Page 30 of 306 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580130 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

MWY has worked on these files if I remember correctly. So I let him to answer.
    I've never used that QQ.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

No clue to be honest. Nobody else has reported this bug yet and I haven't experienced it either..

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    No clue to be honest. Nobody else has reported this bug yet and I haven't experienced it either..
    my computer intel's integrated graphics --- Intel Haswell HD Graphics-GT1
    is it ok?

you could downlord QQ (google it ,many people use it)

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    I have had bugs like this before - I had one a while back around the Pyrenees, but loading an earlier save fixed the problem. No issues around the Caucasus on my current save. Been a problem in Rome too.

Blog Entries

@ lookclap, I found this about what can cause your CTD:

Mod CTD during game, viewing the strat map

CTD when nearby a region
    Q: When you get near to a region M2TW crashes. The error log says nothing.

A: If a region is too large this can cause M2TW to crash. To fix this try breaking the region up into smaller regions.

CTD while trying to view a settlement in a region
    Q: When you try to view a settlement in a region M2TW crashes. The error log says nothing.

A: This can be caused by a settlement having a total religious level that is not 100. To fix this you need to open the 'data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt' file and change the religious levels in the problem settlment so that they are 100 in total. Then delete the 'data\world\maps\base\map.rwm' file so the changes will take effect.

CTD while trying to view a rebel settlement in a region
    Q: When you try to view a rebel settlement in a region M2TW crashes. The error log says nothing.

A: If a rebel settlement contains rebels that the slave faction is not allowed to have M2TW will crash (unlike other factions which are fine regardless of units in a settlement). To fix this problem open the 'data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt' file and find which rebels are in the problem settlement. Then open the 'data/descr_rebel_factions.txt' file, find the problem rebel group, and replace their units with units from another rebel group. Test to see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn't try a different rebel group until M2TW stops crashing. Once you've got a working rebel group you can try changing the units present to get rebels that suit the region.
    I'll let you check the relevant files you have because in my installation, they're ok.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Just confirming that I have no issues with CTD's watching that area (or any other) of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post

I'll let you check the relevant files you have because in my installation, they're ok.

I have use # CITIES&CASTLES STRAT MODELS v.1.0 # (models_strat)to instead the strat of 083 SSHIP models and solve this problem.
    So the problem is on here
    by the way ,you could download QQ international ,it can creat chat group (2000 thousand people on line)
    (chat tools),such as many english teacher also use this

it's very eays and convinent
    you could google "QQ international ,and intall it

it can send the file(such as,quicksave ,etc,Prscrn the photos of the game)

its'very convinet to conmunicate (just like face to face )

Blog Entries

I personnally don't have the need to use QQ for now. This subforum plus some other "duties" on TWC and real life stuff keep me enough busy without adding something else

IAmMarshicus's Avatar Laetus

Hey, just started playing SS again and felt like trying something different.

I apologise if this isn't a bug or I've missed something but I cannot find anything about it on these forums. My units that I would normally make garrisons in cities/castles don't appear to be getting classed as "free upkeep"... Normally the background on the units would change to a different colour from the rest of the units that need upkeep. Is this a bug, part of the mod, or have I somehow managed to mess up a simple drag and drop install? I'm enjoying the mod so far and am looking forward to an update, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHandsy View Post
    Hey, just started playing SS again and felt like trying something different.

I apologise if this isn't a bug or I've missed something but I cannot find anything about it on these forums. My units that I would normally make garrisons in cities/castles don't appear to be getting classed as "free upkeep"... Normally the background on the units would change to a different colour from the rest of the units that need upkeep. Is this a bug, part of the mod, or have I somehow managed to mess up a simple drag and drop install? I'm enjoying the mod so far and am looking forward to an update, thanks!
    Hahaha the famous question... Dont worry Handsy, unit free upkeep it isn't a bug, it was removed because it was unrealistic and no fear for gameplay,currently all units have maintenang cost
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

IAmMarshicus's Avatar Laetus

Oh aha, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I could get used to the extra challenge.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by IAmMarshicus View Post

I apologise if this isn't a bug or I've missed something but I cannot find anything about it on these forums.
    We had a lengthy discussion about it literally the other day, haha.

Couple of minor bugs, I've found recently:
    1) The campaign map has spots, that cannot be reached normally via movement, but the rebels or heretics can be spawned there, so they can't be removed. Exemplary heretic in the attachment.

2) I've found building, which I suppose should be hidden but it's perfectly visible. It's called "Region Owner Switch Public Order Bonus". In my campaign I've encountered it in Bolghar. At first I forgot to make screen-shot and I conquered the city and the building was gone, but after 30+ turns it re-spawned automatically. I don't mind the buff to public order, but it feels like something not intended. Screen-shot is also in attachments.

3) Ships in lakes. This problem, I think exists in original Stainless Steel, but in this sub-mod normal faction AI tends to hire the ships on lakes and even hide an army there. However they never use that army again, even if I'm conquering their last province nearby. Also such ships are causing the storms to happen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bug 2.JPG   bug1.JPG  

Yes crudelis, your point 2 i also see in my gameplay, it is very strange this building in Bolghar...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A few tiny errors I've come across.
    There are multiple entries in edb for Turskish Archers for non Muslim factions which means I can recruit up to 8 units in several places.
    Armenian Nakhar Infantry uses swords, but their description and edu say they use maces.
    And Armenian Aspet Infantry are javelinmen but are labelled as bowmen.

I have found the problem ,it my wrong installation .(before mistake is due to I read the save file ,this time ,I restall it ,and restart the game ,it's ok)

By the way ,I found the AI is too week, I have 64 district more than 30 huge city and more than 10 cidetial ,but the AI only have town or small town or minor city ,or castle .(the AI is crying for this...) (after 500 turns)

Blog Entries

Not all settlements are fully upgradable. Which faction are you playing?

Not all settlements are fully upgradable. Which faction are you playing?

france