Page 32 of 306 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782132 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hi this is the only flaw I have seen and I'm just now noticing it actually, it's extremely hard to produce sons in your royal family sometimes. If you have had an ongoing unbroken male line for some time and the only reason it is broken is bc your king or heir could not have a son but had 7 daughters I mean that's insane. So if you guys could is maybe tweak that somehow thanks.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's not due to SSHIP but to the original game. Not sure that it can be fixed. your only option to survive is to accept an adoption.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Or just wait till the daughters are old enough and accept marriage requests.

Does the game differentiate between a natural son, an adopted son and one who has married a natural daughter?

Thanks for the answer back, but I figured as much that's a shame really. It's aggravating more than anything, but I'll tel you what has seemed to be working. I'm playing as Leon-Castille as of right now and I save game every turn just in case of a crash or something, and his first child was of coarse, a daughter well I decided to re-load the turn before this one that I had saved, and when I hit next turn button I was expecting to see a daughter born like last time but instead it was a son, so I suggest maybe if your having too many girls and you want a son and heir to do what I did it may have to be done 2 o 3 times but if you want the same dynasty without some random generals becoming kings then do as I did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Or just wait till the daughters are old enough and accept marriage requests.

Does the game differentiate between a natural son, an adopted son and one who has married a natural daughter?
    If I remember correctly, there's no difference. I don't think it will affect the game that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor17
    Thanks for the answer back, but I figured as much that's a shame really. It's aggravating more than anything, but I'll tel you what has seemed to be working. I'm playing as Leon-Castille as of right now and I save game every turn just in case of a crash or something, and his first child was of coarse, a daughter well I decided to re-load the turn before this one that I had saved, and when I hit next turn button I was expecting to see a daughter born like last time but instead it was a son, so I suggest maybe if your having too many girls and you want a son and heir to do what I did it may have to be done 2 o 3 times but if you want the same dynasty without some random generals becoming kings then do as I did.
    That's something I always find funny. Actually, during that period, the rulers didn't care that much about their blood line. They never hesitated to marry their daughters and/or sons with the one from upper local lords or the one from foreign rulers as long there was a benefit for them (extra land, alliance, peace, political influence increased, etc...).
    I don't care so much about my blood line when I play. I just choose wisely the marriage proposals for "my" daughters. If the General is young and have good traits, I accept most of the time. If not, I refuse.
    At the end, I have a good mix between "blood line" generals and "adopted/married" generals
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 01, 2015 at 07:01 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I get a CTD once in a while when I open the building/recruitment scroll in some of the cities/castles, or when I double click some AI owned cities/castles. Someone else has this problem as well?

Blog Entries

Never got that. Check the 1st post to know how to get a detailed log and next time it happens, post it here. That migth help to find out

After my Zengid campaign collapsed due to two usurpers in a row I did a clean install to better help you folks with any bugs I may find.

So far, 8 turns into a Portugal campaign I've noticed that Caballeros Villanos left their swords at home. Javelins show fine, however in a melee they swing a big chunk of imagination at their enemies (who are kind enough to play along and "die").

Blog Entries

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll check them.

Could someone please tell me how to install or merge the data folders for 8.2 and 8.3 on widows 7 it's just not working thank you.

Blog Entries

When you copy the data folder, a window should pop up, asking if you want to merge the folders. Just accept.

Thank you for replying I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong so in the end I just deleted data folder and used the one from my xp system and it worked.

Hello all.

I'm really looking forward to play this mod, but I have a very abrupt CTD as soon as I start Stainless Steel. I see the brilliant new artwork, before the application closes immediately. I followed the installation instructions to the letter, with RR enabled and the correct AI set in the Early Campaign, and drag and dropped the full install data folder into: Medieval II Total War -> mods -> SS6.3, and replaced all conflicting files with the SSHIP data files.

As this is a CTD issue I looked for a system log line. The logs folder in Medieval II Total War was empty, but I did find this in the system.log document in SS6.3

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    21:42:35.974 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2

Could I have made a mistake during installation?

Blog Entries

It could be the reason or the file has been corrupted during the download.
    Try to re-install SSHIP but prior to merge the data folder, extract it into a temporary folder. Then, merge it with the original one.

Just so I understand your instructions clearly, there's only the data folder included in the full install download, correct? There's no install.exe?

All I need to do, is drag and drop that data folder into the SS6.3 folder and move/replace all files?

Blog Entries

Yes, that's the way.

With a clean install of 6.4 and only Savage AI enabled, and following the installation instructions, I still get an immediate CTD after several seconds of seeing the introductory artwork.

!

I tried running SS_Launcher as an adminstrator and the game loaded successful to the campaign map.

Blog Entries

Glad you sorted out.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Hey Lifth,

This was probably pointed out before, but I'll put it here anyway.

-The Mercenary Crossbowmen (the ones you can recruit in British isles) crossbow has a weird expanding string.

-The Mercenary Frankish Knights are missing/borked textures (the horses are fine) They actually look kind of hilarious
    Are those pots? they look like pots.

also I just noticed the Feudal knights have faces under their greathelmets, really nice touch there!

keep up the good work.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW