Page 55 of 306 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 6109

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Potential bug: When you go into negative finances, your mercenaries automatically disband.
    This also includes any regional units.
    Playing as Denmark, this also includes the Drengjar and Norse archers and such. Basically 80% of all my standing forces, including the entire garrison of several towns disbanded. That's a bit rough!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's not a bug. That's intended. However, I agree that it needs to be adjusted. The wazy it works now is a bit too fast from my point of view. It should be progresive like losing 10% the 1st turn, then 20% more the next turn and so on.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Can you re-use the "Crusader army desertion" script? You get a warning first, then a couple of units start deserting, then bigger groups and then the entire army. Something similar would make sense.

It happened quite quickly. I was besieging a town with almost a full stack. This was quite expensive of course, but I just barely had enough money in the bank to make due, if I stopped production meanwhile.
    Then in one turn, the HRE betrayed me and was besieging Lübeck which was my wealthiest town. Loss of taxes and the trade agreement hurt. To make it worse, my best merchant dies - suddently I'm into the red and my entire army instantly disbands :O

Thank you Lifthrasir, it worked It works now

No, we can't use the crusader desertion script since it's hardcoded. I can only disband all of them, or none. Right now, it triggers when you are more than 2500 florins in debth. That's the only thing that could be adjusted.

Blog Entries

Can it be adjusted with a turn amount? I mean, you reach 2500 fl debt but no army disband happens for 2 or 3 extra turns. But at least, the player receives a message at the 1st turn to warn him. Is that possible?

@ HatzDweller, you're welcome
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    No, we can't use the crusader desertion script since it's hardcoded. I can only disband all of them, or none. Right now, it triggers when you are more than 2500 florins in debth. That's the only thing that could be adjusted.
    Would it be possible to send a warning notification first time you go below 2500 debt, and then add +1 to a "desertion" trigger for every turn you're more than 2500 in debt, and if that trigger reaches, say 3, then fire the disband everyone script?
    If you then got out of debt before the trigger reached 3, if would be reset.

Ok, I have weird sound problem. The music is playing fine, but other than that there aren't any sounds. When I click on a unit card, or agent, or general I hear just a small "thud" and that's it. No speech whatsoever.

Blog Entries

It looks like you didn't delete the .idx and .dat file in the "sounds" folder as mentioned in the installation instructions.

3.a) If you have an English version, delete the idx and dat files in the SS6.3/data/sounds/ folder. The game will regenerate them. If you're still have an German accent and you're called "my Kaiser", download and install the 2nd soundfix made by MWY and delete the idx and dat files in the SS6.3/data/sounds/ folder.

3.b) If you don't have an English version, install the sound fix in the SS6.3/data/ folder and then delete the .idx and .dat files in the SS6.3/data/sounds/ folder.If you're still have an German accent and you're called "my Kaiser", download and install the 2nd soundfix made by MWY and delete the idx and dat files in the SS6.3/data/sounds/ folder.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 11, 2016 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Aaarrggh, typo again

I already did that, both points actually...

Blog Entries

In that case, Just be patient if you don't mind. Our next patch should be ready soon and hopefully should fix that issue.

Ok, thanks for the info

Potential bug/Crash. I am playing with PISA and I cannot attack Florence. Game crashes. I can conquer Verona and other cities, tested that...
    I uninstalled and re-installed also, same problem. I this a known issue? Any patch fixes? Please help.
    Thanks
    BTW nice sub mod. I use to help in SS back in the days with graphics, unit cards and minor stuff.
    I am glad that this mod is still around, and I saw that it won an award. Very happy to see that...

Blog Entries

Check this post about Italian Cavalry Militia.

If you don't know how to do it, just PM me

Found the model.db, that file is ok, you corrected that already. But I cant find the EDU file. Where is it?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

It's located in the "data" folder. However, that's not the cause of the CTD.
    And no, I didn't corrected it. You should double check.
    In the battle_models.modeldb file located in the unit_models subfolder in the data folder, for Italian_Cavalry_Militia, you have originally:
    Code:
    5 slave 
    68 unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_slave.texture 
    68 unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_normal.texture 0
    Replace the "68" in red by "67". You should get:
    Code:
    5 slave 
    67 unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_slave.texture 
    68 unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_normal.texture 0

Got it, thanks!

Blog Entries

Good. Let me know if it has solved your CTD.

Thanks, but I found something else. When building St. Johns Chapter House, it displays that you can build Knights of Hospitaler units, but then after you build the building, its gone, and no units are available.
    Is there a fix to this? You got to have Knights Hospitaler in game, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nonnob3 View Post
    Thanks, but I found something else. When building St. Johns Chapter House, it displays that you can build Knights of Hospitaler units, but then after you build the building, its gone, and no units are available.
    Is there a fix to this? You got to have Knights Hospitaler in game, right?
    Yes, there's a fix: Don't be an evil bastard.
    In order to be able to recruit any Knightly order, you need to have a decent reputation. Anything above "Dubious" I believe.