Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teutonic Knights in SSHIP

Default Teutonic Knights in SSHIP

Can we recruit the Teutonic Knights in this update SSHIP? I see there are houses of Teuton, but it only increases something about economics and public rate.

Senator

Default Re: Teutonic Knights in SSHIP

I believe you can, so long as your global reputation is high enough.

The problem with this being you pretty much cannot occupy settlements due to public order and income issues, so as soon as you go to war and sack a few cities your reputation is permenantly in the drain. So recruit 'em early...

Glad to hear that I can.

In fact, I hold many good settlements now in year 1242 with Major teuton chapter houses, and my income is usually above 100k, but still cannot recruit them.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Actually, I'm not sure you can recruit them as basically we have replaced TO by Serbia. However, it is planned to reintroduce some of their units in the futur.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Actually, I'm not sure you can recruit them as basically we have replaced TO by Serbia. However, it is planned to reintroduce some of their units in the futur.
    Ok I see your point, bro. At least, we know what's happening

Senator

Really? I've seen factions with them before...

You can recruit them with a teutonic chapter house when your global reputation is high enough and your not excommunicated. The global reputation system is a bit flawed in the current release though, and is going to be overhauled with the next release.

Those the other religious others suffer with reputation ?

As the Republic of Venice I had the Hospitaller Knights but they suddenly vanish and my reputation is in Untrustworthy is that the case ?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post
    Those the other religious others suffer with reputation ?

As the Republic of Venice I had the Hospitaller Knights but they suddenly vanish and my reputation is in Untrustworthy is that the case ?
    Yes, that is the case. Same thing happened to me.

Can any pro explain to me more clearly about "global reputation system", please? Ex: how to see, how to increase...???

It is quite sad when hearing about "the global reputation system is a bit flawed in this current version". In fact, I have a feeling that the issue affects the recruitment of other religious orders' troops, too. I have many Templar and Hospitaller houses but have never seen them available for making troops, except playing as Crusader States.
    Last edited by minhnd6789; August 19, 2014 at 06:48 AM.

Yep, all religious knights are affected by this. The current system normalises around -.1 after some time, you get negative values for wars, executions, sackings etc. and positive ones for releasing prisoners etc. if your standing drops below -.2 you cant recruit the knights anymore.

In the next version, the standing normalises to .4 with time. You cant recruit religious knights if the reputation drops below -.3. The reputation system also affects ai decisions more, and the triggers for gaining/losing reputation are overhauled. It's not only execute/release anymore, its fighting the right factions (muslims as a christian faction f.e.), building social/religious buildings, assisting an ally, bribing, breaking threaty terms, etcetc.

Senator

That sounds excellent. With how hard it is to maintain order and high income, occupying is difficult to do as public order in captured settlements is so low. Then it's just a vicious circle since lower reputation = more wars.

Default Montesa knight ?

I have one question, is posibble to recruit montesa knight in sship ?

Can any mod check again for CONFIRMATION of Yes or NO to recruit religious order troops in this 8.2 version, please?

I am playing for hundreds turns and have to say that I cannot recruit any of them.

You know, wars of Middle Ages were well-known of religious armies. Playing without them is really sad

you can recruit them if your global standing is high enough. But getting there is pretty hard in the current version.

Montesa knights have temporarely been removed, you can recruit teutonic knights, templars and hospitallers atm.

So TO never arrives into Baltics? Well, that sucks. I've kept a full stack in Riga for nothing.

Just FYI

;===================== ORDER RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS =======================
    declare_counter order_recruitment_enabled
    set_counter order_recruitment_enabled 0
    declare_counter order_leaves
    set_counter order_leaves 0
    declare_counter templar_independence
    set_counter templar_independence 0

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    set_event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 0
    end_monitor

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart TrueCondition
    and GlobalStanding > -0.7
    and not FactionExcommunicated

set_event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event BuildingCompleted TrueCondition
    and NumBuildingsCompleted templars_major_ch > 12

set_event_counter templar_independence 1

historic_event templar_greed
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    If you copy this into your campaign_script file over all the original ;===================== ORDER RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS =======================, you may be able to recruit Orders despite being a treacherous loon.
    The original value was and GlobalStanding > -0.3
    Which would not allow for much in the way of trouble making, whereas I set it to -0.7 which should give a lot of leeway in Order Recruitment.
    That said, I've not play tested it so I could be talking hot air.

Hello,

Sorry for digging old thread, but i have problem with hospitallers order: in buiding description IS writen that i can recruit them but in recruit menu unit doesnt exist. I'm not excommunicated and have reliable/mixed reputation.

I have problem with Hospitaller, too. I have a Hospitaller minor chapter house at fortress Basel (~turn 1246, event Hospitaller Spread has just passed), and in the description it says i can recruit 01 Hospitaller foot knight. But on the list of troops to build, there is no icon of Hospitaller to click. do i miss any thing? Hospitaller need higher reputation to recruit than Knight Templar?

In fact, at the moment, I think my reputation is good. I can build Templer foot knight in several places but it is weird for recruiting Hospitaller foot knight. Please advice me.

How does the unrest from chapter houses work? Does it exist at all, or is it something else which makes it rise over time by small increments?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast