Thread: About Modding

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Default About Modding

So, even if GW doesn't allow mods and the community could update Pack File Manager ( of course, admittedly that the system will be similar to S2 or Rome 2), what can we expect? Some balances for sure, but what "wild ideas" could come from Warhammer TW?

Please, I'm not trying to be negative or to undervalue any mod or work to come, but what can we do?
    I mean, in Napoleon TW we have The Great War Mod; in Attila we have Medieval, etc... I suspect that in Warhammer TW we'll can only mod the Warhammer Universe.
    Sorry about my English! I'm from Brazil...
    Thanks in advance

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: About Modding

- Balance mod. Change stats of units
    - Maybe AI changes. Saw mods in past
    - Buildings mods. Change stats, way they work
    - Province boost. See my mod.
    - New units. Add different color units to empire from other province after conquered for example.
    - Chaos gods mod. If upgrade available, it should be possible same way as in Rome2 Upgrade units. So from Black warriors to red, green, blue or purple.
    I didn't see yet units are upgrade able yet sadly.
    Last edited by joedreck; April 29, 2016 at 02:58 AM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Could like it be possible to make the steamtank a chariot acting unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Probably- it already knocks models down so increasing the speed or charge could do more damage.

As for mods- I am really hoping to be able to mod spells, buildings, encamped/raiding stats/recruitment, and a few other things like corruption and agent missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    What do you mean by that?

It need to be waited until its actually finished to know this, but If there are some similar carryover things that still retained from Attila and Rome, there could be some things from Attila and Rome possible to be ported over. Well, the style won't fit, but, think of this: If this is the case, there are some things can't be done in Warhammer because of the lack of Official Modkit, that can be done in Attila Modkit, then ported over using PFM?

I'm really curious, what scripters can do with this game, seeing them doing breaktrough with R2 population system.

Senator

My question were wether you could possibly transfer for example ATW variantmeshes into Warhammer? You could from R2TW to ATW but the engine is similar. I would like to create human units looking different from the existing ones as exotic mercenaries.

A better Lord of the Rings mod.
    A load of mods around zombies.
    'Adventuring' mods - with Lords taking on armies.

Age of mythology mod would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    My question were wether you could possibly transfer for example ATW variantmeshes into Warhammer? You could from R2TW to ATW but the engine is similar. I would like to create human units looking different from the existing ones as exotic mercenaries.
    Who knows? We could only know when the game release. If the man skeleton don't change, then we can add as many man models as we want using Attila tools as converter. clothings, helmet, armours, anything, even custom-made ones not originally from Attila. Of course, the models won't work on Dwarf, Orc, Ogres, etc.

But I won't bet on it. Most likely even men would get a new skeleton in addition of skeletons of other races.

I do wonder, how about weapons and shields? Those generally only stick to one bone, aren't they? Siege Engines? Also, Buildings? Its only a rigidmodel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus_Malorkus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flippers View Post
    Age of mythology mod would be interesting
    How? We won't get Map Editors and Model Converters, remember?
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; May 03, 2016 at 05:03 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Ayyy lmao, c'mon Rise of Mordor is going well if slowly.

For sure there will be the need for major changes and balancing. mainly unit stats and textures, although Im not sure there is much room for the later given the fact that WH models are set in stone and there cant be much variation, which is both good and bad. Im pretty sure most of the changes will revolve around these things. If we are lucky a team will take up the task of overhauling the campaign economy and buildings. In other words the usual mods that are out there right now. And in my opinion all these things are required to ensure the longevity and replayability of the game since its only 5 factions for now.

I didn't realise how bad the modding is going to be for this. That's disappointing, GW will go bust sooner or later with this kind of mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by VxBoredxV View Post
    Ayyy lmao, c'mon Rise of Mordor is going well if slowly.
    I thought it was still running off Medieval Total War. My apologies, just catching up with the developments now.

How easy would it be to bring in a faction from Attilla into Warhammer? So, for example, have a fight between the Huns and Chaos.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

How easy would it be to bring in a faction from Attilla into Warhammer? So, for example, have a fight between the Huns and Chaos.
    All depends whether Warhammer's database files are similar to Rome 2 and Attila's.
    If its similar, doing it for custom battles it could be easy, but you'd probably have to import all the animations tables and stuff, and it'd be like a 500mb mod because of all the variantmeshes.

Edit: For campaign, it'd be really annoying without the Assembly Kit (which we're not getting for Warhammer), but probably doable if anyone could be bothered.