Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Could somebody do a summary about what's so bad about this "End Times" thing everyone keeps talking about? I have no clue of what it is.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Could somebody do a summary about what's so bad about this "End Times" thing everyone keeps talking about? I have no clue of what it is.
    There are now only 6 factions. And Lizardmen can into space.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Here is a summery of it:
    http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Here is a summery of it:
    http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times
    Yeah I gave it a look, but I have never played Warhammer Fantasy so I don't know about the previous rules/lore, so what I want to know is why are people complaining so much about it. Just lore changes?

So far, the only thing I get is that they have killed the character of one of my favourite Fantasy Miniatures:

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah I gave it a look, but I have never played Warhammer Fantasy so I don't know about the previous rules/lore, so what I want to know is why are people complaining so much about it. Just lore changes?
    And a heck of a lot of rule changes.

There are some rumours that it whole will be turned it a plane system, like in Magic card.
    Something I do not like.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    Agree with you there. Unfortunate, but a sign of the times. Still, we have a choice whether to purchase or not. As long as all the main factions and regular units are in the vanilla game at launch and not added as DLC. Exotic factions and exotic unit packs I would be ok with as DLC.
    To be fair, when you look at Rome 2, it has more free playable factions than any previous TW game and any DLC culture packs or unit packs are really just a personal choice whether you want them or not. If you don't have them it doesn't affect your playing experience detrimentally.
    These two combined, if done well in a way I really like, like Call of Warhammer/Rage of the Dark Gods, is something I'm really willing to shell out big bucks for. It's kind of a dream come true, in a game sense, anyway.

We can talk all day about flying unit, monsters and spell casters but, in my view the most important thing is to get the character's right. Their the heat and soul of the universe and they need to to be impactful and they need to grow in an interesting fashion.

It will be of particular interest to me how particular races get new characters, Tomb King (Random wake ups? Invest resources in awakening them?), Orcs (Just random events? Spawning from experienced units?), Vampire Counts (Just normal reproduction algorithm sans-partner? Stealing other people's characters by turning them?), Lizardmen (Can you just pay to spawn saurus characers from the breeding pools? There's not many spare Slann lying around.)

I want a million knightly orders for the empire, overpowered cavalry, Sigmar this Sigmar that voice acting all over the place, epic music and interesting naval combat...on top of another 1000 not-as-important things.

I hope they manage to catch the warhammer atmosphere like mark of chaos devs did, through unit speech and music (one of the main reasons rage of dark gods is so awesome). Or relic in all their 40k games.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Would like to see sea battles with cool units like the Skaven sub, Dwarf Iron Clad, High Elven Dragonships, Dark Elf Black Arks. Also as someone mentioned before, sea monsters. Dark Elves use sea monsters in their navy as well. And having unique settlements for each race and famous cities/fortresses like Altdorf, Karaz-A-Karak, Lothern etc. would be spectacular.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Black_Baron's Avatar Foederatus

all i can say is that they should get some inspiration from Mark of Chaos and Battle of middle earth games.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Is Mark of Chaos really worth trying? I always considered it a minor game so I did not ever bother. I'm seeingg it mentioned a lot.

Is Mark of Chaos really worth trying? I always considered it a minor game so I did not ever bother. I'm seeingg it mentioned a lot.
    Yeah finished campaign twice, nothing special this game, some really bad animations IMO, but otherwise it's okay for Warhammer fan

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Carthage View Post
    We can talk all day about flying unit, monsters and spell casters but, in my view the most important thing is to get the character's right. Their the heat and soul of the universe and they need to to be impactful and they need to grow in an interesting fashion.

It will be of particular interest to me how particular races get new characters, Tomb King (Random wake ups? Invest resources in awakening them?), Orcs (Just random events? Spawning from experienced units?), Vampire Counts (Just normal reproduction algorithm sans-partner? Stealing other people's characters by turning them?), Lizardmen (Can you just pay to spawn saurus characers from the breeding pools? There's not many spare Slann lying around.)
    Yeah campaign map RPG elements are going to be really interesting if they get them right.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

It's pretty decent* game in my opinion, but do not expect to be in awe. There are some bugs, AI is not brilliant, game itself beside few missions (especially the ones when you just get your army) is easy. In fact it is like Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat but on the opposite direction. Also game as many other makes mistake in Chaos Campaign offering you to become champion of Khorne or Nurgle. Again no Slaanesh or the most interesting Tzeentch.

* Or at least i enjoyed it to at least some degree few years ago
    Last edited by Zwirbaum; January 16, 2015 at 06:02 AM.
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Black_Baron's Avatar Foederatus

Personally i never played Mark of chaos but i did watch gameplays.The gameplay mechanics aren't that good.But the visuals in that game (considering it came out in 2006) were very good and well made for that warhammer setting.I also like the idea the implemented with the hero duels in mid battle that was great idea but i think they could made it better.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Btw, just added "flyng units that can land at will and fight as ground units".

Just thought of it and it would be a really cool feature, kind of the dismount/mount system we already have.

Just imagine this dude landing in the middle of a melee and start sending people into the air.

Yeah I remember the flying units in dual was kind of Mehhhhh.

A dismount is needed, plus landing and crashing!

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    ..and crashing!
    Didn't think of that. That would be absolutelly brilliant.

Some kind of what elephants mean in Rome. They are very powerful, but if the get scared they might run over your lines. Would be cool to have a big ass dragon dying and falling in the middle of the battle crushing everyone under it.

zackstefy's Avatar Libertus

I really hope they'll add a 3d person control of heroes/generals...i'd love to control the hero just like in mount&blade or spartan total warrior also, it would be awesome it you could control the flying units ( imagine controlling the dragon ) + the big units like the trolls and smash the lil' elves
    Btw, since i'm a noob in Warhammer lore , are there any good book for warhammer fantasy? ( i'd love to read something like empire vs orks)
    Last edited by zackstefy; January 16, 2015 at 09:48 AM.