View Poll Results: Are you excited about a Warhammer Total war hybrid?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 54.55%
  • No

140 34.40%
  • I don't care

45 11.06%
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

YES. Praise Sigmar. But... they NEED to have a new engine. We need unit collision, unit weight, unit spacing... otherwise it will be garbage. Medieval 2 was the best. Oh, and can we please have a Empire Demigryph Knight general unit?

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Game of Thrones has dragons, I would hardly call it a show for kids (that is, unless your culture considers the rape of teenage virgins an acceptable custom).

In any case, let's just say that an adult, a mature person, would be confident enough about himself to play what he wants without fearing the opinion of a school bully and let others do as they like without having to judge them based only on his own low self-confidence.

We should make a poll asking about the ages of people defending a Warhammer game and those calling them "kids" for liking fantasy. The results would be enlightening.
    Yeah I suppose.
    Last edited by Cope; September 15, 2015 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    If people want to play with paints, dolls and plastic army men then that is absolutely their prerogative. I just find it funny that such things have made it into Total War.
    Keep your bad vibes to yourself please, thank you, and goodbye!

If people want to play with paints, dolls and plastic army men then that is absolutely their prerogative. I just find it funny that such things have made it into Total War.
    Probably because Total War copied its game design off of early-era Tabletop Wargames.

You find it funny that Total War has branched out into a universe that offers far greater tactical and strategic depth than anything they could find to model historically?

The original Total War game engine copied aspects of the Warhammer math engine

...and now 15 years later we have come full circle and computer game playing elitists are slagging CA for getting a license to one of their inspirations

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Really? Total War games aren't the most sophisticated of war games on the PC, let alone war games including tabletop games.
    I already mentioned that it takes an insane amount of dedication and skill to put together, paint, learn the huge amount of rules and successfully play the Warhammer games but any moron can (and do, apparently) fire up a Total War game, press some keys and beat the moronic AI.

The irony of all your silliness is that everybody here is just going to assume you're some 12 year old who is trying to make themselves sound more "mature" by calling things you have no knowledge about "kiddy".

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    You find it funny that Total War has branched out into a universe that offers far greater tactical and strategic depth than anything they could find to model historically?

The original Total War game engine copied aspects of the Warhammer math engine

...and now 15 years later we have come full circle and computer game playing elitists are slagging CA for getting a license to one of their inspirations
    I'm not slagging anyone off.
    Last edited by Cope; September 15, 2015 at 02:43 PM.

I just find it funny that you're spending your time slagging off people for playing with toys when you're on a forum about playing with toys.

Quote Originally Posted by vef215 View Post
    YES. Praise Sigmar. But... they NEED to have a new engine. We need unit collision, unit weight, unit spacing... otherwise it will be garbage. Medieval 2 was the best. Oh, and can we please have a Empire Demigryph Knight general unit?
    Eh, keep your Demigryphs. If there aren't Kislev Giant Bear Cavalry, I won't be happy.
    Last edited by Son of Horus; January 14, 2015 at 03:06 PM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Yupp, I can't help but feel like proper animations will have a huge role on the success of the game.
    IMO that was the major failing point for Mark of Chaos: crappy animations.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

I am so happy about it

Finally some fresh air

It would have been boring to go Med3

So finally w were right Bi first ( Attila) then TW:Warhammer

Himster's Avatar Praeses

I'm not slagging anyone off, I'm just saying it how it is. I already said quite clearly that people are free to play with toys if they would like to.

Also, yes I do find it funny that Total War has chosen to market its game around children lol. Wizards, magic spells and Hollywood quick time events on the horizon! #lulz
    I don't think you've ever heard of Warhammer before.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post

Eh, keep your Demigryphs. If there aren't Kislev Giant Bear Cavalry, I won't be happy.
    Yes we need those too! @1:09!

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I am quite excited, but I certainly hope that it will be treated as a mainline game, not some side game as some alluded to.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Also, yes I do find it funny that Total War has chosen to market its game around children lol. Wizards, magic spells and Hollywood quick time events on the horizon! #lulz
    Well, you seem to forget that half the success of TW comes from the fact that it's about ninjas, samurais, gladiators and knights.

I doubt those topics are the "rage" in grown up intellectual circles.

The also, the fact is that most people here enjoy military history speaks miles about the target audience being nostalgic/romantic, the kind of people who wonder how would have it been to ride with Alexander and enjoy to emulate the deeds of historical figures through games, movies and books. That to me proves that there is a little kid inside everyone that lurks this forum. If you want to call that inmature, well that's your call. It's all about what types of entertainment society accepts as "cool", and that, my friend, changes overtime. Everyone wants to be an actor or a movie director these days and 100 years ago they were considered little more than street buffoons.

By the way, If i were a developer or a parent, I would definatelly consider a historical game more fit for children than a gorefest with dubious morality as Warhammer is (although then again, historical games should also be gorefests with dubious morality, so that kind of shows that the fact that CA is targetting wider audiences -since a long time ago, by the way- is not inherent to the choice of Warhammer for their next game).

Also, youtube "warhammer" and count how many of the players are over 30. You will be amazed.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; January 17, 2015 at 08:38 PM.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I find it funny that you think CA, after Rome 2, has any chance of offering a greater tactical and strategic depth into a Warhammer? universe.

Have you played Rome 2? Kinda ironic that your comment claims CA now has an even bigger universe to conquer, when they couldn't even cover the general concepts of ancient siege warfare.

Now you want them to throw magic and dragons and fantasy elements into the mix?
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

First of all , i'd like to say that idea for something new is very interesting i didn't even known what warhammer was till today.
    Second of all , i like all the story and races about this game but i don't like that vampires and undead there're into it.Orcs,Goblins,Dark,Wood,Higt Elves,Humans etc.. is cool by me.
    Third of all , i'd like to see as all wanted to see new features and personally MAGIC a lotof magic actually that gonna be legendery.
    Finally, i'll keep an eye on it definitely.

Also, yes I do find it funny that Total War has chosen to market its game around children lol.
    Newsflash: Every Total War game has been marketed to children, if we call teenagers children. The same demographic as Warhammer, which as other posters have pointed out is actually a far more sophisticated hobby than computer games.

And if you read earlier post, you would understand that without Warhammer there would be no Total War.

In your world Dragons & Children = lulz.

O.K. Each to their own. But taking some sort of moral high ground while posting anonymously on an internet forum for an animated game of toy soldiers smacks of delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    I find it funny that you think CA, after Rome 2, has any chance of offering a greater tactical and strategic depth into a Warhammer? universe.

Have you played Rome 2? Kinda ironic that your comment claims CA now has an even bigger universe to conquer, when they couldn't even cover the general concepts of ancient siege warfare.

Now you want them to throw magic and dragons and fantasy elements into the mix?
    Ok fair point.
    Last edited by Cope; September 15, 2015 at 02:43 PM.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Moving on from people making stupid comments...

I'm also worried about the animations.

I mean, Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Skaven, Lizardmen, Undead/Tomb Kings, Chaos, Ogres, these would all need unique animations and models on the most basic of levels, let alone the fact that there are multiple mount types per-race and for a lot of the armies- dozens of unique unit types that will need further unique animations.

We're talking about a developer who left axe/club units in Rome 2 using sword animations for a hell of a long time (I believe they've changed it now but I could be wrong) and who have resorted multiple times to copy+paste units on a huge scale.
    Unless they have a second team, twice the size of the main team and full of competent developers, I'm worried that this game is going to be a complete mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    I didn't say that CA offers greater tactical and strategic depth to Warhammer, but that Warhammer offers greater tactical and strategic depth.

From your perspective, you don't appear to rate CA.

However, from my perspective CA are much better at tactics and strategy than Games Workshop ...so even a below par CA game should be better than anything GW could do