Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Default Re: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Let's start with some theme

- a lot more Hordes than Attila ( Skavens, Orcs and Goblins, Chaos Warbands, Norsca (?))
    - playable Undeads ( von Carstein, Blood Dragon, Khemri Tomb Kings)
    - Imperial States and Civil Wars
    - grim and dark atmosphere of the game
    - balanced siege weapons (catapults, trebuchet vs cannons)
    - limited magic

Thanks again SEGA/CA for the idea, and bringing this World to Total War

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Well, I guess we would have to define what Total War-ness is.

If it's about big ass, real time battles, then I'm all in, as for the rest, I'd rather rethink the whole thing. As I said, my biggest fear for this game has always been that it felt like a TW mod or expansion rather than a proper fantasy game.
    Yes but with them taking their time it may actually be not the case. They acquired license for the Warhammer game more than two years, and game is technically still not revelead. Who knows how long have they been working on that?
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by englisharcher89 View Post
    Let's start with some theme
    You have to use the [youtube] "command" and write what's after the "=" in the youtube link. For your video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NajZu3sdbNU) it would be:

[youtube]NajZu3sdbNU[/youtube (i remove the final "]" so you can read it)

Last edited by HigoChumbo; January 14, 2015 at 01:41 PM.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    Wishlist for Warhammer: Total War?

- Nothing like Spartan: Total Warrior

As long as CA don't water down the Total War-ness to fulfil this license I'll be happy.

This man knows whats up.

I'd love to see a Total War game generating a Warhammer World rather than a Warhammer game on my computer. The last Warhammer licence, whose name escapes me, was around about the same time as Shogun: Total War ...and far, far, far inferior.

I'd like:

- sense of internal logic and realism despite the magic and monsters content
    - believable physics, representing vast power differentials i.e. snotlings and Dragons
    - characters and magic items represented adding salt to the gameplay, but not dominating over tactics and strategy
    - balanced and effective magic
    - high level turn based play allowing us to choose our favourite factions and... CONQUER THE HIGH ELVES
    - highly customisable so gamers can develop their own warbands and armies from whatever faction they please

Basically, to take the best of Total War; realism, and add the best of Warhammer; compelling and complex magical world.

Go, Go, Creative Assembly!
    Jep we Should have a sub-forum :/

and we all know who will win the world, The Druchii!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Zwirbaum View Post

@T.D. The Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat were great games. Mark of Chaos was okay, but unfortunately not as good as Dark Omen.
    Lets just say that you and I differ on what constitutes a great game.

Just one more thing, it MUST be hard to be good (see I'm not saying good factions, but good morals). That's the whole point of Warhammer.

Well, I guess we would have to define what Total War-ness is.

If it's about big ass, real time battles, then I'm all in, as for the rest, I'd rather rethink the whole thing.
    +1 for the big ass real time battles.

I think there is a lot of mileage to be hand in the turn-based over-strategy if it was developed correctly. Warhammer lacks a good Campaign element, and something like Medieval with your politicians and assassins running about sucking up (or not) to different faction leaders would be v. cool IMO.

However I actually found the turn based strategy detrimental in the most recent CA game I've played, Shogun: 2 -- it was starting to overwhelm and detract from the combat aspect.

You Know what? I would love to see a return of Cultist of Khaine really love the style.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And the old warhammer online really showed how The Druchii should look like!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Citizen

Blog Entries

However I actually found the turn based strategy detrimental in the most recent CA game I've played, Shogun: 2 -- it was starting to overwhelm and detract from the combat aspect.
    Completelly agreed. The problem is specially that while TW battles are by far the best in the market (mostly because of the lack of competence), the campaign isn't. If it was good enough, that would not be problem. Some other very sucessful strategy games, like Civilization or Europa Universalis don't even have real time battles and still people spend hours hooked to their "campaign" maps.

That mentioned, I've always said that CA should try to make a game getting rid of the separated turn based map and just merge everything into a slow paced, full rts game, in which battles and campaigning happen on the same map (think of Wargame: European Escalation on a bigger scale while adding management/building features), although I'm not sure if Warhammer TW would be the best game to introduce that, since I think it might benefit from the separated pitched battles (which is what the tabletop game is about, after all).

If done properly, I'd prefer a slow paced, pausable, full rts game any day.

I wouln't even mind a slight reduction in scale (please don't stone me) if that was what is needed to achieve that. And this in the other hand would actually fit the Warhammer setting (because warhammer units feel more individual and detailed and an adjusted scale would help to achieve that).
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; January 14, 2015 at 02:55 PM.

That mentioned, I've always said that CA should try to make a game getting rid of the separated turn based map and just merge everything into a slow paced, full rts game, in which battles and campaigning happen on the same map (think of Wargame: European Escalation on a bigger scale while adding management/building features), although I'm not sure if Warhammer TW would be the best game to introduce that, since I think it might benefit from the separated pitched battles (which is what the tabletop game is about, after all).
    That would be very immersive if they managed to pull it off. But difficult to do.

I concur it would suit a historical scenario better ...perhaps aiming to give the user the flexibility and control that i.e. the Mongols used to devastate Eurasia?

Nahhh I prefer it to be Tbs on campaign map, and more as a sandbox with a bit of narrative behind it all.

Nice wishlist

Ine thing wewill not get though is a new engine

If you remember well the first sigjting of TWWarhammer was on a picture of e dev computer showing on the same engine rome2 and TW warhammer

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyj99 View Post
    Nice wishlist

Ine thing wewill not get though is a new engine

If you remember well the first sigjting of TWWarhammer was on a picture of e dev computer showing on the same engine rome2 and TW warhammer
    Well I read somewhere that Warscape is the graphics engine. I don't know how capable it is to achieving an immersive fantasy setting, but in any case, my concern was about game mechanics (which I believe are done with a different engine).

If they use the same, well then I hope they fix and adapt it properly.

Put oriental factions (Cathay, Nippon) as playable faction.

I would like for CA to have the units respond correctly depending on the faction you are attacking.

For example, instead of taking the easy way out and having all Empire Spearmen say the same 3 things when ordered to attack a unit, have their dialogue change based on who the enemy is.

If you order them to attack orks "Cut down the Greenskins!"

If you order them to attack Chaos "Their Chaos gods are worthless, Sigmar will prevail!"

When told to attack Khorne Chosen "They may best us in single combat, but we have numbers! Overwhelm them!"

Or even have the dialogue change based on the experience of the unit, no experience units may be scared or unsure of themselves when they speak "Would you look at the size of them! We will try our best Lord!".

High experience veterans would be confident sounding and calm, and maybe even cocky "We've fought worse (spits), stick it to em lads!"

And for the love of GOD CA, do not pull random employees into back rooms to record the voices at the last minute. Get professionals and use professional equipment. You have the opportunity to make this exciting and memorable! And get someone good to do the music, we need exciting and invigorating music!

Seeing your Empire troops march towards the enemy with their banners flying in the wind to this is unforgettable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-3cJ2Ztcy4

For the battle music, we need music with bite and drive CA. Not passive dull lullaby music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99yFe68YtMQ

When my troops are in the thick of it with the enemy, I need music like this to get my blood pumping!

Good use of vocals too would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt531rsghsA

I posted this in the other thread but I will post it again here

Other ideas I want:

-A subterranean map for the night goblins, dwarves, and Skaven
    -Heroes you aren't afraid to commit to battle, maybe attach them to a normal unit before the battle, so that they can lead from the front
    -Magic that is unpredictable
    -Large units that behave like large units, and aren't just larger infantry
    -Battles that make sense, for example an Empire swordsman should not be able to kill a Black Orc or a Khorne Chosen in a 1on1
    -Have a separate unit pool for castle garrison units, that way you can choose and recruit each castle's garrison based on what you want
    -Quests for heroes to go on on the campaign map, things for them to find and do etc, hero mini games?
    -Good AI, this is #1, and hard AI that doesn't need to cheat in order to be hard
    -40 unit battles
    -The ability to call allies to help you in the field, make it so battles with 2v1 or 2v2 are more frequent, or 1v1v1
    -New engine, so that units have proper collision sizes and weight and movement
    -Get rid of the 1 on 1 combat, and get rid of the stupid death animations/dances
    -Up to 4 player multiplayer campaign that actually works
    -The ability to place defenses on the field, like the barricades in Attila
    -No DLC ing
    -A stable good launch
    -As many factions to play as as possible
    -Better diplomacy, the ability to give regions etc
    -Medieval 2 style building system
    -Hero customization, better family trees
    -Avatar multiplayer, in addition to normal balanced competitive matches
    -Lots and lots of lore, good interesting tooltips and descriptions. Rome 2 was lackluster, and that's putting it nicely (Thes guis are guis with sords, they hit ppl with ther grate sords)
    -More concern with the population of your towns rather than just how much money can I extract from them (My Lord, many of your citizens in X are turning to vampiric cults, many are dying of disease, not many want to join the militia)
    -Epic music
    -Good voice acting
    -Lots of unit variety
    -Good balanced maps
    -Battles that last longer than 5 minutes
    -Lots of campaign events
    -Gore/blood already in the game as an option, quit the DLC whoring
    -New engine
    -Campaign videos
    -Cool CGI intro
    -Large unit sizes
    -To not be a rushed and buggy mess
    -No DLC whoring

That's it for now

Whatever all you guys are saying be prepared for lots of high cost DLC. This is a propreitary license we're talking about here. Be prepared for Dawn of War type DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Whatever all you guys are saying be prepared for lots of high cost DLC. This is a propreitary license we're talking about here. Be prepared for Dawn of War type DLC.
    Agree with you there. Unfortunate, but a sign of the times. Still, we have a choice whether to purchase or not. As long as all the main factions and regular units are in the vanilla game at launch and not added as DLC. Exotic factions and exotic unit packs I would be ok with as DLC.
    To be fair, when you look at Rome 2, it has more free playable factions than any previous TW game and any DLC culture packs or unit packs are really just a personal choice whether you want them or not. If you don't have them it doesn't affect your playing experience detrimentally.
    Last edited by von stoker; January 14, 2015 at 09:37 PM.

Lets just say that you and I differ on what constitutes a great game.
    I'm curious, what did you not like in the Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat? (It is not flame baiting or anything like that, just general curiosity )
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

For the love of all that is good and holy, do not use The End Times as the setting for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    For the love of all that is good and holy, do not use The End Times as the setting for the game.
    I can get behind that!
    The story is not done, the end that its all lot different planes doesn't work for me.