move your game ahead.
    Now, I've used the previous, June 2023, version. I banished that trouble making character to Orkney so that he cannot move and make his crash again.
    I was able to go ahead 11 turns without a crash.
    So try for the last time - here are the saves (the first one is that of yours, so use the second one, ending with _1).
    cheers
    JoC

EDIT: I've moved ahead until you king died. No problems. Orban lived long:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    I took the city of Bremen with England; I had to repair a Hanseatic trade building; if I did my next turn CTD.
    So I deleted it and I moved on to the next turn and that building was replaced with the Baltic trade building.
    So it seems that my faction had not reached a Hanseatic agreement yet.
    Looks strange, but it's worth noting for me to pay attention when I'd review the Hanseatic mechanics. Thanks!
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 22, 2023 at 03:22 AM.