Thread: How can i start a campaign with the map unlock?

Icon14 How can i start a campaign with the map unlock?

HI

I have an issue, why when you start a campaign you cannot see where are the settlements? it doestn have sense to explore the map like America i like the fog of war but not to explore the map to know where are the settlements.

PST: the map color and textures are amazing, looks like a renascentis paint
    Last edited by keizzer; December 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: How can i start a campaign with the map unlock?

You just need to open the console (don't know which pad to press on your keyboard) and write "toggle_fow" (without the ""); then press "enter". The whole map should appear. Write "exit" and press "enter". You're done.
    There should be a thread on SS forum that explain it. By using the search engine, you should find it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

So i should disable fog of war and then enable again, Thanks.

PST: It didnt works, the settlements disappear and i want to keep the localization of the settlements in the map with fog of war
    Last edited by keizzer; December 24, 2014 at 07:43 AM.

I think to ask this question did not have to create a theme)

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by keizzer View Post
    So i should disable fog of war and then enable again, Thanks.

PST: It didnt works, the settlements disappear and i want to keep the localization of the settlements in the map with fog of war
    Ah, I see your issue. You'll need to acquire map information from the respective factions. Send a diplomat or two around the world and buy map information from every faction. That should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Ah, I see your issue. You'll need to acquire map information from the respective factions. Send a diplomat or two around the world and buy map information from every faction. That should do the trick.
    I just want to have the world map like empire tw. The map informacion exchange doesnt have sense to me.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by keizzer View Post
    I just want to have the world map like empire tw. The map informacion exchange doesnt have sense to me.
    Well I'm afraid that's the way it is.

You start Medieval II in the Dark Ages. People barely knew their own borders, let alone the world outside them. In the time of Empire, the major settlements of the world were known to most people.

You gotta explore. All you have to do is get map information once. And really, you should have diplomats going around everywhere anyway in order to get trade rights etc. So it isn't that much of an additional task. Once you've seen the settlement, it'll be there forever.