Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    horse riding accident. into 100 pikes. damn, what a tragedy
    This fella... true spymaster!

Thanks Gigantus and Jurand too!
    "See that they are well supplied with beverages, with their drink avidity satisfied by giving them as much beverages they want. Then they will easily get defeated by their lust of yeast as by roman arms" Tacitus, Germania 23

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
    This fella... true spymaster!
    Nah he's probably a CKII / CKIII expert.
    It's brutal but the interests of keeping the bloodline untainted sometimes require harsh decisions.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Mind that I was aware of that brutal way of solving the issue, and I wanted to prevent it (to some extent), so there're also additional financial costs of the change of FL/FH.

Selecting heir - see this post for the SSHIP-localized mechanism.

Hi, I am on SSHIP_098 doing a Georgia campaign (turn 291) and I can't get past the end-turn, no matter what action I take in the previous 2 turns. The first time I encountered an unspecified error, and every time after that I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error, R6025 - pure virtual function call. I already tried all three of these ways of installing the latest version of C++: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVkamEfY1A&t=8s . I suspect that having the latest version might actually be what causes the issue, since I installed the "Desktop development with C++" module for Visual Studio 2022 today, and I got the error shortly after.

Here is a drive link with my save file, as well as the logs when I get the unspecified error and when I get the T6025 error.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde..._9?usp=sharing

Hopefully someone can help me out, I'm almost 300 turns in and enjoying the mod, would hate to lose my progress haha

Hi SubutaiV321,
    this is just to confirm, I'm getting an error, too. Something's gone wrong there. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@SubutaiV321 :Indeed... I have the same curious, unusual error:
    RunTimeError!
    R6025
    -Pure Virtual Function Call
    After the 3rd try, I got the black panel with the classic message displayed:
    Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

The end of the log:
    ript.txt
    12:41:00.613 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 44724 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    12:41:00.613 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <log> at line 44732 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    12:41:00.613 [game.script] [always] ------ done
    12:41:00.847 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    What is curious about your campaign is that the Mongols have disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by SubutaiV321 View Post
    Hi, I am on SSHIP_098 doing a Georgia campaign (turn 291) and I can't get past the end-turn, no matter what action I take in the previous 2 turns. The first time I encountered an unspecified error, and every time after that I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error, R6025 - pure virtual function call. I already tried all three of these ways of installing the latest version of C++: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVkamEfY1A&t=8s . I suspect that having the latest version might actually be what causes the issue, since I installed the "Desktop development with C++" module for Visual Studio 2022 today, and I got the error shortly after.

Here is a drive link with my save file, as well as the logs when I get the unspecified error and when I get the T6025 error.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde..._9?usp=sharing

Hopefully someone can help me out, I'm almost 300 turns in and enjoying the mod, would hate to lose my progress haha
    hmmm, same for me - Pure virtual...
    tough luck, maybe @Belovese would come one day and try to move it on...
    for the moment, I've added your game here

i know you guys were able to change the strategy AI to be more aggressive on the campaign map. i don't know how much control you have over the battle AI. when i siege and battle a settlement that has enemy reinforcements nearby, i can set myself up at whatever direction the reinforcements are coming in from, and cut them off from the main body. its a decent strategy. the problem is, they run straight for the gate and then the town center, they don't even try to fight me even if i'm 20 steps from them. i can overwhelm them and cut them down, and they don't even try to fight back, they are solely focused on running to the center. i killed an entire supporting army that way, 0 losses.

i think i remember in vanilla, they would fight back if they made contact, i think even in SS 6.4 too. the only thing i can think of, is that maybe its because my army was too large and they were a small-to-medium sized force, and the AI decided it couldn't risk open battle and instead had to run to meet the main army. that makes sense, but it should realize that its been cut off, and fight instead.

what would be even better is if AI was smart enough to sally out and pin the player between two armies. but even im smart enough to know medieval 2 AI can't do that, no matter how good the modders are

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    i know you guys were able to change the strategy AI to be more aggressive on the campaign map. i don't know how much control you have over the battle AI. when i siege and battle a settlement that has enemy reinforcements nearby, i can set myself up at whatever direction the reinforcements are coming in from, and cut them off from the main body. its a decent strategy. the problem is, they run straight for the gate and then the town center, they don't even try to fight me even if i'm 20 steps from them. i can overwhelm them and cut them down, and they don't even try to fight back, they are solely focused on running to the center. i killed an entire supporting army that way, 0 losses.

i think i remember in vanilla, they would fight back if they made contact, i think even in SS 6.4 too. the only thing i can think of, is that maybe its because my army was too large and they were a small-to-medium sized force, and the AI decided it couldn't risk open battle and instead had to run to meet the main army. that makes sense, but it should realize that its been cut off, and fight instead.

what would be even better is if AI was smart enough to sally out and pin the player between two armies. but even im smart enough to know medieval 2 AI can't do that, no matter how good the modders are
    Relevant reflection. Although this is a fairly rare situation, it seems to have happened to me before.
    The AI ​​is probably set to "defense" mode. His main objective is to reach the city. Perhaps it would be possible to code a change of objective in case of interception...

Among our modders, I see @Belovèse or @Macaras capable of looking at this

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @SubutaiV321 :Indeed... I have the same curious, unusual error:

After the 3rd try, I got the black panel with the classic message displayed: The end of the log:

What is curious about your campaign is that the Mongols have disappeared
    They never actually appeared for some reason? At which turn should that have happened?

Quote Originally Posted by SubutaiV321 View Post
    They never actually appeared for some reason? At which turn should that have happened?
    around turn 180

Quote Originally Posted by Radosław of Bielitz View Post
    Hey there,

I am playing Polish faction. 2 turns ago I received notification that Prussian region (Królewiec, can't remember how it was called before I conquered it) will rebel for sure unless I will give them 3000 florins and even that sum of money does not guarantee they will stay peaceful. I didn't receive any options to confirm that I agree or not, btw.

The game crashed while trying to get to the next turn, however I restarted it and managed to pass that turn. Sadly though the game crashes everytime now. My guess is that the rebelion is starting, but it's bugged.

Note: when they first rebelled many turns ago (without any warning), they rebelled as Lithuania, despite I didn't claim the city from than faction, but from the "gray rebels". But at that moment Lithuania is gone, because they choose to pick a fight with me

Some logs, not sure if it's relevant:

Code:
    10:26:44.326 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.326 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.329 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.329 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.333 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.333 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.337 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.337 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.341 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.341 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.344 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.344 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.348 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.348 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.351 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.351 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.354 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral_AI> fired
    10:26:44.354 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1E3F9CB0 against faction 1E431186
    10:26:44.427 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    10:26:44.427 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    10:26:44.492 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Saved fame file:
    Attachment 369733
    Did anyone had any luck with checking that one? I would really like to finish that particular gameplay. So any tips about getting through that scripted event would be very appreciated.

@Radosław from Bielitz: Your attachment does not go through. The file is seen as "dangerous" and I cannot open it. Could you post it on another server?

error
    Last edited by kostic; December 03, 2023 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Radosław from Bielitz: Your attachment does not go through. The file is seen as "dangerous" and I cannot open it. Could you post it on another server?
    Sure thing. I uploaded it to my GDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hj5...ew?usp=sharing
    Please let me know if that works.

@@Radosław from Bielitz : THANKS. I was able to download your backup.
    Alas yes, the game crashes as soon as I pass the turn.
    Is this related to the naval invasion script ? My full log also ends on the same lines as you

Did anyone had any luck with checking that one? I would really like to finish that particular gameplay. So any tips about getting through that scripted event would be very appreciated.
    I cannot open the file, but what may work is to check what factions turn is it that the crash appear. Then you can try console command: surrender_regions 'faction' . If you are lucky that's a faction that you don't border with.. Then after some turns the faction may reemerge anyway. I can check what faction it is if you send the whole log.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I cannot open the file, but what may work is to check what factions turn is it that the crash appear. Then you can try console command: surrender_regions 'faction' . If you are lucky that's a faction that you don't border with.. Then after some turns the faction may reemerge anyway. I can check what faction it is if you send the whole log.
    That would be amazing! I archived my logs and launched the crashing campaing to get you the logs just for that context. Here's a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mEs...7ZnHjInWw/view
    As for the game file save, just a FYI, I re-uploaded it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hj5...Ht4Fg_mnC/view

That would be amazing! I archived my logs and launched the crashing campaing to get you the logs just for that context. Here's a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mEs...7ZnHjInWw/view
    As for the game file save, just a FYI, I re-uploaded it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hj5...Ht4Fg_mnC/view
    Try open console and type: surrender_regions abbasid and then next turn, maybe it will pass the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Try open console and type: surrender_regions abbasid and then next turn, maybe it will pass the error.
    Thanks for the suggestion Macaras. By destroying Abbasid faction I managed to get pass that turn (up to 2-3 turns more) and then the game became extremely unstable for me. Frequent "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." and occasional "pure virtual function calls". Even during the game save or... load!
    I can provide a saved game that fails to load if that would be useful for you (note: I managed to create more than one such "corrupted" saved game), but I wonder if you guys can trigger that by yourself with my original saved file and Macaras`suggestion (i.e you should not be able to pass a third turn for some reason).