Page 29 of 306 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479129 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Laetus

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hello guys.

I have been running into a problem since I installed SSHIP. The custom battles all work perfectly fine but the campaign does not. When I click on any faction in the stunning map overview, I enter the loading screen. As soon as the blood fills the loading sword to the brim, the game screen turns black and the computer notifies me with a pop up "Medieval 2 Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Here is the log:
    08:16:30.778 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    08:16:30.778 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    08:16:36.338 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 29, column 32
    Invalid ownership type 'rum' found in unit 'baghlah'.
    08:16:36.338 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

I was wondering if you guys can help out please.

Maybe Manasses de Hierges the constable should be hier instead of Pagan?? He was a much more important figure to add. Let me know if you need any help with research or history info or suggestions. I have studied quite a bit of Middle Age History with focus on the crusades.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khalid View Post
    Hello guys.

I have been running into a problem since I installed SSHIP. The custom battles all work perfectly fine but the campaign does not. When I click on any faction in the stunning map overview, I enter the loading screen. As soon as the blood fills the loading sword to the brim, the game screen turns black and the computer notifies me with a pop up "Medieval 2 Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Here is the log:
    08:16:30.778 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    08:16:30.778 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    08:16:30.794 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    08:16:36.338 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 29, column 32
    Invalid ownership type 'rum' found in unit 'baghlah'.
    08:16:36.338 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

I was wondering if you guys can help out please.
    Did you change any files? Open the SSHIP v0.8.3 patched.zip (the file you downloaded) and extract export_descr_unit.txt in your SS6.3/data folder and overwrite. I that doesn't work try reinstalling the whole mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevothree View Post
    Why do the knights hospitaller buildings start to emerge for construction later in the game? The knights hospitaller began in 1100 before the templars. Also Knights of St Lazarus are available eairly but they were a later sub order of the hospitallers but they are availble before the hospitallers, why? I switch St Lazarus Knights for original Knights of Antioch to be more accurate for the time period. I trade Knights of St lazarus for another unit to be played later too. In my campaign I put in Knights of Tripoli, Knights of Edessa, Marshall of the Templars whose unit models are still available in the game. The heavy turkopole archers unit should be availble to the crusader states too unless they are and I havent gottn that far in campaign. The Dismounted knights of jerusalems unit info needs to be changed to reflect the broken crescent spear unit. Also maybe bring in more broken crescent units for the units in the holy land. Also Knights of the holy sepulcher would be cool like bellum crucis has. Amazing mod btw! A little more work and it will be best Med 2 mod ever!
    Can't answer first part, but heavy turkopole archers are available to the Crusader States (and all other christian factions) after the heavy mail event (in 1200) and recruitable from an archery range or higher. There are also Knights of the Holy Sepulcher recruitable in Jerusalem from the beginning.

@stevothee: I doubt that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manasses_of_Hierges this guy was that important yet. We should probably set this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_I_of_Bures as heir?

I read somewhere that Payen was pretty important to the king, so he should still be in the game I think.

The crusader states roster isn't final and polished yet. Probably lazarus knights shouldn't be available yet. The thinking behind the st john system is that you need to build several of those order buildings, and when there are plenty enough, the order becomes a military force. And that wasn't in 1132 yet I think. But the order buildings should probably be available from the game start.

Why do we need that many different knights? How are (historically) knights of tripoli different to knights of edessa?

Default SSHIP 803 BUG

15:08:37.546 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2

if I move the camera to this area ,the game will meet a mistake and be closed.(only this area or to right a little)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	328122

Default Re: SSHIP 803 BUG

15:20:43.109 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:20:43.109 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    15:20:43.109 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:20:43.109 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:20:43.109 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:20:43.109 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:20:43.109 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:20:43.109 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:20:58.734 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    15:21:18.734 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

up or right this eare ,the game will be exit

thecamara move to the river in right besides this area ,the game also will be exit

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

First of all, please use the relevant thresad for such a post in order to keep the subforum as clear as possible: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Technical-Help

Then, regarding your camera problem, I have no problem to move it anywhere on the map. This is really strange. As it seems that you didn't set the game correctly, I suggest that you run the SS setup again and re-install SSHIP. Read carefully the installation instructions in the Download Thread and if you're sure or have questuion, don't hesitate to contact me
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

move your camera to the city named 'BAKU',if I move this aera ,the game will be exit

Blog Entries

Once again, I have no problem at all to move my camera anywhere on the map. The problem is relating to your installation, not to SSHIP itself.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I just fought a battle on a bridge east of Malatya and the terrain looked liked this.

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/Zu2g

I couldn't even move my troops.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I would suggest taking a looking at archer militia when they have multiple armour upgrades. After playing as England with 2x armour upgraded archer militia, their textures are completely messed up, all sorts of colours and weird looking textures. Not sure as of yet if this is global with archer militia being upgraded, or if it just applies to English ones.

Edit: The archer militia unit's textures are completely bugged, checked with all upgrades.
    Last edited by Warlord888; July 27, 2015 at 12:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Already mentioned
    It will be fixed for the next release.

@ jurcek1987, I'm pretty sure that that kind of issue is due to the heigh on the campaign map when it's quite high beside a river. I haven't got time to look deeper at that but by lowering down the heigh beside the river, it might solve the problem.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 27, 2015 at 02:31 PM.

Glad to hear that

Silver mine near Prague (coordinates 175,201) cannot be reached by merchants.

Blog Entries

I'll check it. Thanks for pointing this out

William of Bures I is perfict because he was a regent! Each state had there own knights, you wouldnt find knights of jerusalem in Tripoli or antioch unless the king of jerusalem brought them there on campaign. But ya maybe too many knights arnt needed. Ya St jons military presence did not emerge untill like 1120 or 30 so maybe just those buildings that you cant recruit from at first would be good. Maybe have knights lazarus recruitable from a hig tier st john building? also Hamiltons units are great! can we get Dismounted norman cav in Crusader states as well as the mounted maybe?? I put in the stone forts and they seem to work well. Maybe you should add some forts at the start of campaign to represent castles like kerak or settlements you didnt have room to add? Unless you are going with no forts that is (just suggestions). Keep up the amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Once again, I have no problem at all to move my camera anywhere on the map. The problem is relating to your installation, not to SSHIP itself.

I used two computer to test this problem.they all meet this bug (right installation).Then I moved SS 6.4 models_stra and descr_cultures text to ss 6.3 ,and Solved this problem.
    did you use QQ tecent intanational?(chat tools)