Page 301 of 306 FirstFirst ... 201251276291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306 LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 6109

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

My suspicion is that his model didn't translate properly which drives the crash when he gets merged with the turkish army.

Any chance you can 1) give me the console commands to destroy the seljuq faction (e.g. surrender_regions "faction name of Dalwat-i Saljuqian" and help me move Arthur's character to me so I can kill him off? Move_character wasn't working for me with him. Thanks!!

try turks or seljuks. i was confused too on what to write for selected factions, but it seems the game kept with very easy one word core names

This works, but i still need to kill the character...crashes when he eventually joins another rebel army

A small but quite important detail I noticed when out of interest looking at the starting position of Denmark: the heir, Magnus, is missing the bloodline trait.

Code:
    ; Island of Fynn - on the way to conquer Ribe
    character    Magnus, named character, male, heir, battle_model heir_general, age 26, x 158, y 241 
    traits Factionleader 2 , LogisticalSkill 2 , GoodEngineer 2 , LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , StrategyDread 1 , Intelligent 6 , Generous 1 , ReligionStarter 1,    HaleAndHearty 6 
    ancillaries knight_beserker
    Compared to his father and younger brother:

Code:
    ; LUND
    character    Ingolf, named character, male, age 16, x 172, y 247 
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , GovernorInclination 1 , PublicFaith 1 , Gregarious 1 , Royal_Blood_Danish 1 , Intelligent 6 , ReligionStarter 1 , Wantschool 4, HaleAndHearty 6 
    ancillaries tutor
    Code:
    ; ROSKILDE
    character    Niels Svendsen, named character, male, leader, battle_model king_general, age 68, x 164, y 246 
    traits Factionleader 3 ... Royal_Blood_Danish 1 , KingsAuthority 4,    HaleAndHearty 6 , ThinksOfHisPeople 1
    ancillaries shieldbearer

In my campaing with Venice I am at turn 35. I have venice, milan, genova, pisa, bologna, firenze and costantinopole. All with markets and still the game says that I cannot recruit merchants as I have reached the cap, having only the 3 merchants I received at the beginning.

In Milano and Bologna for instance in the recruitment page of the settlement, merchants are not even displayed.

If you want I can share my save file with you.

Also a small suggestion: I come from near Venice and I would call Venice with its dialect name "Venexia" as here the "x" is pronounced as an "s" sound.

for the almoravids faction, when you click on the Ksar chainbuilding it is not possible to see the information panel of the units available (right button mouse)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

A small but quite important detail I noticed when out of interest looking at the starting position of Denmark: the heir, Magnus, is missing the bloodline trait.
    Vovery, thanks, will be fixed in next version!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I am trying to assist a user on discord with bug hunting - the game crashes as soon as he presses the turn end button and by way of elimination the crash seems to originate from the campaign_script file as disabling it (via descr_strat) allows to proceed onto the campaign map.

I suggested re-downloading the ZIP installer file and re-installing in the hope that it is a corrupted download - any indication that it might be something else?

Hello!
    I was playing a campaign with France yesterday. We are at turn 20. My faction leader is besiegieng Utrecht ; his has maximum authority, or close to it.
    At turn 21, the city is taken, and my faction leader suddenly has 0 authority!

I tried things differently: for instance letting my faction leader away from the siege: same thing, he loses all authority from one turn to the other.

The lack of authority could make sense just after the death of the previous ruler (a few turns before actually), I've already seen it when a young heir becomes faction leader. That's not what happenned here: the young faction leader had max authority for a few turns after the death of his father, then he lost it all for no obvious reason.

10 turns later, his authority was back to 4-5, so not a big deal, but it did look like a bug.

Here are my saves for turn 20 and 21, if somebody wants to have a look:

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/ubIu0vks#link

Battles always crash when I use Mounted Acritae and Scholarii soldiers in wars with Byzantium

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@komoko53 : Your crash may not have been caused by the Mounted Acritae or the Scholarii (I've just checked with a test). On the other hand, the crash may be due to the Symmachika tagmata unit named Castrophilakae in the EDU (a crash encountered a few weeks ago and which will be corrected in the next version).If this is the case, go to the EDU file (export_descr_units) and modify the officer line as follows:
    type Castrophilakae
    dictionary Castrophilakae ; Castrophilakae : feudal levy, factional
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_spear
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Byzantine_Infantry, 48, 0, 1.05
    officer byzantine_unit_officer
    officer scoutatoi_sword_standard
    @Mr Sneeze : This loss-of-authority bug is well known (and currently unresolved). When the authority exceeds the maximum, it returns to 0. Is it really taken away from the general? I don't know...

Playing as Abbassids I noticed I can build Italian trade quarters in Al Basra and Derbent, surely not intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Mr Sneeze : This loss-of-authority bug is well known (and currently unresolved). When the authority exceeds the maximum, it returns to 0. Is it really taken away from the general? I don't know...
    Ah, interesting! Thank you for your answer Kostic
    No real impact for my campagin. But could it also happen anytime the king has full authority, isnt' it something that can creates civil wars out of nothing?

I've got two saves that always crash at the end of the turn. One is from my England campaign, the other from Abbassid. If someone could check it out please.
    https://mega.nz/file/HgF3ADqK#biUw9T...SSRcNkveLV5Dw8
    https://mega.nz/file/bllSSbpD#vVANZR...Phvu9y5SJ177yo

Tonight I encountered 2 strange bugs with the Utrecht attack (France vs Hre) whose doors were opened by my spy:
    1 - I notice that some of the men in my Norman Serjeants don't have spears (a check of the files and a personalized battle test show no errors).
    2- As soon as the men enter the city gate, the game crashes.

Here's what the log says
    00:34:16.813 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hre/NE_large_wooden_palisade.texture
    00:34:16.813 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/BlockSet/Textures/NE_large_wooden_palisade.texture
    00:34:16.813 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/BlockSet/Textures/NE_large_wooden_palisade.texture
    00:34:16.813 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hre/NE_large_wooden_palisade_normal.texture
    00:34:16.813 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/hre/NE_large_wooden_palisade_normal.texture
    00:34:16.813 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/BlockSet/Textures/NE_large_wooden_palisade_normal.texture
    00:34:16.813 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/BlockSet/Textures/NE_large_wooden_palisade_normal.texture
    00:34:21.416 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/generic/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga
    00:34:21.416 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    00:34:21.416 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga.dds
    00:34:21.416 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    00:34:21.416 [system.io] [trace] file open,,2FB97370,244212
    00:34:21.416 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    00:34:21.417 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31922 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    00:34:21.417 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 31946 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    00:34:28.155 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga,244212
    00:34:28.155 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    00:34:28.155 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga,244212
    00:34:28.156 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    00:34:52.876 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Here's my savegame 1215 Utrecht Bug

I may have an explanation for the missing spears... The Norman Serjeants unit was assigned to ladders by default. I transferred the ladders to the archers. Maybe that's the reason?

@Waluk : I confirm the CTD with the Abbasids.
    It occurs at the very end of the turn, almost simultaneously with the "gunpower" event.
    17:56:12.482 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture17:56:12.482 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    17:56:12.482 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/afternoon_storm.lighting,,,-185
    17:56:12.490 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/event/gunpowder_invented.bik]Pause on
    17:56:12.490 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/event/gunpowder_invented.bik]Pause on
    17:56:12.490 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    17:56:12.490 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    17:56:12.571 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    On the other hand, I didn't get any CTD from your English campaign. Here's the savegame after the tour: England 2+
    Last edited by kostic; March 12, 2024 at 12:55 PM.

I've found the cause of what I called the "Utrecht Bug" above!

The image shows a unit card with only 2 units. In this case, it's an officer + flag bearer on the field. As soon as this unit reaches the city gate, the game crashes!
    Simply leave this unit behind, and everything proceeds as normal.
    You can see that the Norman Serjeants have also recovered their missing spears, as soon as they're back in action.

guys I have this problem on turn 210. Playing with Norway

https://prnt.sc/KtqMhCiMsUTs

Can someone help me to pass this trough? I try it reload the game same turns before and still happen the same.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocho41 View Post
    guys I have this problem on turn 210. Playing with Norway https://prnt.sc/KtqMhCiMsUTs
    Can someone help me to pass this trough? I try it reload the game same turns before and still happen the same.
    Upload a save, we'll try to move a turn ahead, but no guarantees it would succeed.

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/pec94ttO#link

I have to say it I try it go back a few turns, move some potential characters and try different moves, but nothing works. So pls if u can move a turn ahead will be amazing, even if a lose a battle.
    200 turns in SHHIP its a loot of hours, approximately plus 50 hours so I will appreciate it for life .

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocho41 View Post
    https://filetransfer.io/data-package/pec94ttO#link

I have to say it I try it go back a few turns, move some potential characters and try different moves, but nothing works. So pls if u can move a turn ahead will be amazing, even if a lose a battle.
    200 turns in SHHIP its a loot of hours, approximately plus 50 hours so I will appreciate it for life .
    I have tried saving it a few times but it crashes every time either on the France's turn, or (if I just delete France) on the HRE turn. I don't think it can be salvaged unless you've got an older file. I'm sorry.